The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Unpopular opinion: Ekblad deserved it.

Matt_T83

I honestly think Ekblad deserved what he got. Way too many NHL defencemen get away with all these crosschecks and slashes, even drawing penalties when players retaliate. If a D-man wants to play dirty like that fine, but answer the bell when someone challenges you to a fight. 

I have no respect for players that dish out cross-checks and slashes, but won't fight when challenged. The NHL is turning into a coward's game.

14 minutes ago, Matt_T83 said:

I honestly think Ekblad deserved what he got. Way too many NHL defencemen get away with all these crosschecks and slashes, even drawing penalties when players retaliate. If a D-man wants to play dirty like that fine, but answer the bell when someone challenges you to a fight. 

I have no respect for players that dish out cross-checks and slashes, but won't fight when challenged. The NHL is turning into a coward's game.

Why don't you lace 'em up and go show all those coward's how it's done? I'm sure it'd be enlightening for all. 

15 minutes ago, Matt_T83 said:

Guys who try to fight stars in mean-nothing preseason games are the cowards. 

16 minutes ago, Matt_T83 said:

I honestly think Ekblad deserved what he got.

Anyone you punches an unwilling combatant is a coward. Ekbald cross checked Domi, so Domi should have just cross checked him back. Tit for tat. The referees once again prove themselves to be miserable failures.

Way too many NHL defencemen get away with all these crosschecks and slashes, even drawing penalties when players retaliate. If a D-man wants to play dirty like that fine, but answer the bell when someone challenges you to a fight. 

Tons of players in the NHL cross check each other, and yet, only one gutless worm decided to sucker punch another.

But you respect a POS coward who sucker punched another player. What a champ.

Archived