The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Trade Deadline. Deals Done.

TheGuardian_

Just now, canucker1971 said:

Dowd is tough? 

I like Archi.

Gudbranson is big but doesn't play tough. He is too nice of a guy. He isn't mean. Canucks need mean.

I remember the Tryamkin issue with the Pronger videos.  I agree we need mean.  It's not something that can be taught, I don't think.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I remember the Tryamkin issue with the Pronger videos.  I agree we need mean.  It's not something that can be taught, I don't think.

Even though Canuck LENNING knew coach Willy wasn't coming back, they enabled coach Willy to piss off Tryampkin so much, he decided to high tale back to Russia. That was a fiasco....Just another fiasco by this rookie LENNING duo.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't know that I would call Tryamkin "mean". He is a big guy, who can swat away smaller players with a swipe of his arm.

Mean is Ted Lindsay. Mean is Wayne Cashman. Mean is Semenko. Mean is Gary Howatt (all 5' 9", 179 lbs of him), who took down Bob Dailey (6' 5", 220 lbs).

Besides, while it is nice to have tough guys on a team, it is better to have team toughness, yes? Would you like Horvat to fight more? I wouldn't. 

regards,  G.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Anger makes you stupid, stupid gets you killed - Michonne lol

Yes, I agree that the Canucks don't have enough bite in their lineup, but I have liked the way they've been playing lately. I noticed Zadorov was prepared to drop the gloves against Guddy last night. Guddy came in, gave him a shove, kept his cool and skated away from the hot head. Zadorov took the only penalty. Guddy is tough, but he's not stupid. He will drop the gloves if need be. Benning mentioned they're looking for a physical top 6 forward, so maybe they'll get one. Might cost them Goldobin++, but so be it. I'm hoping it's Bjugstad to centre our 2nd line. 

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Anger makes you stupid, stupid gets you killed - Michonne lol

Yes, I agree that the Canucks don't have enough bite in their lineup, but I have liked the way they've been playing lately. I noticed Zadorov was prepared to drop the gloves against Guddy last night. Guddy came in, gave him a shove, kept his cool and skated away from the hot head. Zadorov took the only penalty. Guddy is tough, but he's not stupid. He will drop the gloves if need be. Benning mentioned they're looking for a physical top 6 forward, so maybe they'll get one. Might cost them Goldobin++, but so be it. I'm hoping it's Bjugstad to centre our 2nd line. 

Bjugstad is the last guy we should trade for. He has a history of concussions and the Canucks aren't in the position to give up multiple assets to trade for a guy like this. You lost all credibility, sorry

16 minutes ago, canucker1971 said:

So you sign Erickson for $36,000,000????? Is that transition to a younger team when you sign a guy with past concussion issues who was 31 freaking years old?????

They also said they wanted to try and remain competitive while doing it. Trading for guys like Vey, Baertschi and such (unporven talent) are rebuilding moves. Signing veterans like Miller, Vrbata and Ericksson are try and stay competitive moves. If you recall four years ago in sober moments there was no prospect pool to rebuild with.

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

"We think we can be a playoff team" isn't a hint?

And you weren't aware of (or are choosing to ignore) the changes to the team which were made that first year? Tell us how you would have blown the team up and moved out all of the dead wood with NTC and NMC clauses in their contracts? As it was, the only ones they did manage to get out were Garrison and Kesler (who did want out). 

regards,  G.

2 minutes ago, canucker1971 said:

Bjugstad is the last guy we should trade for. He has a history of concussions and the Canucks aren't in the position to give up multiple assets to trade for a guy like this. You lost all credibility, sorry

How do you judge who has credibility when you have none? Just curious.

2 minutes ago, Baggins said:

They also said they wanted to try and remain competitive while doing it. Trading for guys like Vey, Baertschi and such (unporven talent) are rebuilding moves. Signing veterans like Miller, Vrbata and Ericksson are try and stay competitive moves. If you recall four years ago in sober moments there was no prospect pool to rebuild with.

Yes but their attempts at being "COMPETITIVE" has been truly horrendous and futile. Does bottom 5 for three straight years make them COMPETITIVE???????????

Archived