The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Elias Pettersson

14 hours ago, sonoman said:

The most efficient kidneys can filter about 1 litre per hour.  That's about 32 fluid oz (2 lbs) anymore than that and you risk water intoxication.  This can seriously F%*# you up or kill you.  I doubt EP is that stupid.

IMG_2511.PNG

Once again I’ll didn’t say he drank/ate everything in one hour. I specified days and even further specified that someone trying to gain weight will be eating and drinking a lot more than they normally would.  You can put on 5-10lbs of excess weight in a day or two from eating/drinking. 

15 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

This will be my last interaction with you as you appear to be unable to move on from certain topics. Those disparaging things you said about that other poster (condescending and think they are a genius) apply to you.

No one including Elias said he was 177 lbs so I am unsure why you mistakenly think he is 177. Possibly poor reading or listening comprehension....or not...whatever lol. Elias said he was 77 kg. That is 169.5 lbs. That is what Elias weighs. Feel free to actually listen to the interview to clarify your mistake. As for your notion that professional athletes drink and eat 10+ lbs of food before being weighed....whatever floats your boat pal lmao.

Klingberg 6'2 177. You may not have heard of him (kidding) but he is one of the best dmen in the league. A mere 7 lbs heavier than Elias Petterson is now and Elias still has much room for growth. Klingberg is an awesome NHL player...and he is still alive...hasn't been killed by another player even though he so slight of build haha. How could Elias ever withstand the rigors of the NHL, even though Klingberg seems to have mastered it??!! My gosh...

The pros say Elias is ready to play in the NHL now. I can't wait until next season to watch him play on the Canucks. It will be an exciting time for hardcore Canuck fans such as myself.

As for your bolded quote above, many here feel you "look dumb" regarding this whole topic you are fixated on, yet you don't seem to care. Why do you feel other posters would care if you think they are dumb?? Haha...transference? That was rhetorical. I don't care if you respond at all.

Anyway....peaches (is that name because you bruise easy? haha just kidding)....take care buddy.

awe look you got upset I knew you felt stupid from your previous post!

On 2018-05-25 at 7:51 PM, peaches5 said:

I said he was closer to 160 lbs from 172. People who are skinny and constantly weighing themselves drink and eat before they weigh themselves so if he says he is 177 I don't think he is. The fact of the matter is he hasn't put on any muscle mass which is the issue so maybe he grew taller but he still has no muscle mass. That is a huge issue in the NHL. Tanev has had issues with weight and oh look he is constantly injured. 

This is the whole reason why he fell to 5. It's not some little issue.

So basically you are going to assume, without any basis of fact, that he's been eating or drinking? You are also going to claim he "fell in the draft" as you did earlier even though many, if not most scouts, had him pegged as being at least a couple of spots later in the draft? You have also been given an example of someone like Gaudreau and simply go "5 foot 7 on skates" as your reasoning?

I think you need to earn more muscle mass on this site. You seem to be trying to drink too much water and not coming up with much substance. ;) I'm sure you are a kid anyway and if you're not you clearly still have a lot of growing to do anyway.

56 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Once again I’ll didn’t say he drank/ate everything in one hour. I specified days and even further specified that someone trying to gain weight will be eating and drinking a lot more than they normally would.  You can put on 5-10lbs of excess weight in a day or two from eating/drinking. 

Which one is not like the other two? 

IMG_2518.PNG

On 5/25/2018 at 10:31 AM, Borvat said:

I am not saying Elias is Wayne Gretzky by any stretch. But I do believe Elias is a gifted player and will only improve.  Gifted players are much more difficult to find.  Time will tell.

When he entered the league in 1979, critics opined that Gretzky was "too small, too wiry, and too slow to be a force in the [NHL]."[137] His weight was 160 pounds (73 kg), compared to the NHL average of 189 pounds (86 kg) at that time.[138] But that year, Gretzky tied for first place in scoring, and won the Hart trophy for the league's most valuable player.[139] In his second year in the league, weighing just 165 pounds, he broke the previous single-season scoring record, racking up 164 points.[140] The next year (1981–82), at 170 pounds—still "a wisp compared to the average NHL player"—he set the all-time goal-scoring record, putting 92 pucks in the net.[141] He weighed "about 170 pounds" for the better part of his career.[142] He consistently scored last in strength tests among the Edmonton Oilers, bench pressing only 140 pounds (64 kg).

