The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

School Shooting In Great Mills Maryland

SabreFan1

6 minutes ago, Hobble said:

You know what could also prevent these shootings?

Banning firearms.

Wow.  That point went WAY over your head. 

Banning (making illegal, legislation, laws) firearms you say?  All the things illustrated in that picture are banned (illegal) and it still happened. 

Mao, Stalin, Lenin, Hitler all banned firearms ownership.  You should consider looking into something known as democide, which vastly exceeds the number of people killed in school shootings.  An unarmed nation is a nation of slaves and their lives are dictated at the whim of their masters. 

3 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

When it serves a purpose. Yep it is fun. I also enjoy catching and eating fish. 

Glad to hear you eat gophers too.   Killing and animal for the purpose of sustenance is acceptable.   Killing animals you find to be a nuisance when there are alternatives to killing them is cruel and necessary.   

4 hours ago, Bocivus said:

Wow.  That point went WAY over your head. 

Banning (making illegal, legislation, laws) firearms you say?  All the things illustrated in that picture are banned (illegal) and it still happened. 

Mao, Stalin, Lenin, Hitler all banned firearms ownership.  You should consider looking into something known as democide, which vastly exceeds the number of people killed in school shootings.  An unarmed nation is a nation of slaves and their lives are dictated at the whim of their masters. 

I agree with your sentiments to a point.  I think (armed or not) we are already slaves to our masters.  

12 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Glad to hear you eat gophers too.   Killing and animal for the purpose of sustenance is acceptable.   Killing animals you find to be a nuisance when there are alternatives to killing them is cruel and necessary.   

And how does your canola farming family remove gophers from there destroying their crop. Dogs and fences? hahaha.

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

And how does your canola farming family remove gophers from there destroying their crop. Dogs and fences? hahaha.

Live traps, dogs and summer students who fill holes/relocate dens.     Fences don't work for gophers.

Laugh away, not everyone is cruel.   However, I did speak to our relatives with the beef operation and they confirm no guns, fences and dogs work just fine.  No cougars (they laughed) and the wolf/coyote issue raises its head every few seasons but not more than other forms of loss - very minimal impact.   They say they have plenty of ground squirrels and have not ever really had an issue and would find shooting them quite opposite to their management approach.    They asked if I was discussing these things with someone either born before the 60's or someone who is pulling my leg and has actually never been outside of the city.::D

12 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Live traps, dogs and summer students who fill holes/relocate dens.     Fences don't work for gophers.

Laugh away, not everyone is cruel.   However, I did speak to our relatives with the beef operation and they confirm no guns, fences and dogs work just fine.  No cougars (they laughed) and the wolf/coyote issue raises its head every few seasons but not more than other forms of loss - very minimal impact.   They say they have plenty of ground squirrels and have not ever really had an issue and would find shooting them quite opposite to their management approach.    They asked if I was discussing these things with someone either born before the 60's or someone who is pulling my leg and has actually never been outside of the city.::D

Haha now I know you are lying. Do you understand how much effort that would take they create literally 1000’s of holes. And often we have to make two rounds of removal. Unless your family runs a slave farm it ain’t happening. . Ps what do you think dogs do when they catch gophers. Give them a nice one to one talk. Sounds like this family of yours is about a real as those sources who told you Juolevi was just sick.

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Haha now I know you are lying. Do you understand how much effort that would take they create literally 1000’s of holes. And often we have to make two rounds of removal. Unless your family runs a slave farm it ain’t happening. . Ps what do you think dogs do when they catch gophers. Give them a nice one to one talk. Sounds like this family of yours is about a real as those sources who told you Juolevi was just sick.

Yup, totally lying.   I have no family and they have no land in Western Canada.   It is all an elaborate hoax to debate with you on a hockey forum.    :lol:

You are both entertaining and, increasingly, ridiculous.   I have no idea what their dogs do nor do I know much about gophers but I do trust my family far more than some guy who cannot get his story straight about hockey and professes it is fun to kill innocent animals and then, when someone doesn't align themselves with that sort of cruel behaviour, calls them a liar.   I DO know that.   I also trust my hockey sources - trust them as they are real people who have real jobs and real information and don't hide behind a trollish picture from a rival to the team you claim to follow.   That is something else I KNOW.

I also KNOW that you like to make it personal.   That is awesome because it only makes it more entertaining as I love seeing people get worked up about such things - reinforces my image of you in your mom's basement with a massive Big Gulp full of Coke and McD wrappers all around you.   

Awaiting with anticipation your next witty attack on either myself or my family now that I have painted an accurate picture of you.   :lol:   Go back to the age argument and the part about enjoying killing animals - those are your most flattering moments.   

Have fun!   :)

At the risk of being called a liar, I'll weigh in as well:

In the mid-80's I was part of a band based in Saskatchewan. One of the guys lived on a farm east of the Battlefords, near a town called Hafford. I can't say for sure that they didn't have any guns, but if they did, I never saw them (I used to stay with them on weeks off, since traveling back to BC wasn't really practical)

What they did have was an army of cats, none of which were fed. They were expected to catch their food.

The only other thing I remember is that most of them had their ears cut off. Apparently they would invariably end of frostbitten by the winters in central Saskatchewan. 

