Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

Arizona Coyotes Draft Recap:

8th: Trevor Zegras (C/LW/RW)

33rd: Egor Afanasyev (LW)

58th: Maxim Cajkovic (LW/RW)

88th: Matias Maccelli (LW)

120th: (pick traded to LAK for Colby Cave and 2020 LAK 5th - LAK took Alexander Campbell)

150th: Roman Bychkov (D)

153rd: Cade Webber (D)

We're very pleased with the results. Zegras at 8 is something that we're thrilled with. We had a pile of late round picks that we used to move up and grab Egor, Maxim and Matias, added a young roster player in Colby and another 2020 5th, while still getting two d-men that we're pretty high on late in the 5th.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

E2B70F6E-817B-49EE-AFA4-6723651A0ECD.png

Carolina Hurricanes Draft Recap:

31st Overall

Patrik Puistola

Patrik is all skill. Phenomenal hands, great playmaking, and a really good (but not great) shot. Average skating, though. But at 18, he has time to work on it.

D3FB8AC8-3D01-418F-A251-292E5F480ACF.jpeg

52nd Overall

Michal Teply

Teply is bad at one thing, skating. But he has an NHL ready shot. Had my eye on him for a few months, so he was always on my radar with a late second. I was waffling between him and one other. But in the end, went with the guy I followed a little closer.

33328733-BF64-42C3-8AA7-CFB52B1473CA.jpeg

71st Overall

Domenick Fensore

I mean, really?

Ok, so I knew this was a reach. But I also knew there were guys who were going to select him in the 4th. And sometimes you just like someone and want them, despite it being a huge risk. Fensore can do everything. Except he’s small. Really, really small for a defenseman. He’s playing for Boston College, though, which is always a positive. Should he get selected IRL, please be selected by a decent team, and not Edmonton or Arizona.

64C554C9-93E4-4829-96A0-4CDFB3442698.jpeg

76th Overall

Mattias Norlinder

This was who I should have selected with my 71st pick, but instead went with Fensore. After realizing my mistake even before I made the section, I subsequently did what I had to to get another pick and pick Norlinder. Quick defenseman with great edge work.

CB8C8B16-5700-4A6F-A211-CBE125465C61.png

126th Overall

Connor Dewar

Drafted by the Wild last year in the 3rd round, now signed to his ELC and will play in the AHL next season. Wasn’t aware of Connor until about a month ago. Didn’t expect him to drop to the 5th. Knew I needed to get a pick to snatch him up.

B647A347-D5D8-4DD6-85C9-0080D92C8768.jpeg

154th Overall

Tyler Tucker

After my gaff and having to reselect, went with my second choice. Also, had briefly thought about using (when I had two seconds before trading up for a first) one of my second round picks on Tucker. Concerned about his sudden spike in production this year. However, also can’t ignore it. He’s only 19 and the Blues appear to be high on him. He’ll play one more year in the OHL, so he’ll have time to prove if last season was an anomaly or not.

27A9254F-C3BA-4736-A287-A79E6C244EA8.jpeg

Overall, really pleased with my draft.

• Upvote 1

Thank you once again to all GMs for getting our draft done in a timely matter, it feels nice to be able to sit back and enjoy the next couple weeks or so before ramping things up again.

All drafted prospects from 2019 have been added to the spreadsheets, and I will add in all their NHL IDs so the Ages become visible once they have a page created on NHL.com.

In the meantime, @Monty and I will continue to get through all of our PMs for re-signings, if you haven't gotten a response back in a while please expect one in the next few days.

Just a reminder of the following important dates that will be occurring over the next couple weeks:

June 13 - Start of 2 week buyout period

June 15 - Last day to trade pending UFA rights

June 22 - Last day to send in re-sign offers

June 22 - Last day to qualify RFAs

June 26 - First day to send in free agent offers

June 27 - End of 2 week buyout period

July 1 - First day of free agent signings

This will serve as the last reminder for all GMs, so make sure you get all your pending free agents signed/qualified! In the meantime, if there are any roster moves you want done on the sheets, or releasing any guys you don't plan on signing, you may let me know in the thread or by PM.

Spoiler

@gmen81 @_arby_18 @JE14 @donut47 @BM24 @Monty @Bombastik der Teutone @maroe@Watermelons @winterhawks @Tony Romo @Dak Prescott @theminister @Blue Jay 22 @Boeserific @Rush17 @Canuck Surfer @Patrick Kane @lethunder @Mr.Miyagi @JimLahey @ActionJax09 @Art Vandelay @Tigs @Jaku @inane @Tylez @Dion Phaneuf @Primal Optimist @Squeak @Master Mind

Side note: As the title states, we're looking for a GM to fill an open vacancy. If you know someone interested, please encourage them to PM me!

• Cheers 4

Now that the NHL season is officially over, now it’s time for the REAL season to begin.

