The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

School Shooting In Great Mills Maryland

SabreFan1

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

They complain in Sask too but, agreed, Alberta kin complain a lot more!

Ryan, how old are you.   Cougars may be in my future but right now - they scare the beejeezus out of me.   

I'm in my 30s but I was always a fan of cougars back in the day. Flashbacks in Kelowna on a Friday night was always good times. @Warhippy knows what I mean. B)

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Religion, guns, politics, makes for serious debate I guess. Just look @Jimmy McGill called me a snowflake and a liberal, imagine how angry I am.

:lol:   I get that.   Got called similar by some and then was called a Trump supporter by others - it is hard to live in the middle!    I find most on-line people hilarious, only thing that really bothers me is people who claim to know things they clearly don't by speaking for "all" of anything (just today, farmers and in another thread "all Canucks fans want Sedins gone" and so forth).   Even then, i don't get remotely beyond bothered as I still get a chuckle and then play with them for a while, get bored, log off and voila, they will be right there when you come back so it is nice and predictable too!

Jimmy seems to be good people - be easy on him.  :)

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

They complain in Sask too but, agreed, Alberta kin complain a lot more!

Ryan, how old are you.   Cougars may be in my future but right now - they scare the beejeezus out of me.   

I don’t think men hunt cougar; cougar hunt men. :lol:

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

:lol:   I get that.   Got called similar by some and then was called a Trump supporter by others - it is hard to live in the middle!    I find most on-line people hilarious, only thing that really bothers me is people who claim to know things they clearly don't by speaking for "all" of anything (just today, farmers and in another thread "all Canucks fans want Sedins gone" and so forth).   Even then, i don't get remotely beyond bothered as I still get a chuckle and then play with them for a while, get bored, log off and voila, they will be right there when you come back so it is nice and predictable too!

Jimmy seems to be good people - be easy on him.  :)

We only see eye to eye in our dislike for the ndp. We make it work I guess. :lol:

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I have no idea how may "head of cattle" they have but I could ask I imagine - never really thought about it.   I know one of the farms, near Drumheller, and the one I have been too most does only crops (canola now for about 10 years) but they have chickens/sheep/goats nearer the house and dogs do just fine keeping any animals away.    Just fine.    They used to have some Timothy grass and let grazers on and didn't need guns then either.   

Just like with hockey discussion, someone doesn't agree with you and you automatically go into full Richard mode.   I could give a crap about what you believe or don't believe but just because anytime someone has information that doesn't fit your view of the world (in this case, farmers need guns), you go full Richard.   Speaks volumes about a few things - that's on you.   Second, my family is PROUD of the non-gun thing just for the reason of being able to talk to the likes of you that feel they speak for all of anything (hockey people, farmers, idiots who carry guns).   It is far from something to be impressed with...and I am not.

Oh, as far as I know, all of the farms have fences.   I have not driven the perimeter of all of them but can say, with confidence, they have fences.   You have farms without fences.   Cool story.   

My hats off to you for even responding to that post. Personally, I wouldn't engage in conversation with anyone who just outright accused me of lying.

30 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

My hats off to you for even responding to that post. Personally, I wouldn't engage in conversation with anyone who just outright accused me of lying.

Meh, I find usually when people accuse someone else of lying they are not sure of their facts.   I know what I know to be truth in my own life so it really doesn't bother me to be honest.    I find it amusing when someone tries to tell me something I know to be a fact (lots of hockey examples on this board, almost once a week) to be otherwise, I love how adamant they can get.   

I think he is as passionate about people having guns as I am otherwise (and the bulk of my family/friends for that matter).   I know he can be better at discussion than that so it was "meh" but this is one topic I would like to see those defending all these guns to stop attacking those who don't like guns and instead come up with better arguments to have them in the first place as speaking as one non-pro gun person, the arguments they are using sure are not working on me.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Guns.jpg

When the 1st Amendment was written, the internet and computers weren't around.  Times have changed.  The laws should change with them.  You know, free speech shouldn't apply to the internet.

So unless you have a homing pigeon, a feather and an ink jar you shouldn't be expressing such controversial opinions.  :P

On 2018-03-20 at 5:43 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Well, you and I differ there as I would find that to be offensive and cruel.   I get some find gophers to be a nuisance but I am sure they don't like us humans either and I don't feel we have a right to kill everything we don't like.    I do like the ignore button on this site - I use it.   I know you can't in real life but I wonder, given some on this site, if guns were available how many shootings may occur in the virtual world.   I hate to ponder that concept when I see some of the aggression from some.

Oh it's out there Rob.  but as for now you have to be employed by the gvt or be the gvt to use it.

On 2018-03-20 at 6:37 PM, Ryan Strome said:

I told you, I go out to my buddies acreage and shoot gophers regularly.B)

Gophers cause a ton of damage.  There mounds can cause a lot of damage to the machinery, which is extremely expensive to fix, but they also chew the crops up.  They’ve been known to easily cost 5-15% loss of crop.  They are a lot more than just an annoying

nuisance.  With that said, as fun as shooting them is, they are cannibals so all you’re really doing is feeding the family.  That’s why poison pellets are the most effective 

I believe that the amount of school shootings occurs because of the press they get. It's like it becomes an option in the crazy mind.

I wonder if a new trend would be started if one of the psychos were to attack a golf club instead? Or would it take more than one?

Archived