15 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

At the risk of being called a liar, I'll weigh in as well:

In the mid-80's I was part of a band based in Saskatchewan. One of the guys lived on a farm east of the Battlefords, near a town called Hafford. I can't say for sure that they didn't have any guns, but if they did, I never saw them (I used to stay with them on weeks off, since traveling back to BC wasn't really practical)

What they did have was an army of cats, none of which were fed. They were expected to catch their food.

The only other thing I remember is that most of them had their ears cut off. Apparently they would invariably end of frostbitten by the winters in central Saskatchewan. 

These are the kind of cats I could like.

i spent about half a year on a New Zealand farm.  There was just the one farm cat.  But he was an  army of one.  He walked like a wild cat and had the build of one.  Often he would be gone for days foraging perhaps spreading his lineage and charting new lands.  But always back at some point happy as can be.

Once again, a child shoots a child because of an improperly stored firearm:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/texas-4-year-old-shoots-7-month-old-baby/ar-BBKB03y?li=AAggFp5

A 7-month-old baby is in hospital after being accidentally shot by a 4-year-old at a house in Temple, Texas.

The condition of the infant is unknown following the shooting at a house in the 300 block of South 25th Street at around 2:31 p.m. local time. KWKT-TV reports that the baby was conscious and breathing when taken to McLane Children's Hospital.

KWTX-TV reports that there is a sign outside the home in Temple that warns people that there are weapons inside. The sign reads: “The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 14 hundred feet per second.”

Temple resident Bradley Martin described the scene as the baby was taken away by emergency services. "[The baby] just looked lifeless in his hands,” he said. “There was blood all over [the infant]. They put [the baby] in the back of an ambulance and took off down the road."

This comment by a neighbor really struck me:

Neighbor Adrian Martinez said he does not blame the family for what occurred.

"I'm not there to judge them, but in my family, it happened once with my cousin," Martinez told KXXV. "My cousin killed accidentally my other cousin. It happens. Accidents happen."

"It happens".....just the price of "freedom".....nothing to be done...:sadno:

21 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Once again, a child shoots a child because of an improperly stored firearm:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/texas-4-year-old-shoots-7-month-old-baby/ar-BBKB03y?li=AAggFp5

This comment by a neighbor really struck me:

"It happens".....just the price of "freedom".....nothing to be done...:sadno:

Just so that I am clear. What is the point you are trying to make?  What is your over goal from this post?

-is it to bring awareness? If so I beleive gun accidents cause 120 kid deaths a year, you could be posting almost once every other a day.

-is it to punish parents for negligence?

-is it to ban guns?

On 2018-03-22 at 1:11 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

This is incredible... I’m very curious where this beef farm is Rob? 

4 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

This is incredible... I’m very curious where this beef farm is Rob? 

Essentially Sask/Alberta border area - more east than west for sure.   Been years since I have been personally there but they are part of several farms that all work together with their product.   

On 3/22/2018 at 8:25 AM, Bocivus said:

An unarmed nation is a nation of slaves and their lives are dictated at the whim of their masters. 

I am beyond amazed that people still think this way.   This sounds like something from a movie versus a modern civil society.    

There are many differences between people but this gulf between people who feel they need guns to feel safe and those who don't want them in anyone's hands but LE is as massive as any I know.    I don't own guns and don't want guns and in no way do I feel I am a slave in any way/shape/form.

6 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Essentially Sask/Alberta border area - more east than west for sure.   Been years since I have been personally there but they are part of several farms that all work together with their product.   

I was guessing it had to be east of the Rockies. Wolves are having a very significant impact on livestock (and wildlife) in a big chunk of B.C.  

On the firearms end of things... I generally try not to weigh in on things (as Internet forums - surprisingly - seem to be arena’s of extremism) but I’d suggest people need to consider the fact that there’s a deeper issue than the legality/non legality of firearms when someone is willing to walk into a public school/place and open fire.... 

for law abiding gun owners (such as myself) its frustrating watching people try to put more restrictions in place that aren’t going to solve the deeper problem.  

2 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I was guessing it had to be east of the Rockies. Wolves are having a very significant impact on livestock (and wildlife) in a big chunk of B.C.  

On the firearms end of things... I generally try not to weigh in on things (as Internet forums - surprisingly - seem to be arena’s of extremism) but I’d suggest people need to consider the fact that there’s a deeper issue than the legality/non legality of firearms when someone is willing to walk into a public school/place and open fire.... 

for law abiding gun owners (such as myself) its frustrating watching people try to put more restrictions in place that aren’t going to solve the deeper problem.  

I don't have an issue with those having guns who use them for lawful purposes.   I do have an issue if they are readily available to someone who should not have them and/or can be grabbed in time of mental crises.   I like the model of keeping them with LE and getting them before hunting etc.    If you need them to keep animals at bay on your property, where do you live?!

16 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I am beyond amazed that people still think this way.   This sounds like something from a movie versus a modern civil society.    

There are many differences between people but this gulf between people who feel they need guns to feel safe and those who don't want them in anyone's hands but LE is as massive as any I know.    I don't own guns and don't want guns and in no way do I feel I am a slave in any way/shape/form.

I'm sure people felt the same as you under Hitler's Germany, Mao's China, Stalin's USSR etc.  "This will never happen here.  I don't get how paranoid people are.  This isn't the Soviet Union and we're a more modern, civilized society".  We all know what happened next.  History has a way of repeating itself and genocide/democide was nothing new to governments around the world.  The incremental taking away of rights and freedoms will all add up sooner or later.  I just hope more people are prepared for it instead of willingly being lead to the gulags.   

Archived