Gretzky explains his style of play:

People think that to be a good player you have to pick the puck up, deke around ninety-three guys and take this ungodly slap shot. No. Let the puck do all the moving and you get yourself in the right place. I don't care if you're Carl Lewis, you can't outskate that little black thing. Just move the puck: give it up, get it back, give it up. It's like Larry Bird. The hardest work he does is getting open. The jumpshot is cake.

That's all hockey is: open ice. That's my whole strategy: Find Open Ice. Chicago coach Mike Keenan said it best: "There's a spot on the ice that's no-man's land, and all the good goal scorers find it." It's a piece of frozen real estate that's just in between the defense and the forward.[75]

yeah but just imagine how many goals and points he could have gotten had he been 190 pounds

he likely never reached his full potential due to his lack of physical size

am i doing this right ?? :wub:

3 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

yeah but just imagine how many goals and points he could have gotten had he been 190 pounds

he likely never reached his full potential due to his lack of physical size

am i doing this right ?? :wub:

We totally need a 300 pound center prospect. That prospect will totally get 150+ points in a season! Size totally matters right?

On 5/26/2018 at 1:51 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

You are on crack!

The guy has legs that outpower & outskate 90 to 95 % of the best hockey players in the world. With enough strength that he has balance, agility, control. And does not tire.

And he's 6'2''

I'm 5'11'' and weighed 157 lbs when I ran marathons in 2 & 1/2 hours. 8% BF composition. I guarantee you, he weighs more than I did & he's less than that 8%. I hit 190 lbs when I discovered how to not overtrain. And 200lbs when I discovered beer. 

sweet.. let's have everyone buy him a case of beer

and ship it to roger's arena with his name on it

and see how many storage rooms we can fill up

so we can do our part so no one will ever make another post about pettersson's weight

i know it is early . but that is my xmas wish already

although my birthday is coming up soon

so maybe i'll make it my bday wish

p.s. make sure you send him a case of weighty beer

a hearty ale

not a light beer, a lager, or a pilsner

we gotta fill the boy out i think

On 5/26/2018 at 11:26 AM, peaches5 said:

I didn't imply he was taking steroids at all. I implied he weighed himself after eating a meal and drinking copious amounts of water to make himself weigh more than he actually does.

um you are suggesting that elias is in denial about his true weight

here . i'll hand you a mirror

look in it

you'll see someone who is in denial about his belief that he is an expert on weight and body mass issues

did you get a good look ??

What’s the fascination with young men hockey players physique/health? From OJ’s illness to EP40’s weight? This is borderline obsession and yes to you whom are arguing a boys weight, you should be ashamed. Very weird fans we have here in Vancouver I guess. Ooo how people manage their time. Bizarre. 

10 hours ago, alfstonker said:

You might want to check this HW :o

Not just hit but "sent into the middle of next week"

One legit big hit, a cross-check to the head when already down, and Messier riding him into the boards.  And for that one legit hit, if Gretzky had another 10 or 20lbs would it have been any different?  Btw, notice how nobody challenged the hitter?  If anyone did that today, even though it was a good clean hit there'd be a full-on scrap and possible brawl.

Notes from the video poster:
"Wayne Gretzky was a hard player to hit most of his career...this can be traced back to Gretzky's second season on Jan.3,1981 vs Toronto when rookie Bill Mcreary caught Gretzky with his head down...Mcreary would only play 12 games in the NHL."

Wasn't watching him yet, but saw plenty afterwards and if there were other significant hits they would have made headline news.  Point stands -- he was VERY elusive and avoided hits like few others could and Elias has the same potential to do likewise, yet is already a more gritty player than Gretzky ever was and very close to his size.  Nobody can 100% avoid every single hit, but any argument saying he'll get demolished with any hits has little substance.

11 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Because that's the last possible thing they have to cling to about Pettersson to be negative about.

It's also the most fixable of his problems, to the point where discussion of it is nonsense.

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

um you are suggesting that elias is in denial about his true weight

here . i'll hand you a mirror

look in it

you'll see someone who is in denial about his belief that he is an expert on weight and body mass issues

did you get a good look ??

Don't need to be an expert. There is not one thing I said that was factually wrong. Just because it's not a popular point of view it's ridiculed. Sheep will be sheep.

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

Don't need to be an expert. There is not one thing I said that was factually wrong. Just because it's not a popular point of view it's ridiculed. Sheep will be sheep.

really

well enjoy your world

you've clearly made it your own

it's not mine though

Archived