The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Trade Deadline. Deals Done.

TheGuardian_

4 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

A losing, rebuilding team with the strongest prospect pool in franchise history.

But seriously, feel free to wail, stamp your feet and hold your breath because management signed some stop-gap free agents in the off season and trades aren't happening right this second.

fool

7 minutes ago, canucker1971 said:

Of course they have a strong prospect pool. Our team has sucked for 5 years. 

Awesome. So if you admit that they have a strong prospect pool, why are you choosing to ignore the light at the end of the tunnel? Because management hasn't recreated your NHL 18 GM Mode season move for move? 

23 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

neither linden or benning are rookies

you know every hockey player starts out as a rookie

even gretzky did

but after a year or so they are no longer

so what is your point?
that they started somewhere?
so did you . .you were a baby at one point

you are not any longer

move on . you are lagging in the past

people grow and develop

Linden and Benning are supposed to be "Professional Experts", they are not supposed to make a mistake let alone many mistakes without consequences.

Should not the 2nd year had less mistakes than the first and the third less than....the idea being fewer and fewer errors.

So how long can they ride the coat tails f being rookies in your eyes?

Hearing that Edler thing now.

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Awesome. So if you admit that they have a strong prospect pool, why are you choosing to ignore the light at the end of the tunnel? Because management hasn't recreated your NHL 18 GM Mode season move for move? 

There are smart and prudent ways to run a sports team. Then there is what is happening here in Vancouver. Yes they have prospects. The truth is they should have lots more and the "REBUILD" has been delayed for 3-4 years due to the LENNING duo.

43 minutes ago, canucker1971 said:

Competitive? I hear that word a lot. It makes me want to vomit. The Canucks haven't been in the playoffs for 3 years. they aren't competitive now.

Yeah I know what you're saying. At first, competitive meant to compete for the playoffs while doing a soft rebuild.

The term them somehow quietly morphed into competing every night and being in games even if we lost most of them. 

At the end of the day though, a couple of things are undeniable:

1) The pace and effort of the games is much better than the last couple of years.

2) Earlier in the season, as much as we were overachieving we were actually doing pretty well.

I actually agree with trying to remain "competitive".  I think when the young guys come in they may not come into a winning team, but they come into a winning *culture* and one of effort. I think it is important to keep that up for that reason and just generally for the team.  If the culture becomes one of complacency that's hard to get out of.

23 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

A losing, rebuilding team with the strongest prospect pool in franchise history.

But seriously, feel free to wail, stamp your feet and hold your breath because management signed some stop-gap free agents in the off season and trades aren't happening right this second.

The Nucks have over 24 prospects, two draft picks playing in the NHL in four years, doesn't something seem wrong here?

i see that we may have 6 possible keepers on this team and 10 players who may be on this team in a year or two. we might get a couple more this draft. it is a slow build but terribly hard satisfying fans that want instant success. in 2 years, this team will look very different. yes fans will still bitch and complain that we should've taken kopitar. the canucks have so many opinionated fans who all want something a little different. trying to please them all is imposable.

Just now, TheGuardian_ said:

The Nucks have over 24 prospects, two draft picks playing in the NHL in four years, doesn't something seem wrong here?

I know that we've established that object permanence is tricky for you but it's important to remember that just because a prospect isn't in the NHL at this exact moment, it doesn't mean they won't be next season or the season after. I'd much rather let prospects mature instead of throwing a bunch of 18 year olds into the league and turning into the Oilers 2.0.

2 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i see that we may have 6 possible keepers on this team and 10 players who may be on this team in a year or two. we might get a couple more this draft. it is a slow build but terribly hard satisfying fans that want instant success. it 2 years, this team will look very different. yes fans will still bitch and complain that we should've taken kopitar. the canucks have so many opinionated fans who all want something a little different. trying to please them all is imposable.

Instant success?

They lost game 7 Stanley Cup 2011

They lost in 6 first round 2012

They were swept in 2013 in first round.

101 points in 2014 screwed this organisation.

We are now 4 years after the fluke 2014 year where they got a Ferland beatdown in round one loss.

Instant satisfaction? Like you mean signing 31 year old Erickson to a $36,000,000 mega deal? Instant success????

1 minute ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Is Benning looking to trade prospects, a few of the 24+, for that big winger he mentioned between games? Would that be rebuilding?

Are they going to do anything? How many times have we heard the like this team?

Tottaly agree. I could see Lenning trading for Evander BadBOY Kane.

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I know that we've established that object permanence is tricky for you but it's important to remember that just because a prospect isn't in the NHL at this exact moment, it doesn't mean they won't be next season or the season after. I'd much rather let prospects mature instead of throwing a bunch of 18 year olds into the league and turning into the Oilers 2.0.

Or ever? For most of the prospects the odds are that they don't make it and besides there are not enough roster spots available on the team.

Oiler's had lousy drafting, they also had an ex-player as their President of hockey ops and a old friend from junior days as a GM, rookies to start.

Archived