Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

I vote @Art Vandelay to take over.

1) He knows his stuff

2) He has a crappy team in Puck, so nice for him to have a contender

3) @Master Mind loses another AGM, which is hilarious

I've lost 2 already, leave my architect alone! 

@Nail I think this counts as tampering,  and D-Mo should owe the Jets a 2nd round pick ;)

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I've lost 2 already, leave my architect alone! 

@Nail I think this counts as tampering,  and D-Mo should owe the Jets a 2nd round pick ;)

Actually, maybe I could set my sights a little bit higher. I think I’d really like to be a team planner. Why limit myself to one GM, when I could design a whole team! :lol:

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

I vote @Art Vandelay to take over.

1) He knows his stuff

2) He has a crappy team in Puck, so nice for him to have a contender

3) @Master Mind loses another AGM, which is hilarious

Thanks for the vote of confidence! However, in all seriousness, I’m involved in more than enough fantasy hockey this year. That team is very well built, and I wouldn’t have the time and effort needed to do it justice.

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence! However, in all seriousness, I’m involved in more than enough fantasy hockey this year. That team is very well built, and I wouldn’t have the time and effort needed to do it justice.

"Do it justice" = sit back, and watch it win as-is.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Job Update (for those who care)

Looks like, after 9 interviews, the job is mine. Won’t be starting until mid November (reference check, contract negotiations). But verbal offer given and now it’s just crossing T’s and dotting the lower case J’s.

Welcome to the N(A)SA?  

congrats though :) 

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Monty said:

Looks like, after 9 interviews, the job is mine. Won’t be starting until mid November (reference check, contract negotiations). But verbal offer given and now it’s just crossing T’s and dotting the lower case J’s.

Good for you Monty. Hope the contract portion works well!

The last mob, they were giving you grief. Have you already left them?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Monty said:

beers on you bud ;) . Congratsss!

Edited by maroe
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Good for you Monty. Hope the contract portion works well!

The last mob, they were giving you grief. Have you already left them?

Haven’t left yet. Won’t be giving notice until I’ve actually signed the paperwork.

Things have actually gone really well with my current employer over the last month. So much so that I’m going to have a really difficult time giving my notice. They say that you leave a boss, not an organization. My boss is actually really good. Terrific, actually. And, probably for the first time since I’ve started working, one that legitimately comes across like he’s on my side.

However, this opportunity is perfect for me. Even if things were going swimmingly with my current employer, I’d still leave.

• Like 1