The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDSF: (C2) Winnipeg Jets vs. (C3) Minnesota Wild | Jets win series 4-1

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/13/2018 at 11:30 PM

17 hours ago, oldnews said:

LOL - Boudreau whining that the missed call on Morrissey "cost them the game."

Meh.  Get real.  Your team got dominated.   The score was flattering.   You guys were a no show down only 1-0 iin the 3rd period.

You're overmatched - that's what cost you the game.

Agreed 100% and I'm rooting for Minnesota in this series.

Missed calls happen all the time. Boudreau should focus on actually getting the most out of his depleted team's lineup. Yeo had less talented rosters and won a few playoff rounds, while Boudreau has nothing to show for.

4 hours ago, Dombrova22 said:

Morrissey gets 1 game LMAO. What a fu***** joke. 

If making a comparison with the Kadri suspension, you have to consider that Kadri has a history of being a dirt bag, whereas Morrisey is just getting started.

As a Canuck fan you should be be well versed in the “repeat offender” thingy that the DPS invokes whenever a Canuck is on the carpet.

21 hours ago, Time Lord said:

Agreed 100% and I'm rooting for Minnesota in this series.

Missed calls happen all the time. Boudreau should focus on actually getting the most out of his depleted team's lineup. Yeo had less talented rosters and won a few playoff rounds, while Boudreau has nothing to show for.

Couldn't agree more - and think this is the second time in this short series that he's managed to get fundamentally distracted and take a losing approach imo.

The end of game 2 would be the other imo.  A lot of people may think - hey, that's great, Minny blew a gasket or two and sent a message.  I don't necessarily agree.  It depends what the form is imo.  If you're playing vacant hockey, getting beaten thoroughly in most aspects of the game, and aren't managing to come up with realistic efforts through the first 55 minutes of games, I'm not a fan of 'turning it up' in the closing minutes.   In fact, I'd be annoyed with a coach who's 'best moments' in a series are the closing of losses.   If I were a fan of that team, I'd prefer to see more than last minute impressions, and probably reject those antics given the rest of the performance.  Come out the next game with another level of intent from the get-go and save the illusive "statements". 

Not a fan of Boudreau - or the fact his most notable input in this series has been as above, and comlaints about officiating costing him the game.  The Morrisey call can be seen as infuriating no doubt, but what is within the control of the Wild hasn't been particularly impressive - again - and he too doesn't own the most convincing playoff record.  These outbursts just strike me as part of a losing effort.

So next game, Winnipeg's defense will probably look like:

Morrow - Byfuglien

Chiarot - Trouba

Niku? - Poolman

Minnesota needs to be able to expose that left side and that 3rd pairing. Morrow and Chiarot haven't been bad but they aren't top 4 d-men.

1 hour ago, Time Lord said:

So next game, Winnipeg's defense will probably look like:

Morrow - Byfuglien

Chiarot - Trouba

Niku? - Poolman

Minnesota needs to be able to expose that left side and that 3rd pairing. Morrow and Chiarot haven't been bad but they aren't top 4 d-men.

and the Wild's is going to be: 

Brodin Dumba

Seeler Spurgeon

Murphy Prosser

Ryan Murphy will be making his playoff debut.  He has played 21 games for the Wild this year but has mostly been an adventure in his own end.  Boudreau has liked Soucy but says that Murphy is an offensive D and brings a bit more experience - he can help them escape their zone better and will help their powerplay.

At F Kyle Rau is also expected to make his playoff debut.

Zucker Staal Coyle

Niederreiter Koivu Granlund

Foligno Cullen Rau 

Greenway ErikssonEk Winnik

1 hour ago, mll said:

and the Wild's is going to be: 

Brodin Dumba

Seeler Spurgeon

Murphy Prosser

Ryan Murphy will be making his playoff debut.  He has played 21 games for the Wild this year but has mostly been an adventure in his own end.  Boudreau has liked Soucy but says that Murphy is an offensive D and brings a bit more experience - he can help them escape their zone better and will help their powerplay.

At F Kyle Rau is also expected to make his playoff debut.

Zucker Staal Coyle

Niederreiter Koivu Granlund

Foligno Cullen Rau 

Greenway ErikssonEk Winnik

Interesting. I liked Soucy early on too but thought he struggled a lot last game. 

I'm not worried about the top 4 anymore though. Seeler hasn't looked out of place and the other 3 are good enough to play their role.

Good to see Coyle in the top 6 instead of Greenway, who just isn't experienced enough for the role.

Archived