The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Systemic suppression of black voters.

canuckster19

For the record, I don't agree with a ton of conservative views, I just don't have the patients to deal with the whiney, oppressive left. 

They can get I.Ds, they just don't. You just have to work harder sometimes to get the things you want. If they actually cared, they'd have I.Ds.

52 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

For the record, I don't agree with a ton of conservative views, I just don't have the patients to deal with the whiney, oppressive left. 

They can get I.Ds, they just don't. You just have to work harder sometimes to get the things you want. If they actually cared, they'd have I.Ds.

Here, let me help you with that....

Related image

2 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

don't go pulling up fact or you might hurt some snowflake feelings. This whole article is left wing crap news.

Why do you feel the need to include derogatory comments in your posts.

They weaken your arguments.

As J.J Rousseau noted, insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm not so sure that it's all that clear....my main criterion would be, "Do they pay taxes?

There's an old saying that goes "No taxation without representation".....pretty sure the Yanks fought a war about that one....

For a nation of their age they have fought in a lot of wars.

If you,which I do,include their conflicts with the people who first inhabited the place that is now called The United States of America, they have been involved in a conflict of some sort for most of their existence.

On 9/25/2018 at 1:48 AM, Ilunga said:

Soon they are gonna treat like us cats and dogs and put a computer chip in us.

Wonder who is going to own us ?

That's what they did with Obamacare death panels. If they didn't execute you, they would gas you and then surgically inserted a microchip into your brain to read your thoughts, but to also control your thoughts. How else do explain people paying $13 for avocado toast in restaurants, and the rising trend of losers with their man buns.

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

That's what they did with Obamacare death panels. If they didn't execute you, they would gas you and then surgically inserted a microchip into your brain to read your thoughts, but to also control your thoughts. How else do explain people paying $13 for avocado toast in restaurants, and the rising trend of losers with their man buns.

Mate this post is uncanny the regarding avocado reference.

A couple years ago here in Aus a politician opined that instead of paying for " smashed" avocado on toast young people should be saving for a house.

16 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Sure, you guys can have all your labels you want, god knows the left loves labeling things.

There's nothing wrong with being a moderate conservative in and of itself. It's your posts in this thread that's lead me to believe you're deficient in empathy, not your political leanings. 

23 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

If you define the left as whiney and oppressive, how would you define the right ?

On 23/09/2018 at 9:31 AM, 5Fivehole0 said:

God forbid they ask you provide I.D when voting.

Also, when Trump ran...meaning it was Obamas administration that had to gut it... So what does that have to do with Trumps administration? When has the republican party ever gone on the record to say they want to suppress black voting? Where in the laws does it single out African Americans. This is bull**** news with a bull**** narrative.

Just look at what's happened in Georgia over the years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/11/opinion/sunday/brian-kemp-enemy-of-democracy.html

This article is pretty simple for easy reading. 

20 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Just look at what's happened in Georgia over the years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/11/opinion/sunday/brian-kemp-enemy-of-democracy.html

This article is pretty simple for easy reading. 

Fffftt....haven't you been reading, D? If these people really wanted to exercise their right to vote, they'd "find a way"....dontcha know...

....and it isn't just black voters....the GOP wants to make sure First Nations voters are disqualified as well:\

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45795108

One Senate seat Republicans hope to flip is in North Dakota, where the Democratic incumbent Heidi Heitkamp won by just under 3,000 votes in 2012.

Flipping North Dakota would give Republicans a huge advantage in keeping control of the Senate (given that there are only nine Republican seats in contention this year, Democrats have no margin for error if they want to claim the Senate).

With this in mind, a US Supreme Court ruling on Tuesday could have profound implications.

Justices backed a lower court ruling that required voters in North Dakota to show forms of identification and proof of residential address if they wanted to vote in the mid-terms.

The appeal that came before the court said that up to 70,000 people in the state did not have ID and therefore would not be able to vote (up to 20% of the electorate).

Why does this matter?

Well, in 2012, North Dakota's Native Americans voted heavily in favour of Heitkamp (in Sioux County, for example, 84% of voters backed her over her Republican counterpart).

Because Native Americans often lack a street system, they commonly use PO Box addresses, and so often don't have proof of residential address.

In an interview with the West Fargo Pioneer last week, Heitkamp said the ID requirements "clearly target" Native Americans and college students.

Archived