The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

17 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

It is, and they wouldn’t for something like this

the other thing that makes me less than 100% certain that the wordmark is staying:

D0IxyCvW0AAaqWL.png

I don't remember the last time I saw the orca used in an official way without the wordmark. 

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, tas said:

the other thing that makes me less than 100% certain that the wordmark is staying:

D0IxyCvW0AAaqWL.png

I don't remember the last time I saw the orca used in an official way without the wordmark. 

I see it all the time.

37 minutes ago, tas said:

where?

The arena, merch, promotional material, etc. It’s not as common as the orca with script, but it’s certainly out there. Saying they’re dropping the script because the tacked on orca in the 50th anniversary logo doesn’t have it is about as likely as saying they’re switching back to the stick in rink full time because it’s the focal point of the ‘50’.

53 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

The arena, merch, promotional material, etc. It’s not as common as the orca with script, but it’s certainly out there. Saying they’re dropping the script because the tacked on orca in the 50th anniversary logo doesn’t have it is about as likely as saying they’re switching back to the stick in rink full time because it’s the focal point of the ‘50’.

There's a reason why the original blue Stick in Rink uniform was not included among the choices for the 50th anniversary throwback. The original white SiR uniform was already used for the 40th anniversary.

712a05e3c261eae6.jpg.cf.jpg

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't mind something completely new (but only if it's great),

or else if they merely updated the original stick in rink jerseys. Maybe change the striping, maybe add some black accents (but keep blue and green), double-lined block numbers and lettering? (like they had in the early 2000s) I like the 3rd jersey stick in rink logo. I know it's really basic, but it pays tribute to the team's roots. The jersey design just really needs an update. 

th?id=OIP.we6vHf6IPiWyS-SFWoqqvgHaEK&w=200&h=148&c=7&qlt=90&bgcl=ececec&pid=PersonalBing

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I wouldn't mind something completely new (but only if it's great),

or else if they merely updated the original stick in rink jerseys. Maybe change the striping, maybe add some black accents (but keep blue and green), double-lined block numbers and lettering? (like they had in the early 2000s) I like the 3rd jersey stick in rink logo. I know it's really basic, but it pays tribute to the team's roots. The jersey design just really needs an update. 

th?id=OIP.we6vHf6IPiWyS-SFWoqqvgHaEK&w=200&h=148&c=7&qlt=90&bgcl=ececec&pid=PersonalBing

Not a fan of the updated SiR because the stick resembles a Nike swoosh than an actual hockey stick. However, I like how the white negative space forms the C. The blue and green doesn't need black. It's like adding blue to the black, yellow and red. Totally agree on returning to block Athletic font.

I did this update a while back:

20170329_123918.jpg

• Cheers 2

with the speed of the game now, the flying skate would be a good trademark. even the flying vee jerseys in green and blue, not yellow. i love the stick in the rink, but the flying skate probably the nicest looking one.

On 12/26/2018 at 12:53 PM, Rush17 said:

Interesting. My wife go me a Pettersson jersey from NHL shop for Christmas yesterday. I think it's a fanatics jersey or something. It is slightly different from the official team jersey. Curious if it might reflect something of this new one.

It's similar to this one. The name and number plates are like a silver'ish White and it has the white ring around the collar. I think it looks really slick. 

thumb.jpeg

If this is the change , it hasnt changed at all IMO. Changing Little details make zero difference to me. I do like the collar though. I want to see a total overhaul of the logo now. 

Edited by cuporbust

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

If this is the change , it hasnt changed at all IMO. Changing Little details make zero difference to me. I do like the collar though. I want to see a total overhaul of the logo now. 

Its not the change.

That's the fanatics version of the Jersey.  The team version is the authentic Adidas version.

The Orca is going to be this franchises identity moving forward,  as it should be.  

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

^^

Isn't that dragon's name Rocket? He flies, blows fire, like a rocket. ;)

GS Warriors, Golden Gate Bridge. Boring, but it fits.

I've lived in the lower mainland for a while now, never saw a whale. Must be like bigfoot, hiding. lol

The ocean isn't Vancouver.  

The Canucks have a confused identity. Their logo and mascot is a whale, but they also have another mascot who is a lumberjack. Neither of these things is a Canuck. Weird.

