The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

the Rise of Bolsonaro. the ultra-conservative next Brazilian president

aeromotacanucks

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Israel has like 4 friends in the entire world.  Bolsonaro is about as militaristic and hard right as netenyahu.  Of course he's gonna show up.  Don't think past that at all because it means nothing.

The peacekeepers in Hatia are Brazilian?  I wouldn't brag about that with the state Haiti is in.  They can't even keep food safe in Haiti lately 

You really think that with Bolsonaros threats to the mercusor trade bloc that latinos would stick up for you?  3 pages ago you're crowing about a genocide in Paraguay now you're claiming they'll save you.  Colombia also would not lift a hand.  UN intervention maybe, but by then your major cities would already be in enemy hands.  You're literally safe though based on geographical location.  The same way the rest of the western hemisphere is

You showed some military officials this?

Posts made by a person with a fake avatar

at what would have been midnight your time.

And they will be watching for "canuckistani's" passpo

I'm sure you did son, I am every so sure you did

There was no problem during the olympics because of the pacific and atlantic oceans plus the billions spent on security.  Honestly, the beief that somehow someway bad things will happen because people say they will is ridiculous.  It takes a lot just to be able to make it over the ocean, even more to set up for an actual attack.

Calm down son

Portugal fought in Afghanistan, it is/was broken due to a very small economy and very poor management of that economy over decades.  They are now growing again.

Sweden is more than fine, they sold embraer the rights to the Gripen, who then just sold everything to Boeing.  You're right it wasn't cheap, Saab made a fortune off of it.  Boeing bought it for less than the original sale price.  Brazil lost out.  Great argument

Your responses are not only childish but also incredibly poorly thought out.

Why is anyone wasting time with you at this point?

The military area is not part of the deal. Gripen remains Brazilian 

11 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Thats the problem. Your military is the police thats pretending to be a military. This is why it sucks. Simple. 

Sucks so much we arrested 3 former presidents in a row...

Have you ever heard about "operação lava jato"?

Personally I hate the name but I like the style

Just now, aeromotacanucks said:

Sucks so much we arrested 3 former presidents in a row...

Have you ever heard about "operação lava jato"?

Personally I hate the name but I like the style

Military arresting civillians is definition of military sucking at their primary job, which is to provide defense and offense against other militaries. 

Your military sucks. You parading your military's police skills, flower-handing out skills, ditch-digging skills, etc. are only confirming my point that your military sucks at its basic job of BEING A MILITARY!!!

2 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Military arresting civillians is definition of military sucking at their primary job, which is to provide defense and offense against other militaries. 

Your military sucks. You parading your military's police skills, flower-handing out skills, ditch-digging skills, etc. are only confirming my point that your military sucks at its basic job of BEING A MILITARY!!!

Yet you come here doing your "research" 

By the way just for curiosity you come to Brazil via GRU ou go directly to MAO?

3 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

Yet you come here doing your "research" 

By the way just for curiosity you come to Brazil via GRU ou go directly to MAO?

I didn't come to do research. People i know personally, do. Please improve your English so i don't have to repeat myself over easy stuff :)4

PS: Yes, i will go where i want to go and where i am allowed to go. Doesn't change the fact that Brazil's military sucks.

2 hours ago, aeromotacanucks said:

The military of my country is not a genocider 

We do not have the best...

But we do the best...

Peace will not be achieved by nuking each other. It will be done by UNDERSTANDING 

We understand each country has a difference...

This is why nobody hate us...

And yes FOOTBALL...

A God damm good football

You argued that Brazil did commit genocide easily in paraguay but now say that they don't or won't.  The issue is, people like Bolsonaro would happily murder a population to further their own ends.  History is literally filled with people like him that have done just that

1 hour ago, aeromotacanucks said:

Guess what honey. Party is over...

Better pay an air taxi by yourself because the new guy is coming and a lot of things will change...

2000 dollars per hour on a Caravan to the deep jungle on a 3 hour flight...

Better you scientist have a very large pocket

Are you again suggesting that somehow you will be able to pick one person out of millions of travelers without ever knowing their name based on posts on a hockey forum?

5 days until your lack of education ends...

5 days

We've heard this here in North America before.  Tick Tock they said.  What happened?  Well, it takes 18 months to 2 years for a new governments policies to make their way down to the people.  Since that time ended the US stock market has essentially been on a stolen car ride with a meth addict and the only things Trump did do in that time that COULD affect people were almost completely negative while seeing one of the largest open wealth transfers in the last 20 years given out 

5 days...I sincerely hope you do not regret those words, but history has shown that invariably it happens

We can switch to American-Israeli education...

Or Europeans. Germany people love the jungle anyway...

More effective and they don't insult us...

At my home respect our rules. Didn't learn it but never mind. I'm going to Manaus in January...

I would not switch to an American education.  Many cannot find America on a map and teachers in America now pay for their own supplies if they can afford it.

Education in Israel is well and good but again, there are quite a few issues with have a state run religious education system

Who the &^@# invited you and your arrogance????

