The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Adam Gaudette

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Nah, J. They're gonna be a real gud one-two punch down the middle. Maybe a two-three KO if Elias is actually a NHL centreman one day...

I think Gaudette and Bo will pan out to be that one-two punch if a Pettersson - Horvat - Boeser line has success. Hopefully we can draft Zadina or Schvenikov to be his winger, if we don't get Dahlin, along with guys like Dahlen and Lind.

2 hours ago, Qwags said:

@Apricot, want to make another bet? :bigblush:

Don't pressure me, if I wanna make a stupid bet it would be in the moment :lol:

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

Hope I'm active this time.

@Apricot, Calder trophy bet? I'll send you a 15 pack of Lucky if you lose and I win a jersey.

I'll pass

5 hours ago, J-23 said:

I think Gaudette and Bo will pan out to be that one-two punch if a Pettersson - Horvat - Boeser line has success. Hopefully we can draft Zadina or Schvenikov to be his winger, if we don't get Dahlin, along with guys like Dahlen and Lind.

No more Russians see Shirokov,Tryamkin,Goldobin luke warm success at best with Vancouver.

Best to avoid Russians me thinks. Pavel Bure and Alex Mogilny or even Igor Larianov know the Canucks used to be Russian friendly but not anymore.

6 hours ago, luckylager said:

Reading through the pages and surprise surprise, I'm really annoyed.

Why the &^@# people bitch and moan about a year being burned off his ELC is really annoying!? FFS

Question- Would you geniuses rather have let him go unsigned, play out his senior year and then go UFA?

SHUT THE PUCK UP! Price we don't even have to pay. Shut up. There's not a single scenario I've read from the itty bitty titty comittee that negates the fact we could lose him to FA after his senior year.

WTF

Now they have to use a spot to protect him from Seattle in the next expansion draft...

4 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Now they have to use a spot to protect him from Seattle in the next expansion draft...

Oh boo-hoo!

I don't think you're right about that anyways.

Is that protected spot worth not losing him to UFA after his senior year?  You know, maybe he would have decided to play his senior year if he didn't get signed this season.

46 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Oh boo-hoo!

I don't think you're right about that anyways.

Is that protected spot worth not losing him to UFA after his senior year?  You know, maybe he would have decided to play his senior year if he didn't get signed this season.

If Jim had lost his mind and tried to play hardball on not burning year 1 of the ELC that would have been unnecessarily risky, and for what? Big picture is we lose a marginal 3rd or 4th line player or 5/6 D just like everyone else and protect the young skill. Top NCAA players now get year 1 burned off, it happened about 5 other times over the last 2 days across the league. From a developmental pov its just fine. 

Not sure if already posted but the updated contract terms are here:

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/adam-gaudette

$850K in performance bonuses in years 2&3 (just $25,000 this year since he’ll only play a handful of games and can’t hit most targets). Max signing bonuses. 900K (prorated) salary (including signing bonus) in year 1 and then $925K in years 2&3.

Pretty generous deal based on his draft position but obviously it’s well deserved based on his quality today.

EDIT: Looks like a very similar deal to Boeser’s (including performance bonus structure), just for comparison’s sake. Says a lot about how the organization views Gaudette.

Archived