The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, 6string said:

Okay. Everything the Canucks do turns to...

Fold and move  the team lol.

would like him to be the savior , but he is not....too many passengers...Granlund, LE, Schaller, JV (at times), I can add a few more...but 4 is too many.

1 minute ago, b3. said:

Maybe I'm being to hard on our defence, but this is how I personally rate them with how they are playing currently.

Top pairing guys:

We have none.

Second pairing guys:

Edler & Tanev - both are solid second pairing guys in this stage of their careers, but they aren't as cool of cats as they used to be.

Third pairing guys:

Stecher - he works his butt off, but there isn't much for offence with him, and he is okay defensively. I always hoped he could be a Ryan Ellis type. I think he is a solid third pairing guy.

Del Zotto - he works hard as well, but makes the most bonehead plays, I see him as a 6-7 defenseman on a good team

Biega - belongs in the AHL that is all

Gudbranson - I honestly think he would have been a camp invite, he doesn't really do anything good.

Hutton - he is probably the most frustrating to watch, he has games where he is a legit 2nd pairing guy, then he goes on spells where you want to dig his grave. It sucks since he is a solid skater, and can think the game.

Pouliot - he doesn't belong in the NHL, decent offensive guy, but can't skate, and can't think the game quick enough.

By the time Juolevi and Hughes are ready, unless they have some signings or trades, this defensive is still going to be god awful. Unless they give Edler, Tanev, and Hutton some Russian gas.

This doesn't make sense at all. Hutton is actually playing better than all the other D. Edler and Tanev's game have slipped after being injured, Del Zotto was waived before and will be waived again because he plain sucks in every aspect of the game. Pouliot is the worst defensemen. Stecher and Gudbranson are mediocre 3rd pairing D and Biega is in the right spot. 

I think its time Benning got rid of everyone except Hutton. Edler and Tanev are injury prone and their game is on decline and the rest are pretty much waiver wire type of players. Start fresh with a new defense and sign a star player in Erik Karlsson in the offseason. Throw him 10 million per year and bring in Quinn Hughes, Joulevi and another player through a trade or two. 

Erik Karlsson-Joulevi

Hughes-UFA/Trade

Hutton-Jet Woo or Brisbois or Tryamkin

At least this D has some offensive talent compared to our D that sucks at both defense and offense. Benning just didn't change a thing for D or Goalie this year, that is why we are getting same results as last year. When the D can't pass, can't shoot, can't defend, how can you win games?

Oh man. It's hard out here for a canuck. 

Does anyone still wonder why Linden left? Weve been rebuilding for 5 years and its unfortunate ownership has only realised it recently. Yeah I'm o glad dejardins is gone but that's like having a vehicle on empty and bringing in your bag of cans to the gas station. There are bright spots but I have very little hope we have the guys in charge to turn this team around. It will likely be a G.M change if Benning doesn't Petterson or Boeser this draft. Too bad we didnt take the best player available and grab Tkachuk.  Oh well. We can always wait to siphon some hope from Hughes.

8 minutes ago, b3. said:

Maybe I'm being to hard on our defence, but this is how I personally rate them with how they are playing currently.

Top pairing guys:

We have none.

Second pairing guys:

Edler & Tanev - both are solid second pairing guys in this stage of their careers, but they aren't as cool of cats as they used to be.

Third pairing guys:

Stecher - he works his butt off, but there isn't much for offence with him, and he is okay defensively. I always hoped he could be a Ryan Ellis type. I think he is a solid third pairing guy.

Del Zotto - he works hard as well, but makes the most bonehead plays, I see him as a 6-7 defenseman on a good team

Biega - belongs in the AHL that is all

Gudbranson - I honestly think he would have been a camp invite, he doesn't really do anything good.

Hutton - he is probably the most frustrating to watch, he has games where he is a legit 2nd pairing guy, then he goes on spells where you want to dig his grave. It sucks since he is a solid skater, and can think the game.

Pouliot - he doesn't belong in the NHL, decent offensive guy, but can't skate, and can't think the game quick enough.

By the time Juolevi and Hughes are ready, unless they have some signings or trades, this defensive is still going to be god awful. Unless they give Edler, Tanev, and Hutton some Russian gas.

Your not being to hard on them just realistic.  It's why there's no point crapping on them like I said in my post just before you. 

This is what we got and are going to have to live with it. I don't think we are dressing any d right now that are going to be any better than they currently are .

Just now, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

Oh man. It's hard out here for a canuck. 

Does anyone still wonder why Linden left? Weve been rebuilding for 5 years and its unfortunate ownership has only realised it recently. Yeah I'm o glad dejardins is gone but that's like having a vehicle on empty and bringing in your bag of cans to the gas station. There are bright spots but I have very little hope we have the guys in charge to turn this team around. It will likely be a G.M change if Benning doesn't Petterson or Boeser this draft. Too bad we didnt take the best player available and grab Tkachuk.  Oh well. We can always wait to siphon some hope from Hughes.

According to the rumors (take them with a grain of salt), this is exactly what Linden wanted. Linden thought this team needed another year or two of tanking. 

3 minutes ago, Pete M said:

would like him to be the savior , but he is not....too many passengers...Granlund, LE, Schaller, JV (at times), I can add a few more...but 4 is too many.

The D and the goaltending is below par too.....

Hang in there though. Tough times don't last - tough people do!

2 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Other than Horvat, which players are leading by example these days? 

Which players are our new unsung heros? 

There must be something good in all of this losing. 

I like the effort Roussell and Beagle bring every night. They both generally look and play like they want to win.

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

According to the rumors (take them with a grain of salt), this is exactly what Linden wanted. Linden thought this team needed another year or two of tanking. 

Well what I meant was, he must have wanted to do thing that Aquaviici didnt agree with a Benning didn't back him. Weve got CAP !? But we spend it at the dollar store and we leave huge tips. 

2 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

That 650 radio station sucks.  

the radio station sucks

the team sucks

the coach sucks

the gm sucks

the DJ really sucks

and the owner leaves a lot to be desired

and the above was meant to be funny - I'm not really on my high horse

But it does suck to lose game in and out - are we really that bad? How the hell did we score goals the beginning of the season. We are basically back to the original roster but it sure doesn't look the same

2 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

If EP was on the leafs, he would probably have 40 points right now. EP is the best player on the Canucks along with Horvat, while Boeser has been in a slump after multiple injuries. EP has shown he is consistent every game but his wingers can't even hit an empty net unfortunately. He should've had 2 assists tonight, if only Boeser was playing like last year.

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Beagle and Sutter's return I feel will help stabilize the team and a healthy run with Tanev and Edler will help too.

Maybe then the other pieces ( youth ) fall into place.

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

The D and the goaltending is below par too.....

Hang in there though. Tough times don't last - tough people do!

Another scary thing too is. If we had a Canuck era Luongo or Schneider right now. We'd probably not be complaining about the defense as much.

Archived