You come here, eat our food and spit on the plate?

Aham. We definitely need an investigation about these researches 

Much like the US and Canada, visiting academics and students studying abroad bring in hundreds of millions of dollars annually which in turn leads to better education centers.  INvestigate them if you want, but any movement against them will see quite a deal of money lost

Assassinate bolsonaro...

His vice president makes Bolsonaro a monk

BTW you know that under the Brazilian law treat the president results in REVOGATION OF YOR VISA???

I don;t think you understand his statement.

in 1964 the US simply pushed the military in to power in Brazil, it was that easy.  It would not be any different now.  Open assassination does not happen, but if he proves to be the type of person that he has shown himself to be.  Removing him from power might not be the worst idea.

50 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

Really?

Military maybe is not good...

But you know we have an international awarded federal police?

Super cool hein?

Super cool I love those guys. They arrested many politicians in one year than many other policies in decades 

The issue with that argument is that a great federal police is not a military.

You can watch borders.  Airports.  Drive around the streets and shoot small arms.

But if an actual military came calling, how would they fair trying to handle air defense, howitzers and artillery?  

Cancukistani's argument is very simple.  against a real military with real experience the Brazilian military would fold.

10 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

The military area is not part of the deal. Gripen remains Brazilian 

They keep the AMX and Gripen which is fine.  But the money makers, most of the actual income derived from Embraer is now Boeings.  Boeing has a history.  Now that the money is gone, it will go to the subsidiary companies that Embraer already had in the US.  Under Trumps new laws that means that Boeing gets choice tax breaks for moving those jobs home.  It's a good thing the courts blocked that sale for now because when/if it goes through Embraer will be a shadow in Brazil of what it was

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You argued that Brazil did commit genocide easily in paraguay but now say that they don't or won't.  The issue is, people like Bolsonaro would happily murder a population to further their own ends.  History is literally filled with people like him that have done just that

Are you again suggesting that somehow you will be able to pick one person out of millions of travelers without ever knowing their name based on posts on a hockey forum?

We've heard this here in North America before.  Tick Tock they said.  What happened?  Well, it takes 18 months to 2 years for a new governments policies to make their way down to the people.  Since that time ended the US stock market has essentially been on a stolen car ride with a meth addict and the only things Trump did do in that time that COULD affect people were almost completely negative while seeing one of the largest open wealth transfers in the last 20 years given out 

5 days...I sincerely hope you do not regret those words, but history has shown that invariably it happens

I would not switch to an American education.  Many cannot find America on a map and teachers in America now pay for their own supplies if they can afford it.

Education in Israel is well and good but again, there are quite a few issues with have a state run religious education system

Much like the US and Canada, visiting academics and students studying abroad bring in hundreds of millions of dollars annually which in turn leads to better education centers.  INvestigate them if you want, but any movement against them will see quite a deal of money lost

I don;t think you understand his statement.

in 1964 the US simply pushed the military in to power in Brazil, it was that easy.  It would not be any different now.  Open assassination does not happen, but if he proves to be the type of person that he has shown himself to be.  Removing him from power might not be the worst idea.

The issue with that argument is that a great federal police is not a military.

You can watch borders.  Airports.  Drive around the streets and shoot small arms.

But if an actual military came calling, how would they fair trying to handle air defense, howitzers and artillery?  

Cancukistani's argument is very simple.  against a real military with real experience the Brazilian military would fold.

They keep the AMX and Gripen which is fine.  But the money makers, most of the actual income derived from Embraer is now Boeings.  Boeing has a history.  Now that the money is gone, it will go to the subsidiary companies that Embraer already had in the US.  Under Trumps new laws that means that Boeing gets choice tax breaks for moving those jobs home.  It's a good thing the courts blocked that sale for now because when/if it goes through Embraer will be a shadow in Brazil of what it was

AMX was a failure at start and is a failure now. The Tucan is way better.

Nothing will happen. We will not be another MD.. 

53 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

AMX was a failure at start and is a failure now. The Tucan is way better.

Nothing will happen. We will not be another MD.. 

The cry of the ignorant the world over until "it happens"

Trump got rid of Obamacare now we have the ACA!.  Until, oh wait, the ACA was Obamacare?  Crap

He said he'd save our jobs!  Until, oh crap the money we gave them upgraded plants somewhere else and our jobs are gone?

He said he'd protect us little people!  Until, wait what do you mean you are taking my house and land?

You say you will not be another MD.  Yet, as I stated numerous times, the history of the world has literally hundreds of Bolsonaros.  Hell, look at Venezuela.  Chavez died and everyone was saying Wait until Maduro takes office.

Hows that working for them?  trumps people?  The far right in the eastern European countries?  Isn't really working out so well for most people.  History is littered with the Bolsonaros.  Keep thinking and hoping for the best

22 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Trump got rid of Obamacare now we have the ACA!.  Until, oh wait, the ACA was Obamacare?  Crap

He said he'd save our jobs!  Until, oh crap the money we gave them upgraded plants somewhere else and our jobs are gone?

