The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

@Nail - just a change to my cap sheet please.

• Assign Zach Senyshyn (no waivers required)
  • Recall Zach Sanford

NEW YORK RANGERS:

Overall we are happy with our team going in to free agency time. We do not anticipate making a splash of any kind however throughout this off-season we would like to accomplish the following:

• Move out a top four defenseman
  • Acquire a back-up goaltender
  • Shore up a depth defenseman
  • Make a cap move or two to allow room for future spend
  • Add defensive & goaltending prospects

We are making our picks in 2020, Matt Niskanen, Mike Matheson, Jake Muzzin & our prospects available for trade talks but really open to anyone or anything.

We only had two draft picks in the 2019 entry draft in Leevi Aaltonen (our 3rd round pick) & Jayden Struble (our 4th round pick). Aaltonen fell IRL and Struble as a riser but we feel both will be in the system for a few years before getting a shot at an NHL roster.

Current roster standing is as follows:

italicized are pending restricted or unrestricted free-agents we're negotiating with

New York Rangers NHL Roster:

Gabriel Landeskog - Mark Scheifele - Mikko Rantanen

Filip Forsberg - Ryan O'Reilly - Phil Kessel

Anthony Beauvillier - Scott Laughton - JT Compher

Jason Dickinson  Calle Jarnkrok - Zach Sanford

extra: Nate Thompson

Jake Muzzin - Charlie McAvoy

Michael Matheson - Matt Niskanen

Matt Grzelcyk - Samuel Girard

extra: Scott Mayfield, Brayden McNabb

Matt Murray

(back-up TBD)

Saskatoon Saskquatches AHL Roster:

Isac Lundestrom - Jack Studnicka - Alexander Volkov

Cameron Hughes - Oskar Steen - Zach Senyshyn

Nikita Soshnikov - Michael Chaput - Riley Barber

Michael McCarron

Brandon Hickey - Luc Snugerrud

New York Rangers - Prospects:

Forwards: Ryan McLeod, Niklas Nordgren, Anderson MacDonald, Riley Sutter, Dmitry Zavgorodny, Leevi Altonen

Defensemen: Jayden Struble

Edited by JimLahey
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Boeserific said:

Hey league, it was a tough decision but I’m stepping down as GM of Florida. This was my favourite league and also my first fantasy hockey league I was in. Big thanks to @Nail for letting me join, I didn’t really know what I was getting into at first but man I had so much fun. 

Atm I’m looking to free up all the distractions right now in my life and make more free time. Thanks to all the GMs I’ve connected with since the very beginning of FL, I had such a good time talking trades and really enjoyed it.

That’s a wrap for Team America and I wish the best of luck and the most of fun to all of you and the GM who inherits this great team!

You will be missed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Boeserific said:

Hey league, it was a tough decision but I’m stepping down as GM of Florida. This was my favourite league and also my first fantasy hockey league I was in. Big thanks to @Nail for letting me join, I didn’t really know what I was getting into at first but man I had so much fun. 

Atm I’m looking to free up all the distractions right now in my life and make more free time. Thanks to all the GMs I’ve connected with since the very beginning of FL, I had such a good time talking trades and really enjoyed it.

That’s a wrap for Team America and I wish the best of luck and the most of fun to all of you and the GM who inherits this great team!

Bro :(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boeserific said:

all the best for you :) 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Boeserific said:

Well that is a shame, but it is understandable. Once you get the itch to come back I am betting Nail will short list you for a team pretty quick. hahaha...and you will be back, this corner of CDC is like Hotel California: you can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To CHI - Michael Frolik

To NYI - CHI 2020 5th Round Pick

@Master Mind

Thanks to @Bombastik der Teutone for quick negotiations.

Love Frolik IRL. Can play up and down the lineup and is a consistent 30-40 point player. Unfortunately, due to the cap now at $81.5M (which is still very high), I was in a bind.

• Upvote 1

Detroit Red Wings Announcement:

Do to sudden circumstances in my personal life, I will be resigning from my post as the GM of the Red Wings. I'm excited for the opportunity that lies ahead, but it means my time constraints and schedule will change and will result in not being able to fulfill the obligations the team needs in order to be successful. Big thanks to @Nail for inviting me several years ago to be the GM of the team. He's very well organized in what he does. Good luck to the league in future seasons!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

8159617E-1E0A-4357-B42D-16AB50F17DD2.png

The New York Islanders Pre-Free Agency Roster

Artemi Panarin - Nazem Kadri - Jakub Voracek 

Andreas Johnsson - Jesperi Kotkaniemi- Patrik Laine

Zach Aston Reese - Lars Eller - Joel Armia

Brendan Lemieux - Radek Faksa - Alex Barre Boulet

Keith Yandle - Matt Dumba 

Ryan Pulock - Dustin Byfuglien 

Alec Martinez - Rasmus Andersson

Radim Simek

Carter Hart

Casey DeSmith

CAP HIT: $79.325

CAP SPACE: $2.175

The bolded players are available. The Islanders are no longer above the cap, so movement is not necessary to ice a full roster; more to shake up the roster a bit.

Now that I am under the cap and have a bit of money to play with, I will be going after a depth forward or defenseman. 

• Upvote 1

We have a pile of money burning a hole in our pocket here in Arizona, so expect us to be major players in free agency this week. With $22.2m in cap space, which could go up by another $5m if/when Jori Lehtera's rumoured departure to the KHL is confirmed, we're hoping to turn things around this year after spending the past two years stocking the system with youth and prospects. Expect us to look for a top-flight center, a top-6 winger who can play on the left side, and a goaltender to split the duties with Craig Anderson.

We'd also consider helping cap-strapped teams by taking some of their money (and a sweetener) if the deal makes sense. 

Current Coyotes Roster:

Spoiler

On 6/14/2019 at 9:47 PM, _arby_18 said:

Lucic - Thomas - Mantha

Vesey - Necas - Ryan

Girgensons - Cave - Virtanen

Aberg - Amadio - Lehtera

Skjei - E. Johnson

Brodin - Sanheim

Hutton - Bortuzzo

Rutta - Kronwall

Anderson

???

BOLD = RFA

Italics = UFA

21 hours ago, Monty said:

Thanks to @Bombastik der Teutone for quick negotiations.

Love Frolik IRL. Can play up and down the lineup and is a consistent 30-40 point player. Unfortunately, due to the cap now at $81.5M (which is still very high), I was in a bind.

Thx to @Monty too. The Hawks are very glad to Welcome Back Michael to our Team. 

He was allready Part of our Organisation a while ago and we liked his solid Efforts for the Team.

Now he will give our Forward Section more Scoring Depth for the Next Season. 

The Hawks will be may back in competition for a Playoff Spot. Roster update will follow during the Week