The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All eyes on Nanaimo UPDATE Sheila Malcolmson wins

Violator

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

To be fair you have never criticized any ndp mistakes, you always make excuses. You are such a die hard ndp'er you don't even acknowledge the 4 billion in debt they added in their first budget meanwhile you knock the the BC liberals and cpc for debt.

Oh man. The NDP are the worst when it comes to budget. That's why we got into trouble in the 90's (and why the whole boomer complaints that Warhippy's talking about exists). 

To be fair, I'm happy we aren't a complete train wreck at least. We still have economic growth despite the government. Although I think it's mostly from other conditions such as real estate which is now slowing, ironically in no small part from a NDP bill (perhaps the only bill I've actually agreed with though).

16 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Oh man. The NDP are the worst when it comes to budget. That's why we got into trouble in the 90's (and why the whole boomer complaints that Warhippy's talking about exists). 

To be fair, I'm happy we aren't a complete train wreck at least. We still have economic growth despite the government. Although I think it's mostly from other conditions such as real estate which is now slowing, ironically in no small part from a NDP bill (perhaps the only bill I've actually agreed with though).

The budget was balanced when the NDP left, and was proved by an independent auditor. CC, more than doubled the debt in BC since she took over Gordon Campbells chair. But, yeah he we go again with the fastcats, right?

Just now, johngould21 said:

The budgets was balanced when the NDP left, and was proved by an independent auditor. CC, more than doubled the debt in BC since she took over Gordon Campbells chair. But, yeah he we go again with the fastcats, right?

I have to wonder eventually, with all of this debt going around the world, will there be a point where everyone owes everyone else? What then? lol

Anyway, anyone from the NDP who tells me the Liberals are poor with budgets would have to be some the most hypocritical people on this planet.

9 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Read carefully......Liberals and CPC, 150 years and counting!

the CPC hasn't been around for 150 years though. Remember the 90's? Remember Preston Manning of the Refoooooooorm PARTY!? Along with the Progressive Conservative Party (which arguably is like the Conservative Party today but still a different entity), those 2 joined forces in 2003 to make the the current Conservative Party. That being said, there was the Conservatives before that but they've had their breaks.

So it's more like CPC.... 16 years and counting....

4 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

The budgets was balanced when the NDP left, and was proved by an independent auditor. CC, more than doubled the debt in BC since she took over Gordon Campbells chair. But, yeah he we go again with the fastcats, right?

But  you won't hear a right winger talk about the Convention Center cost overruns or the money dumped into BC Place for a somewhat/partially retracting roof.

Or the selling off of BC Rail, a crown corp that made money.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

I have to wonder eventually, with all of this debt going around the world, will there be a point where everyone owes everyone else? What then? lol

Anyway, anyone from the NDP who tells me the Liberals are poor with budgets would have to be some the most hypocritical people on this planet.

Now you've lost me

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

the CPC hasn't been around for 150 years though. Remember the 90's? Remember Preston Manning of the Refoooooooorm PARTY!? Along with the Progressive Conservative Party (which arguably is like the Conservative Party today but still a different entity), those 2 joined forces in 2003 to make the the current Conservative Party. That being said, there was the Conservatives before that but they've had their breaks.

So it's more like CPC.... 16 years and counting....

I've always called the CPC the Conservative Party, splitting hairs I guess.

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

But  you won't hear a right winger talk about the Convention Center cost overruns or the money dumped into BC Place for a somewhat/partially retracting roof.

Hey. I'm not 100% Liberal. I didn't agree with that either to be fair.

I just wish we actually had a legitimate 3rd party that can be in the middle of the 2. Until then, I think the Liberals are the lesser of the 2 evils. My opinion of course.

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Or all the money wasted on those Three party projects, Port Mann bridge, Pitt River bridge, plundering ICBC and BC Hydro...

3 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Or all the money wasted on those Three party projects, Port Mann bridge, Pitt River bridge, plundering ICBC and BC Hydro...

not a peep about the way Gordon and his party violated collective agreements, costing hundreds of millions when the Supreme Court smacked the Liberals on their ass.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Hey. I'm not 100% Liberal. I didn't agree with that either to be fair.

I just wish we actually had a legitimate 3rd party that can be in the middle of the 2. Until then, I think the Liberals are the lesser of the 2 evils. My opinion of course.

But, large scandals don't concern you? Anything the NDP has done pales in comparison to what the Liberals, or Socreds have ever done.

8 minutes ago, gurn said:

Is this something that only goalies and Dmen talk about or are the other two forwards allowed to talk about those things too?     

Just now, johngould21 said:

But, large scandals don't concern you? Anything the NDP has done pales in comparison to what the Liberals, or Socreds have ever done.

Not really when it's only a matter of time before the NDP do similar. That's the way the pattern seems to work. One party gets in and everything is fine for a couple of years, then they get cocky or nervous about something and then resort to crap that comes back at them later on.

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Is this something that only goalies and Dmen talk about or are the other two forwards allowed to talk about those things too?     

I actually like listening to the guy in the center, usually more balanced.

Archived