Love me some off-season drama. Come on IRL Leafs/Dubas, how are you going to explain yourselves out of this problem?

Buffalo Sabres Draft Recap...

1st round (15th OVR) - Brett Leason, C
1st round (26th OVR) - Ryan Suzuki, C

1st round (30th OVR) - Philip Tomasino, C

Would have liked to acquire more picks but the focus this draft was to beef up the prospect pool with some high-end talent. Very excited to have been able to able to draft 3 times in the 1st round, leaving with 3 players whom we see as future top 6 forwards. 

• Upvote 1

ANNOUNCEMENT:

It is now time to release the starting goaltenders list for the 2019-20 season. A reminder about the starting goalie list:

Each team is only allowed to have one goaltender on this list in their organization at any time (includes minor league affiliate and/or injured reserve). This list will be updated at the end of every season, before free agency.

The starting goaltender list for the 2019-20 season is:

1. Andrei Vasilevskiy

2. Sergei Bobrovsky

3. Frederik Andersen

4. Martin Jones

5. Marc-Andre Fleury

6. Carey Price

7. Connor Hellebuyck

8. Braden Holtby

9. Devan Dubnyk

10. Pekka Rinne

11. Matt Murray

12. Jacob Markstrom

13. Tuukka Rask

14. Ben Bishop

15. John Gibson

16. Jonathan Quick

17. Henrik Lundqvist

18. Corey Crawford

19. Robin Lehner

20. Philipp Grubauer

21. Jordan Binnington

Spoiler

For those interested:

Additions to this season's list: Jacob Markstrom. Robin Lehner, Philipp Grubauer, Jordan Binnington

Subtractions from last season's list: Cam Talbot, Jake Allen, Corey Schneider, Mike Smith, Semyon Varlamov, Antti Raanta

• Upvote 1

image0.jpg?width=600&height=448

The Winnipeg Jets have agreed to terms with the following pending free agents:

Stefan Noesen - 2 years, $1.15M per year

William Carrier - 2 years, $1.15M per year

Ross Johnston - 1 year, $0.700M

Nikolay Prokhorkin - 1 year, $0.925M

Colton Sissons - 5 years, $3M per year

@Master Mind

@Monty

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, maroe said:

Thank you, thank you guys, it means a lot.

WE FINALLY DID IT. WE FRIGGIN DID IT!!  It was so damn tough last year to lose in the finals. We struggled heavily which forced us to make a few moves, and came back with a bang. We are so proud to be the champions of CDCFL. This is the highlight of our careers and we won't forget this moment. Thank you @Watermelons for being amazing to work with. The team and future we envisioned finally came into fruition and we are so proud to bring the Stanley Cup home to Colorado. It was so close @Squeak and hopefully next year, we can meet in the finals again. See you in Maldives!  

NO FAIR!! That skull has two brains in it!! 

Congrats are in full order to the Colorado Avalanche, truly a mile high today!  Moroe, Watemelons, my hat is off to your organization, it is NO easy feat to even get to the conference finals, let alone the finals and on top of that, in back to back years. o.O

Glad you got it, and PEAK AVS is happening while I am just getting my playoff feet wet...if things go my way, you will be in decline/rebuild mode while my squad is ramping up to finals calibre. hahaha....

20 minutes ago, Nail said:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

For those interested:

Additions to this season's list: Jacob Markstrom. Robin Lehner, Philipp Grubauer, Jordan Binnington

Subtractions from last season's list: Cam Talbot, Jake Allen, Corey Schneider, Mike Smith, Semyon Varlamov, Antti Raanta

Hide contents

For those interested:

I am in favour of what you're doing with this list, but curious what are the distinguishing "cut offs" between 21st and a figurative 22nd place netminder? What makes one a 'limited edition" vs the rest? Presumably it is an easy line in the snow?

27 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I am in favour of what you're doing with this list, but curious what are the distinguishing "cut offs" between 21st and a figurative 22nd place netminder? What makes one a 'limited edition" vs the rest? Presumably it is an easy line in the snow?

Usually it'll be quality of competition behind them and their likelihood of losing their job. I tried to use common sense with the list, and any time I felt it was a 50/50 tie, I ultimately left the goalie off of the list.

The starting goalie list was implemented to ensure teams are unable to load up and have two elite goalies for the stretch run / playoffs and then flip one of them off for assets at the season's end.

I want to keep the list hovering around ~20 goalies every year, to make sure there is still wiggle room for teams to make trades to acquire goalies, or even to have ample opportunities to trade goalies on the list. 

If there is a contending team with a goalie on the list that is having a poor season, unless they have trade clauses, there is many different places the team can trade him to in order to improve their goaltending.

If there is a goalie not on the list but is having a superb season, there's nothing stopping a team from acquiring them, even with a goalie on this list already. However at least they understand that it is very likely that both of their goalies will be on the list the following season, and other teams acquiring the goalies will know that they will be forced to move one.

• Upvote 1