The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

17 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yup, Luke is already 6 foot and seems to be still growing, he skates just well as his brothers (and as you note, some people even say he’s the best skater of the three), plays a very similar game to Quinn, and he’s currently leading all USNTDP U17 defencemen in scoring/scoring rate with 10 points (5G 5A) in his first 11 games (USDP+USHL) of 2019-20.

Luke is only 16.  He could fill out to 6'2" 200 pounds by the time he is 22.

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That’s that crazy thing. He could end up being a Quinn Hughes quality elite talent, but scaled up to NHL Dman average size. 

He could be bigger than Dahlin with the talent of Quinn with better skating.  You are looking at a future Norris Trophy winner.  He could be the #1 overall pick in 2021.

Tyler Madden always looks good...really hustles out there. I just hope fills out...as much as I like this style of play and him, I don’t think he could play like that in the Nhl at his size. He would just be bouncing off everything and everyone not getting much done...a fly bouncing off elephants...he needs at lest be 185lb imo...too really be a player.

...but I’m sure he can thicken up..he’s still a young pup growing upwards and not outwards yet.

as far as Luke Hughes...I would love to get him, but that’s mission impossible, team tank is dead. Unless Jimbo can magically think in the future and trade this year for a (what 2022?) #1 draft pick from a falling team that will be a loser in 2022.

Which Team would be falling that bad in 2022?  Too steal their pick high 1st in 2022. Shark? Pens? Leafs? Caps?

5 hours ago, Snapshot85 said:

Yes... and thi kid has 4goals and 5 assist in 9 games with usdp so far this year

Yeah, he’s killing it to start the season in the USDP. Including USHL outings, he’s scored 7 goals through his first 12 games.

Luke has been playing first pairing LHD for the US U17s. Interestingly, their first line center has been 15-year-old Jack Hughes (no relation).

I don’t want to make this the Luke Hughes thread, but open spoiler for some recent highlights from Luke:

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, he’s killing it to start the season in the USDP. Including USHL outings, he’s scored 7 goals through his first 12 games.

Luke has been playing first pairing LHD for the US U17s. Interestingly, their first line center has been 15-year-old Jack Hughes (no relation).

I don’t want to make this the Luke Hughes thread, but open spoiler for some recent highlights from Luke:

Reveal hidden contents

I hope we look seriously at drafting/acquiring Red Savage. What a name!

3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I hope we look seriously at drafting/acquiring Red Savage. What a name!

Definitely an early candidate for the draft’s all-name team. Sounds like a video game character with a brutal finishing move.

I like that he’s a forward too.

(F)Red Savage :P

Although (D)Red Savage is pretty badass.

Chaz Lucius (just above Savage) is pretty good too.

EDIT: sorry Ty Madden, I’m gonna stop with the OT stuff in your thread 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...