The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Humboldt Broncos Involved in Bus Crash

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It's quite clear what she was referring to, but she chose to use Twitter as a platform to make a social critique of the race and gender of the people who died in horrific ways, and how it played into the donations. She seemingly was looking to ham-fistedly chastise people for giving of their own volition to a cause that touched them.

Could she have used that effort to start up crowdfunding for other tragedies instead? Nah.

And your question regarding crowdfunding for the bus crash in India and the horrific plane crash is to point out a racially based decision by Canadians to support young white, male hockey players (there were some players of Native descent who died as well) over Indian schoolchildren?

The tragedy in Saskatchewan and the tragedy in Rajasthan are both beyond horrific in the loss of life, and the absolute devastation to families left without their children. Same with the plane crash. One is not more important than the other. People who live in a country will always be concerned with the wellbeing of their own citizens first.

a very confused lesbian , not that there's anything wrong with lesbians, but her FB site......the hate is shooting off In every direction.

2 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

How about Jersey day ?

We could focus on the negative and the hate......not in a position to post pics at the moment but the " tweets " and social media posts of people in all walks of life bringing out their jerseys and wearing them is quite a statement in itself. 

I'm wearing one of mine at work.  We were encouraged to, although I see less than 10% participation.  It's probably much higher in our prairie offices.

24 minutes ago, chon derry said:

a very confused lesbian , not that there's anything wrong with lesbians, but her FB site......the hate is shooting off In every direction.

I don't think her sexuality enters into it. She's just a self-righteous, social justice warrior. She seems to revel in insulting anyone who doesn't completely subscribe to her way of thinking. SJN = Social Justice Nazi.

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't think her sexuality enters into it. She's just a self-righteous, social justice warrior. She seems to revel in insulting anyone who doesn't completely subscribe to her way of thinking. SJN = Social Justice Nazi.

her type,  a non conformist ......desire to be different ........seems to be so many of these types these days just to be different ...they would have been more an individual(different) being who they once were....so in that regard I believe her sexuality was an early choice  of her's  just to be different ...she's confused.  any way   way to much attention on such a dbag.

Edited by chon derry

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Tim Hortons is selling Humboldt Broncos donuts with 100% of the proceeds going to the players and their families.

2guhtjI.jpg

I know I risk sounding insensitive here but I wonder why the players and their families need all this financial support? I get that some families lost their main breadwinners and could use some financial help or I can get behind a scholarship fund or something like that but plenty of people die daily and aren't getting millions of dollars raised for them just because this team had some it's members pass away in an accident. Do the parents of the passed away players really need money coming their way? I can assure you that no amount of money will heal the loss of your child.

I just see people throwing money at this because they feel like money helps and makes them feel better about 'helping'. When donations are the 10M mark, I can envision someone skimming off the top of the generousity.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

I know I risk sounding insensitive here but I wonder why the players and their families need all this financial support? I get that some families lost their main breadwinners and could use some financial help or I can get behind a scholarship fund or something like that but plenty of people die daily and aren't getting millions of dollars raised for them just because this team had some it's members pass away in an accident. Do the parents of the passed away players really need money coming their way? I can assure you that no amount of money will heal the loss of your child.

I just see people throwing money at this because they feel like money helps and makes them feel better about 'helping'. When donations are the 10M mark, I can envision someone skimming off the top of the generousity.

Fair questions.

1 hour ago, RonMexico said:

As someone that follows money for a living I have the same curiosities as you.

I can see funeral costs. Health care costs. Living costs while families adjust to a new life.

I am in no position to to say $10M is more than enough. But I am curious as to how all that money will be managed.

Bottom line is all necessities better be covered.

1 hour ago, RonMexico said:

The outpouring of support is probably more than they ever envisioned, but I believe the original intention was to help families cover costs for things like funeral services, taking leave of absences from work, etc. This money will also help if family members of the deceased want to fly other relatives in from other parts of the world, or whatever else they wish to do with it.

Yes, no money is every going to bring back their child, but it must feel good when an entire nation is coming together to support you through this difficult time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, riffraff said:

Not in the mood to battle someone like that.  Have to say I've really been thinking about this day to day since it happened.

drove roads around sask all year round for four years. Just a year ago.  Worked in stoon as well as some small towns.  Got to know families.  Still play hockey and always have.  I have three kids.  They have already travelled for sports.  So this tragedy has definitely got to me.

I drive those types of highways almost everyday for work. Every stop sign I come up to, every junction I go through with the right of way. It's on my mind.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

As someone that follows money for a living I have the same curiosities as you.

I can see funeral costs. Health care costs. Living costs while families adjust to a new life.

I am in no position to to say $10M is more than enough. But I am curious as to how all that money will be managed.

Bottom line is all necessities better be covered.

I certainly hope that all costs are covered and whatever is left over is donated to hockey organizations that need it.

3 hours ago, RonMexico said:

The tragedy of loss has happened.  We can’t do anything about that.  However, now all these families will need mental health support. Maybe the costs of such ongoing support for so many can be paid for through some of these funds?  

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Agreed. She's a self-righteous, ultra left-wing social justice warrior who politicized a tragedy. 

If she had just stated "It would be great to see Canada come together for every tragedy that befalls people here" she wouldn't have incurred the total $&!#storm she did. Instead she brought gender and race and age into a horrific tragedy. 

She's an idiot and deserves all the derision she's getting. 

I need to think happy thoughts after going to her twitter page.