The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

4 hours ago, Tylez said:

Tbay.jpg.26cae5f02817a6cd599991bf8ca1d17a.jpg

I must say I am super happy with how I am/have built this team. When I took it over almost 2 years ago to the date (Feb 27), it was already a good team. But I feel I have really out a stamp on my team. Have made some big trades, lots of little trades. Lots of risk and most importantly a ton of fun! I am beyond happy about my team and how it is shaping up this year and heading in to the future! 

The above is how we will likely head in to playoffs. Yes we are looking at making some other tweaks but if all goes well and players like Ferland, Hayes, Zucarrello, Kreider, Fowler all got moved. This team could be lethal. If they don't get moved then it is what it is. That is why we have gone after players with term rather then rentals. So that we can build in to next season and beyond. 

Not posted here is my minors roster, though that looks really good. Lots of up and coming talent and some should really push for spots next season. Just a recent signing in Karson Kuhlman has gotten a call up (Super Pumped!), and we have offer to a couple more guys we really feel will help the future of this team. 

Apologies for the long post, but this really is a fun league and I am really happy to be a part of it. Thanks @Nail for setting it up! 

It is a nice looking squad, and yeah it is a great fun league and I am very happy to be a part of it too...However, you are in 8th place and I want to be in 8th place so..yeah there is that little hiccup. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To LAK - Max Domi (50% retained for 2019-20 season), Brett Kulak

To ARZ - Pontus Aberg, Michael Amadio, CJ Suess, Gustav Lindstrom, LAK 2020 1st Round Pick

@Master Mind

GLENDALE, AZ - It's never easy to move your best player. It's even tougher when that player is only weeks away from his 24th birthday. But we felt that Max Domi deserved a chance at some playoff hockey this year and for years to come, and that's something that we couldn't provide for him here. The rebuild is slowly but surely continuing here in the desert, but due to some demotions, some injuries and other kids not being ready, we were having a hard time icing a full roster. And with Max carrying our team nearly by himself, he presented our best opportunity to bring in both a quantity and quality of a return as we continue to look far down the road.

Michael Amadio (22) and Pontus Aberg (25) will help fill out our depleted forward ranks at the NHL level and both still provide some upside, while CJ Suess (24) and Gustav Lindstrom (20) will provide depth and chance to grow. Suess is in his first full season at the AHL level and peforming well, and Lindstrom was a recent early 2nd-rounder who has a real chance to turn into something. And of course, the 2020 LAK 1st was an essential part of the return. We know that we're far away from doing any real damage, and we felt that moving Max and resetting our prime ages for a few more years down the road was the thing to do. 

4 hours ago, Nail said:

Waivers:

The Arizona Coyotes have claimed Niklas Kronwall off of waivers from the Los Angeles Kings.

Gotta admit, we're a little surprised to have Kronwall fall to us on the waiver wire as were near the bottom of the list. We're very pleased to bring in such as a solid veteran to help us bring the kids along here. We look forward to bringing him in and having Travis Sanheim, Brady Skjei, Jonas Brodin and Ben Hutton watch and learn from him.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Arizona Coyotes Lines

Ryan - Amadio - Mantha

Aberg - Thomas - Virtanen

Helm - Gibbons - Vesey

Girgensons - Lehtera - Weise

Smith

Kronwall - Sanheim

Skjei - Brodin

Hutton - E. Johnson

Lovejoy - Bortuzzo

Anderson

Reimer

2019 Picks - ARZ 1st, ARZ 2nd, ARZ 3rd, ARZ 4th, ARZ 5th, LAK 5th, WPG 5th

2020 Picks - ARZ 1st, LAK 1st, ARZ 2nd, ARZ 3rd, ARZ 4th, ARZ 5th

Top 5 Prospects - Martin Necas, Adam Boqvist, Dominik Bokk, Mikey Anderson, Gustav Lindstrom

(bold) = acquired in Domi deal or via waivers today

(italicized) = on potential playoff teams and available

Edited by _arby_18
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To NYR - Ryan Callahan (50% retained for 2018-19 season)

To FLA - NYR 2019 5th Round Pick

@Master Mind

Thanks @Boeserific for the deal and welcome Callahan to NYR.

Adds another depth forward to our lineup. This is the last deal we will make for rentals.

We will continue to take offers for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Dougie Hamilton but we will look for a deal to help us in the future.

• Upvote 1

Shouldn't see any movement to this lineup unless we feel the need for a long-term change in RNH & Hamilton.

I will feel much more confident in my roster if Colorado & St. Louis make a playoff push. We have added Callahan & Forsberg for some guaranteed playoff help, Muzzin traded to a probable playoff team, Nate Thompson to Montreal for a hopeful wildcard team and hopefully a healthy Murray brings the Penguins to the playoffs (along with Kessel).

New York Rangers Roster

Gabriel Landeskog - Mark Scheifele - Mikko Rantanen

Filip Forsberg - Ryan O'Reilly - Phil Kessel

Calle Jarnkrok - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - JT Compher

Zach Sanford - Nate Thompson - Ryan Callahan

Saku Maenalanen

Jake Muzzin - Dougie Hamilton

Mike Matheson - Matt Niskanen

Matt Grzelcyk - Charlie McAvoy

Samuel Girard

Matt Murray

Jonathan Bernier

• Upvote 2

Also if you see anyone on my roster that you would like feel free to reach out. I don’t have much to offer, but I also don’t have any untouchables but if you want someone like Quinn Hughes you better be coming with a good package. If I were to trade young pieces I’d want the same in return. 

Reilly Smith is someone who is available or maybe Riley Nash.  Looking for picks. I could move McCann but again might not be worth it to you.