The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

16 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

what does conditional first mean in this trade?

It means Canucks gave up a first rounder next year if we make the playoffs.  If we don’t the first round pick gets pushed back the year after next.   The problem I have it the Canucks already have middle 6 forwards.  Pearson, Spooner, Lievo,  Motte And now Miller.  Too many contracts.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

It means Canucks gave up a first rounder next year if we make the playoffs.  If we don’t the first round pick gets pushed back the year after next.   The problem I have it the Canucks already have middle 6 forwards.  Pearson, Spooner, Lievo,  Motte And now Miller.  Too many contracts.  

Miller is an upgrade over all those guys. 

16 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Miller is a top 6 winger, the other guys you mentioned are all much worse in comparison, Pearson is similar if it's the Pearson the Canucks had at the end of the season

Edited by BO_Scorvat

15 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Spooner won’t be on the team. More trades could still happen brining other guys in and more guys out. I for one would like to see Jim Benning roll the dice on Nikita Gusev! Help Vegas out with some salary. You know weaponize that cap space but do it right this time.

6 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I said this way earlier in this thread, but Hoglander is what we wanted Dahlen to be.

Hoglander completely different tho playing style and production.

hoglanders shl production was very good for draft eligible player