The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BFHL 2018/19

Master Mind

Okay a complicated question @Master Mind...

How does the top 4 LW’s ( or 4 C, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G) point concept work exactly?

I’m unsure how Fantrax will choose those players, as you also said we can only have a maximum of 5 players in each forward position. 

Does this mean I have to pick players (at/near the end of the draft) who are ineligible for a certain position in order to maximize points? 

For example:

I have 6 guys eligible for C — Monahan, Aho, Carter, Cirelli, Wheeler and Beavillier — Does Fantrax choose the best 5 and makes those 5 ONLY eligible for C (and only counting the best 4 for actual points)? Even if the 5th place guy who is also a RW, out produces one of my RW’s.

“per week.You may use your 4 extra spots on any position, up to a maximum of 5 at each forward position, 2 extra defence, 1 extra goalie.” 

This makes me think we will get to choose the players only position for that week, every week. Which would answer my question :lol:

I know I’m making this more complicated than needed, but would appreciate any clarity you can provide. 

Edited by Art Vandelay

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

Okay a complicated question @Master Mind...

How does the top 4 LW’s ( or 4 C, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G) point concept work exactly?

I’m unsure how Fantrax will choose those players, as you also said we can only have a maximum of 5 players in each forward position. 

Does this mean I have to pick players (at/near the end of the draft) who are ineligible for a certain position in order to maximize points? 

For example:

I have 6 guys eligible for C — Monahan, Aho, Carter, Cirelli, Wheeler and Beavillier — Does Fantrax choose the best 5 and makes those 5 ONLY eligible for C (and only counting the best 4 for actual points)? Even if the 5th place guy who is also a RW, out produces one of my RW’s.

“per week.You may use your 4 extra spots on any position, up to a maximum of 5 at each forward position, 2 extra defence, 1 extra goalie.” 

This makes me think we will get to choose the players only position for that week, every week. Which would answer my question :lol:

I know I’m making this more complicated than needed, but would appreciate any clarity you can provide. 

You choose the players, Fantrax only counts the top x per position.

So out of the 6 C's you have (plus any more you may draft) you'd set either 4 or 5 of them to C, and move the others to wing. If you set 5 C's, it'll only count the most productive 4 of the week.

If you set 4 C's, and one of them gets injured, best to pull a surplus winger to C.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1