The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

42 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I can't help but think Chicago made a mistake passing on Byram.

Stevie Y must have hit some of that legal BC bud. I like Seider but that reach was too far given what was available. 

Seider is intriguing for sure but if JB took him at 10 we’d have the usual deluge of “asset management” articles asking why he didn’t trade down if Seider was the target.

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, aGENT said:

Yeah this isn't my 'what I think will happen' list. It's my ranking of 'what I think should happen'. Agree he (foolishly) likely drops.

If he's still available at 10 and none of Turcotte/Zegras/Krebs are...I will be PISSED if we pass on him. Pod/Pettersson/Boeser starting in two years would be a RIDICULOUS line.

Not that Dach etc would be a huge 'downgrade' but his ceiling's higher IMO.

Agent is a happy camper this morning ::D

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

I like Kaliyev and Brink with our 2nd, but if there's a good dman that JB likes with some high upside, I'll be happy. Keep swinging for the fences.

No doubt. If we somehow nab either one of Kaliyev or Brink (or that “good dman” you mentioned), to add to a huge steal IMO in Podkolzin, this draft will already be a big success. The remaining 7 picks will just be the gravy on top.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

No doubt. If we somehow nab either one of Kaliyev or Brink (or that “good dman” you mentioned), to add to a huge steal IMO in Podkolzin, this draft will already be a big success. The remaining 7 picks will just be the gravy on top.

Agreed. Was bit surprised to hear Smyl call Pod’s name, but was super excited. Didn’t think we’d actually select him. He’ll be well worth the wait.