The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nasty Flu Going Around?

Dazzle

5 minutes ago, xereau said:

My sister who just had brain surgery 3 weeks ago has it in the ICU.  Pretty bad, is on a ventilator.

I know there are a lot of people who don’t believe, but I do believe in the power of prayer.  I am prayer for your sister.  I hope you and your family receive the greatest of gifts this Christmas.

9 minutes ago, xereau said:

My sister who just had brain surgery 3 weeks ago has it in the ICU.  Pretty bad, is on a ventilator.

I’ve heard that having a friend/relative who is in the hospital can be almost be hard on themselves as the patient themselves...the feelings of powerlessness & not being able to do anything yourself.  I rarely make serious posts on this board but I hope she fights it off.  Stay strong bud!

7 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Flu Shots :P 

Yes they are not 100% effective, and never will be but atleast you're protected.

People still use condoms, despite them not being 100%. Protect yourself before you wreck yourself.

I got the Flu Shot. It's obviously not the same strain as what was given.

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I'm used to it so my brain has learned to tune it out most of the time. It's likely because I'm hearing impaired, which apparently causes tinnitus almost 100% of the time. When you don't know any thing else in your life, it doesn't seem that bad.

That's really awful.

It's hard to sleep with this high pitched BEEEEEE sound that really hits you when it's at night.

And yeah, your case is a different one. Hope they find some sort of fix for that.

On 12/21/2018 at 6:17 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Had the flu shot

still been sick for 4 friggin weeks....gets better than gets worse

then I go play hockey and get tired

then its back

I hate having the "MAN COLD"!

This is exactly why I never get a flu shot even when I was a kid my mother wouldn't let me have them, and as an adult now I've never gotten one before. I may get sick once a year but that's all and it will last 3-4 days max, fingers crossed wasn't sick at all year! 

I was actually in the hospital 2 days ago because my Aunt was sick and turns out she has some heart issues, but has been released now so all good. But when I went to visit her I had to dress up like a surgeon because they weren't sure what kind of influenza she may have, and even in the past when I've gone to visit family in the hospital and it says to wear a mask at the front door if you haven't had a flu shot blah blah blah I've never used them before and never get sick. 

Anyways point I'm trying to make, the flu shot isn't worth it imo, it just makes your immune system weaker and weaker year after year when you take the flu shots, and if you get a flu that wasn't in the strain of the shot you took, your going to get sick anyways because the immune system can't fight it like it once used to be able too.

Archived