Edited by NUCKER67

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

^^

Isn't that dragon's name Rocket? He flies, blows fire, like a rocket. ;)

GS Warriors, Golden Gate Bridge. Boring, but it fits.

I've lived in the lower mainland for a while now, never saw a whale. Must be like bigfoot, hiding. lol

The ocean isn't Vancouver.  

The Canucks have a confused identity. Their logo and mascot is a whale, but they also have another mascot who is a lumberjack. Neither of these things is a Canuck. Weird.

The Canucks are named after Johnny Canuck, whose lumberjack profession built the City of Vancouver.

5564_vancouver__canucks_-primary-1953.png

Coat_of_arms_of_Vancouver.png

• Haha 3

Just now, Tiger-Hearted said:

The Canucks are named after Johnny Canuck, whose lumberjack profession built the City of Vancouver.

Huh? lol 

Johnny Canuck is a Canadian cartoon hero and superhero that was created as a political cartoon in 1869 and was later re-invented, most notably as a Second World War action hero in 1942. The Vancouver Canucks, a professional ice hockey team in the National Hockey League (NHL), currently use a lumberjack rendition of Johnny Canuck as one of their team logos.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

5564_vancouver__canucks_-primary-1953.png

Coat_of_arms_of_Vancouver.png

Lol. Didnt see many lumberjacks on the construction site . Did i miss the lumberjack crew that built the port man bridge ? did see plenty of steel workers and trades people working hard around town though ( just like every other city on the planet) . Maybe it should be johhny steel or johnny carpenter by that logic . How bout johnny drywall? No maybe we should just stick to the rich native heritage , and coastal culture instead. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Lol. Didnt see many lumberjacks on the construction site . Did i miss the lumberjack crew that built the port man bridge ? did see plenty of steel workers and trades people working hard around town though ( just like every other city on the planet) . Maybe it should be johhny steel or johnny carpenter by that logic . How bout johnny drywall? No maybe we should just stick to the rich native heritage , and coastal culture instead. 

stupid homer simpson GIF

Ah yes, and no riggers constructed the buildings in Edmonton, so Oilers is a stupid name. No pieces of cloth are propping up the landscape of Columbus either so Blue Jackets makes no sense. The Senators and government who work in Ottawa aren't the ones who laid out the sewer system so obviously Senators doesn't mean anything. Since apparently we have to be as obtuse as possible.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey Guys, 

I have a friend who attended the marketing/design meetings for the new Canucks jerseys and he gave me some very interesting information regarding the new jerseys. This guy is extremely reliable but take it however you want. 

1. The "VANCOUVER" is officially gone. 

2. The Orca is still the primary logo and will be larger and moved due to the removal of the "VANCOUVER"

3. There is little to no change to the collar. However, he did mention something regarding the NHL logo on the collar being moved down a bit. (Cant fully rememeber) 

4. The third jersey will be royal blue and will have a brand new logo involving the stick. He stated that the logo is a tweak to the classic stick and rink and is something that we have seen before. My guess is that it will be something like the stick in the 50th anniversary logo. Potential a stick facing vertically compared to the original horizontal stick. He noted that he absolutely hated the logo and the third jerseys. 

5. The primary jerseys will also have new shoulder patches. My guess here is it will be the "50" with the stick in it. 

6. the 4th jerseys as we already know are going to be the classic skate jersey. 

During our conversation, he also stated that the Aqualini's absolutely love the classic stick and rink logo. He stated that designs were suggested by other groups including Adidas which were absolutely beautiful. These designs had a lot more green in the primary and third jerseys and different logo's were presented, however were ultimatley nixed by the Aqualini's.  He said this has been a reoccurring issue with the Aqualini's. He mentioned the new updated stick and rink logo with the curved stick ( current third jersey and shoulder patch) was pushed by the Aqualinis and was the worst selling third jersey in the NHL. Once again, due to there love for the stick and rink logo. He also mentioned that the third jerseys were royal blue because the Aqualinis wanted a blue jersey so there would be more blue in the stands. They want to create an environment similar to other teams around professional sports.

Once again, take this however you want but I am confident that these points will hold true. GO CANUCKS GO!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1