The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2018-19 [PM Nail if interested]

Nail

With the deadline approaching, the Detroit Red Wings have the following available:

Valtteri Filppula: 2nd round pick + Prospect, or multiple draft picks

Joakim Nordstrom: Late Round Pick

Gabriel Bourque: Late Round Pick

Patrik Nemeth: Mid Round Pick

Jordan Eberle: 1st round pick + prospects/draft picks - willing to be creative

Only Crosby, Hall, Roslovic, and Bishop are considered untradeable assets out of Detroit. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

Carolina Hurricanes GM Update

Hello from Kolkata in India! 

Been a whirlwind since arriving last Friday (Saturday here). Not sure how many I’ve told what exactly I do, but I work for a non-profit organization that focuses on running literacy programs for children and adults (separate programs), with India being the primary country. With over 300,000,000 million in India that are completely illiterate, those people in particular have lives that are completely beyond hope, living in complete poverty, without knowing the basic healthcare and the concept of how to save money or care for their families. Many of our programs are also dominated by women, and have heard a number of them tell me how they didn’t feel like they were even humans before learning how to read and write, often feeling less than dogs (which are a real problem here).

Long story short, I know most/all of you are very smart individuals and know that you shouldn’t take what you have for granted. However, as I consider you all friends and family, just a friendly reminder that you hold those closer to you a little tighter tonight or call someone you know that you think needs someone to talk to. We are all very blessed to live where we are.

Wow. Good for you for doing something that makes a positive difference in many peoples lives. I’m sure a job like that can be very frustrating at times but also very rewarding. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Monty said:

Been a whirlwind since arriving last Friday (Saturday here). Not sure how many I’ve told exactly what I do, but I work for a non-profit organization that focuses on running literacy programs for children and adults (separate programs), with India being the primary country. With over 300,000,000 million in India that are completely illiterate, those people in particular have lives that are completely beyond hope, living in complete poverty, without knowing basic healthcare and the concept of how to save money or care for their families. Many of our programs are also dominated by women, and have heard a number of them tell me how they didn’t feel like they were even humans before learning how to read and write, often feeling less than dogs (which are a real problem here).

Long story short, I know most/all of you are very smart individuals and know that you shouldn’t take what you have for granted. However, as I consider you all friends and family, just a friendly reminder that you hold those closer to you a little tighter tonight or call someone you know that you think needs someone to talk to. We are all very blessed to live where we do.

Absolutely incredible, Monty. 

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Been a whirlwind since arriving last Friday (Saturday here). Not sure how many I’ve told exactly what I do, but I work for a non-profit organization that focuses on running literacy programs for children and adults (separate programs), with India being the primary country. With over 300,000,000 million in India that are completely illiterate, those people in particular have lives that are completely beyond hope, living in complete poverty, without knowing basic healthcare and the concept of how to save money or care for their families. Many of our programs are also dominated by women, and have heard a number of them tell me how they didn’t feel like they were even humans before learning how to read and write, often feeling less than dogs (which are a real problem here).

Long story short, I know most/all of you are very smart individuals and know that you shouldn’t take what you have for granted. However, as I consider you all friends and family, just a friendly reminder that you hold those close to you a little tighter tonight or call someone you know that you think needs someone to talk to. We are all very blessed to live where we do.

India is in the top five places I would like to travel through. Maybe 3rd overall. So glad your doing positive things for humans being. 

2 minutes ago, inane said:

STL claims 

Seeing as STL is currently the #1 team on the waiver wire, the 3 hours remaining for Haley being on waivers don't really mean anything now...

Waivers:

The St. Louis Blues have claimed Micheal Haley off of waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs.