The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning, Goldobin, and a logjam of forwards?

Mike Vanderhoek

omg what a tough read

why all these silly debates over semantics

and searches for key words stated by whomever

it appears every one agrees the roster has been turned over

and we have a large cache of young players who will compete for key positions in the near future

i'm gonna call it all "magical moves"

cuz it was clearly achieved by sleight of hand

since so many missed what was occurring ??

and no , you will not find that term used by anyone associated with the team

so do not bother searching

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

I honestly don't know how people square these circles? Somehow we have amassed a veritable wall of prospects despite only rebuilding for 1.25 years apparently (most of whom were acquired/drafted prior to that 1.25 years amazingly!).

Well that's the inevitable problem when being negative about everything -- eventually you end up in contradiction.

"Canucks refuse to rebuild..."  Old core (but one with 1 year left) gone, despite inheriting 7-8 NTCs.

"Canucks refuse to do tear-down..."  Turned over 87% of roster in 4 years; more than Leafs, Oilers, Flames alleged "rebuilds".
"Those moves put the Canucks back 4-5 years..."  Top-10 in cap space with 3rd best prospect pool in the league.  Go figger.

"Canucks completely changed plans, just started to rebuild, kinda..."  3rd best prospect pool in the league.  In 1 year?  Well that was quick!  Wuh happen?

"Canucks refuse to #properrebuild with lotz of pickz... Benning trading away #allthosepickz..."  One more time: 3rd best prospect pool including the best prospect in the world, despite losing in the lottery every time and never selecting higher than 5th overall.

8 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Well that's the inevitable problem when being negative about everything -- eventually you end up in contradiction.

"Canucks refuse to rebuild..."  Old core (but one with 1 year left) gone, despite inheriting 7-8 NTCs.

"Canucks refuse to do tear-down..."  Turned over 87% of roster in 4 years; more than Leafs, Oilers, Flames alleged "rebuilds".
"Those moves put the Canucks back 4-5 years..."  Top-10 in cap space with 3rd best prospect pool in the league.  Go figger.

"Canucks completely changed plans, just started to rebuild, kinda..."  3rd best prospect pool in the league.  In 1 year?  Well that was quick!  Wuh happen?

"Canucks refuse to #properrebuild with lotz of pickz... Benning trading away #allthosepickz..."  One more time: 3rd best prospect pool including the best prospect in the world, despite losing in the lottery every time and never selecting higher than 5th overall.

thats it!! you win. Best post today

27 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Do you think the Hockey god's have taken over?

You clearly don't work in Toronto or you would be fired...…………..But best post this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact remains, JB inherited a team that got more than 100 points in the first year; second year kept the vets and let the mid twenty 3rd line go...brought in Miller, Vrbata, Prust (old),...yadayadayada...it didn't work, but got the consolation prize of finishing second to last with a top 5 pick, rinse and repeat

then the rebuild started with the emergence of Brock and the retirement of the Sedins.

many on here defending the playing of the vets even though the team finished bottom of league for the last 3 years...SMH

Keep beating a dead horse...even though the page is turned and the future young players will be emerging...creating an exciting young team...as long as the young guys get a real opportunity in two years...this year this team might be hard to watch again...but the following year should be really gud.

19 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

thats it!! you win. Best post today

my thoughts exactly. I know I only recently started posting but I've been reading here for years and this is one of the best post I have read in some time

1 minute ago, Dr.BRR said:

my thoughts exactly. I know I only recently started posting but I've been reading here for years and this is one of the best post I have read in some time

Welcome to CDC hope to hear from you much.

18 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Welcome to CDC hope to hear from you much.

Thanks Cory. hopefully I can contribute relevant info and not get caught up in the back and forth jibber jabber that 'occasionally' goes on :)

I've found the CDC very informative and interesting even if a majority of the content is opinions!

I appreciate the welcome!

7 hours ago, Dr.BRR said:

Thanks Cory. hopefully I can contribute relevant info and not get caught up in the back and forth jibber jabber that 'occasionally' goes on :)

I've found the CDC very informative and interesting even if a majority of the content is opinions!

I appreciate the welcome!

The majority of cdc are a bunch of cants. Please take the a out of the last word in the last sentence and replace it with a u and you get the jist of this place. 

12 hours ago, appleboy said:

Time will prove who is right and wrong. So far those who wanted a full blown tank job from day one were right. The very first year in was the time to capitalize on assets. That team went on to get 101 points and had enough players who could have been moved..  At that time their value was at the highest point.

I believe we went out to Calgary in 4 straight. At that point their value went way down.

The TANKERS have been right all along.  :o  :rolleyes: 

How many of your own quotes from 2012/2013 can you post that support this supposed theory of yours Mr. revisionist history?

Me thinks your tank is full of shaiza.

Time will prove who is right and wrong. So far those who wanted a full blown tank job from day one were right. The very first year in was the time to capitalize on assets. That team went on to get 101 points and had enough players who could have been moved..  At that time their value was at the highest point.

I believe we went out to Calgary in 4 straight. At that point their value went way down.

How many of your own quotes from 2012/2013 can you post that support this supposed theory of yours Mr. revisionist history?

You don’t even remeber that we lost to San Jose so stop regurgitating such  bull$&!#.

You don’t even remeber that we lost to San Jose in 4 so stop regurgitating such absolute crap. Stop listening to 1040 and you might have a freaking clue.

You don’t even remeber that we lost to San Jose in 4 so stop regurgitating such absolute crap. Stop listening to 1040 and you might have a freaking clue. Pull your cranium out of your posterior aboy!

8370FDA6-1572-4317-9B7C-3BEDAF559C4B.gif

2 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

You don’t even remeber that we lost to San Jose in 4 so stop regurgitating such absolute crap. Stop listening to 1040 and you might have a freaking clue. Pull your cranium out of your posterior aboy!

8370FDA6-1572-4317-9B7C-3BEDAF559C4B.gif

You can say that again....

...and it looks like you did!   :)

Archived