The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Trade Deadline. Deals Done.

TheGuardian_

3 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Wait until the summer to work on the Sedin issue. Is there room for them on next year's roster? Sign or not, and if so, for how much?

I expect that Vanek will be traded. Sorry to see him go, but he was signed to be traded, and he can always be re-signed as a UFA (should he wish to return to play here).If there is enough competition for his services by the TDL, maybe he could bring in a 2nd (say the lower pick with a team who have two 2nd round picks), but easily a 3rd and a reasonable prospect.

Dowd for a 4th, or if not, then the Canucks should offer him a contract for at least a one year deal and something above the league minimum. 

Sign Archibald.

If the Canucks can make a deal which includes Gagner then they should do it. It's not that the team is in need of cap space, or that he has done poorly (to my mind, he's around where he should be for the games he has played). I do see there being a bit of a logjam forming and it might be good to make some space. 

I would prefer that the Canucks not trade Baershi or Granlund, but I could see them included in deals as depth forward acquisitions by another team.

I suspect that a d-man will be moved. Not Gudbranson or Edler, and likely not Tanev (although there's still a chance assuming some other team comes up with a very high type of over-payment offer. I can see Del Zotto being moved (I like his play this season). Hutton could be moved, or maybe even Biega. Something in 3rd round pick at the lowest, or perhaps a 4th for Biega.

If they can get something for Nilsson then the Canucks should take it. (perhaps a 5th - 4th?)

regards,  G.

Del zotto? "I like his play this year?" He is quite simply a defensive nightmare and by saying that, you have lost all credibility going forward.

1 minute ago, Baggins said:

What was your biggest clue to this conclussion? Was it signing Vanek, Gagner, and Del Zotto or trading for Pouliot?

I thought the Canucks have been re-building for about the last three years, no?

regards,  G.

Just now, canucker1971 said:

Del zotto? "I like his play this year?" He is quite simply a defensive nightmare and by saying that, you have lost all credibility going forward.

Yeah, well I'm just all broke up by your opinion of my opinion. but I'll get over it... somehow.  :)

regards,  G.

Just now, Alflives said:

After the 2017 TDL didn't Trevor say the "R" word?  

In context it was to clarify what they'd been doing from day one for those that just couldn't figure it out without actually hearing the word. What did you think they meant by "transition to a younger team" when they took over? :lol:

In context it was to clarify what they'd been doing from day one for those that just couldn't figure it out without actually hearing the word. What did you think they meant by "transition to a younger team" when they took over? :lol:

I don't see why TL was so a feared of using the "R" word from day one then? 

So you sign Erickson for $36,000,000????? Is that transition to a younger team when you sign a guy with past concussion issues who was 31 freaking years old?????

Just now, Where'd Luongo? said:

DZ has been adequate, and has moved the puck well.

Pretty much this. He hasn't been an all-star or anything, but for what was expected of him, he hasn't been bad.

regards,  G.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Its because LENNING is incapable of making the tough decisions. Rookie management like these guys constanly make mistakes and don't learn from their mistakes.

Whats the definition of insanity? Exactly

1 minute ago, canucker1971 said:

adequate? hahah that is hilarious. Sorry guys, he is a terrible NHLer, and should be in the AHL or KHL.

Yeah, I see your point. You have changed my entire life view. :P

regards,  G.

2 hours ago, canucker1971 said:

Lennings trade deadline plan is as follows:

1) Re-sign Thomas Vanek

2) Coddle the Twins until the end of the season, then watch them bolt back to Sweden.

3) Not actual trade anyone and tell the world that he is excited about the group of guys that he is.

4) Tell Canuck Nation that he wants to acquire some toughness, but, then not actually get any.

5) Re-sign Edler, and telling fans he is the Canucks #1 dman

You might just be right, except for the Sedins thing. The Sedins aren't "coddled", and I doubt they bolt back to Sweden (eg. Naslund, Forsberg, etc.). This is their home.

I can see Edler re-signing for 2 years and then retiring as a Canuck.   

Benning will try to make trades that improve the team. That's his job. But if a deal isn't in the best interest of the team, maybe nothing happens. That's a possibility.

Benning did acquire toughness (Dowd, Archibald, re-signed Guddy), and he isn't done.

Vanek might be re-signed of we can't get a good enough return. That's a possibility too.

1 minute ago, Gollumpus said:

Pretty much this. He hasn't been an all-star or anything, but for what was expected of him, he hasn't been bad.

regards,  G.

How Del Zotto got a two year: $6,000,000 deal is absolutely mind numbing.  LENNING HAS OVERPAID ON EVERY CONTRACT HE HAS DONE. its crazy

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Too many relate that to a tear down get blown out night after night leading to an empty arena. In this market far too many fair weather fans.

Just now, canucker1971 said:

How Del Zotto got a two year: $6,000,000 deal is absolutely mind numbing.  LENNING HAS OVERPAID ON EVERY CONTRACT HE HAS DONE. its crazy

Yeah, you're right. You're absolutely right. I can't understand how anyone doesn't share your point of view.

regards,  G.

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

You might just be right, except for the Sedins thing. The Sedins aren't "coddled", and I doubt they bolt back to Sweden (eg. Naslund, Forsberg, etc.). This is their home.

I can see Edler re-signing for 2 years and then retiring as a Canuck.   

Benning will try to make trades that improve the team. That's his job. But if a deal isn't in the best interest of the team, maybe nothing happens. That's a possibility.

Benning did acquire toughness (Dowd, Archibald, re-signed Guddy), and he isn't done.

Vanek might be re-signed of we can't get a good enough return. That's a possibility too.

Dowd is tough? 

I like Archi.

Gudbranson is big but doesn't play tough. He is too nice of a guy. He isn't mean. Canucks need mean.

Archived