The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Suspect surrenders to police after driving stolen tank through streets in Virginia; no accidents

Dazzle

https://globalnews.ca/news/4255990/stolen-tank-virginia/

A man was arrested after police chased a stolen tank through Richmond, Va..

“The driver of the armoured personnel carrier had stopped the vehicle and surrendered to Virginia State Police,” police spokesperson Corrine Geller said Tuesday night.

According to CBS News, a soldier from Fort Pickett stole the armoured vehicle (which does not carry a weapon) earlier Tuesday night.

READ MORE: Tank versus truck: Man dead after armoured vehicle used to stop alleged armed driver

State Police said they were notified of the incident at 7:55 p.m., which is when they started their pursuit.

The vehicle has a maximum speed of 40 miles per hour (about 64 kilometres per hour). Police said there were no crashes or accidents during the chase.

By 9:40 p.m., the alleged tank thief had surrendered. Police didn’t offer a motive for the crime, and said charges are pending.

'Murica!

21 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Symbolizing the run away military industrial complex of the United States. 

Can you blame this dude for trying? The US Army can't account for literally trillions, would they really miss a tank? I assume that was the thought process. B)

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

They're calling an APC a tank?  No weapons?  Tank? :huh:

53 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

For a military culture they aren't well informed. But I bet if you showed a picture of a handgun, they can tell what model of glock it is. 

I bet @SabreFan1 knows what a tank looks like....

....a tank got them Jack Eichel and Rasmus Dahlin....B)

7 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

They're calling an APC a tank?  No weapons?  Tank? :huh:

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

For a military culture they aren't well informed. But I bet if you showed a picture of a handgun, they can tell what model of glock it is. 

You both realize the article that was posted is a Canadian article, right?  The worst US articles I saw called it "tank-like" or put single quotes around tank to denote that there were most likely regular idiots on the street calling it a tank.  Virginia has a curious mix of smart and very dumb people.  I imagine the dumb ones are ones that have moved out of the mountains into the cities in the last generation or two and haven't yet had enough time to breed out most of the bad in-breeding genes.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

You both realize the article that was posted is a Canadian article, right?  The worst US articles I saw called it "tank-like" or put single quotes around tank to denote that there were most likely regular idiots on the street calling it a tank.  Virginia has a curious mix of smart and very dumb people.  I imagine the dumb ones are ones that have moved out of the mountains into the cities in the last generation or two and haven't yet had enough time to breed out most of the bad in-breeding genes.

But on the plus side, it had to be good for the Virginia Banjo industry, right?

Archived