He said he'd protect us little people!  Until, wait what do you mean you are taking my house and land?

You say you will not be another MD.  Yet, as I stated numerous times, the history of the world has literally hundreds of Bolsonaros.  Hell, look at Venezuela.  Chavez died and everyone was saying Wait until Maduro takes office.

Hows that working for them?  trumps people?  The far right in the eastern European countries?  Isn't really working out so well for most people.  History is littered with the Bolsonaros.  Keep thinking and hoping for the best

1) it's a JOIN VENTURE not an acquisition a 3rd company will be created with a factory both in Brazil  (very likely near Sao Paulo as usual) and one in USA

If Ozires Silva (the very own founder of Embraer) said it's a good deal then it's a good deal...

2) embraer remain independent on executive planes and military and we're becoming good at it (executive jets)

3) Venezuela is only this way now because Venezuelans are patient as &^@#. With much less we impeached our last president 

4) we don't care what Trump will do in USA. Not our problem 

5) amazing how much people care about Bolsonaro to the point we think the entire world elected him...

6) we're not scared. As one user said "we live the today"

Bolsonaro will do his job. If he's good we reelect him, if not we don't 

We want a new future. A future where we can cheer for...

Is up to us decide...

27 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Who's we? We have universal health care.

The problem with @aeromotacanucks is he is like many of Trump's most ardent supporters, he refuses to make even the most minor of concessions. Bolsonaro has provided enough proof about his attitudes towards the LGBT community, yet the OP rushes into his defense with an argument about his opposition's policy on sexual reassignment surgeries. This is what we refer to as a red herring, its the same tactic Trump supporters use with their "But Hillary" tap dance. Let me distract you with this nonsense so that you forget about the fact that I have no defense for this behaviour. 

Similarly it took 10 pages for the OP to admit that "maybe" Brazil's military wasn't as great as he was initially selling it. Nationalism makes you blind to reality. Every country has its warts and if you cannot admit that your's does too then you are not someone to be reasoned with. 

20 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

1) it's a JOIN VENTURE not an acquisition a 3rd company will be created with a factory both in Brazil  (very likely near Sao Paulo as usual) and one in USA

If Ozires Silva (the very own founder of Embraer) said it's a good deal then it's a good deal...

2) embraer remain independent on executive planes and military and we're becoming good at it (executive jets)

3) Venezuela is only this way now because Venezuelans are patient as &^@#. With much less we impeached our last president 

4) we don't care what Trump will do in USA. Not our problem 

5) amazing how much people care about Bolsonaro to the point we think the entire world elected him...

6) we're not scared. As one user said "we live the today"

Bolsonaro will do his job. If he's good we reelect him, if not we don't 

We want a new future. A future where we can cheer for...

Is up to us decide...

80% ownership in Boeings hands.  You don't get a say anymore.  Like at all

Venezuela is this way because people thought Maduro would be the saviour, the solution.  Then he took absolute control.  Brazil was under a military style dictatorship for almost 30 years.  Don't pretend that won't happen again because that's the story of South American governments.  Corruption, coups and dictators.

In one comment Trump is your friend and the talking point of your whole argument in another you don't care.  Stay consistent man

People care about Bolsonaro because of the potential damage he will allow to happen to the Amazon.  This is OUR world, but your country might screw up important parts of it to stick it to the lefties

Yes you live for today, how's that worked for your country to date?

Bolsonaro will do what he wants.  That's that.  He's quite emboldened right now and if he decides to assume absolute power you're not stopping him.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Gotcha. 

Thought maybe you decided to go back to work in the US.

When you moving to Airdrie?

July.  Possibly.  Wife just read up on kenney and the push for separatism and says it's like moving to Quebec with more rednecks.  I told her to calm down because 2% of the population doesn't dictate things but....

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

July.  Possibly.  Wife just read up on kenney and the push for separatism and says it's like moving to Quebec with more rednecks.  I told her to calm down because 2% of the population doesn't dictate things but....

Lol

We won't be separating Jt is going to do us a solid and get the pipeline built.

The UCP will be just fine. Hell you guys lived 16 years under the BC liberals they are the worst party in Canada.

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lol

We won't be separating Jt is going to do us a solid and get the pipeline built.

The UCP will be just fine. Hell you guys lived 16 years under the BC liberals they are the worst party in Canada.

I dunno man, of all the parties I've seen Kenney might actually lead the most inept of them.  Problem with Kenney is that he is/was a yes man.  His party is populated by openly terrible people too.  I know Notley stands literally no chance of being re-elected but damn dude...he makes Stelmach look intelligent and decisive

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I dunno man, of all the parties I've seen Kenney might actually lead the most inept of them.  Problem with Kenney is that he is/was a yes man.  His party is populated by openly terrible people too.  I know Notley stands literally no chance of being re-elected but damn dude...he makes Stelmach look intelligent and decisive

I was pulling for Brian Jean myself.

Archived