The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Humboldt Broncos Involved in Bus Crash

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, gurn said:

Lady says "I'm not trying to get cynical"  then gets cynical.

She also forgets it was not only kids killed, and seems to have assumed all the players were Caucasian; probably fooled by all the guys having dyed their hair blonde.

Also seems to forget this was a hockey team, and hockey is a bit important to a large majority of Canadians.

Why would this person make such comments?  I accept she has the right to her opinion, but it's a little more than unsettling someone would make such a comment.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Down by the River said:

We are living in an age where people like saying terrible things to get attention. 

Good thing I'm not on twitter.

hope this "lady" gets lit up. She has no soul and it's obvious that public statements are not her strength.

on a happier note. I was helping my son with his paper route today and it was great to see so many sticks out.  Definitely keeps you thinking and opens your heart.

• Like 2

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎07 at 12:55 PM, chon derry said:

not the best pic , but off to the right,   south east corner of the intersec. there is trees  this pic is way older than google maps and the tree's are much bigger  on google, so there is a sight distance problem for both drivers NOT being aware of one another,  but given the 2 stop signs 1 facing east ,the other west, there isn't a sight distance problem only a negligent dumba$$ TRUCK DRIVER ,  who will burn in hell for this. I wouldn't at all surprised to hear this so called driver is from surrey , where some of the absolute worst 'truck drivers' on the planet emanate from , I can attest to the calibre of some of these drivers simply because we couldn't understand each others language! 

just going to repost this...

13 hours ago, Down by the River said:

We are living in an age where people like saying terrible things to get attention. 

Send Nora this video.

Eddie is a young white male?  Still compassion / consideration to crash stories, people of need.

Edited by Canuck Surfer

Humboldt Broncos defenceman Morgan Gobeil’s siblings wanted to do something a little extra for their brother, who survived the bus crash and remains in hospital.

Morgan’s brother Ryan, sister Sarah, along with Ryan’s fiancee Mallory Horn and Morgan’s friend Drew Thiemann got Morgan’s heartbeat tattooed on their arms.

2wm2zyh.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, riffraff said:

Good thing I'm not on twitter.

hope this "lady" gets lit up. She has no soul and it's obvious that public statements are not her strength.

on a happier note. I was helping my son with his paper route today and it was great to see so many sticks out.  Definitely keeps you thinking and opens your heart.

her facebook account took it pretty good..... and ofcourse she is playing the victim card now

2 minutes ago, TheAce said:

her facebook account took it pretty good..... and ofcourse she is playing the victim card now

I saw that.  I mean there are some haywire people out there responding to her but she certainly needs a change of heart and mindset.

reassuring that the vast majority of reasonable people aren't putting up with that kind of outlook.

• Like 2

Humboldt Broncos bus crash claims 16th victim, as athletic trainer dies in hospital

1/17
cbc.ca logo
CBC/Radio-Canada 36 mins ago
a dog is posing for the camera: The family of Dayna Brons, the Broncos' athletic trainer, confirmed that the 25-year-old has passed away after suffering critical injuries in the team's bus crash last Friday evening. © Dayna Brons/Facebook The family of Dayna Brons, the Broncos' athletic trainer, confirmed that the 25-year-old has passed away after suffering critical injuries in the team's bus crash last Friday evening.

Dayna Brons, the lone woman aboard the Humboldt Broncos' team bus when it collided with a transport truck on April 6, has died.

Family and friends had been waiting anxiously, hoping the 25-year-old athletic trainer would pull through after she suffered serious head trauma, relative Dale Brons told The Canadian Press on Tuesday.

At that time, he said she had undergone two surgeries, and was on a breathing apparatus. 

However, on Wednesday afternoon, her family confirmed in a statement that she had died peacefully. 

"She was surrounded by those she loved and those who loved her," the statement said.

More to come

• Thanks 1