The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jonathan Dahlen to Sharks for Linus Karlsson

10 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Posters who tried to temper expectations re Dahlin almost got attacked by fan boys on here a couple of years ago. 

He was playing in 2nd tier on Sweden. Ppl thought he'd come over and be an instant star in the NHL. 

Unrealistic expectations. 

Yeah, unrealistic expectations for sure for Dahlen. But when we got him for Burrows, he was expected to eventually be in the line up for the Canucks. 

Maybe we overhyped him as a prospect? He didn't work out here in the organization, but he didn't work out with the Sharks either. 

21 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I have linked two interviews in this thread. None has any yelling/screaming/hairdrying in it. But his lust for hockey is killed and he didn't want to go to practice due to enease. And talk about a couch culture not suitable for some of the young players, not just him. 

Something is wrong but what? 

Communication in one way or another is bad. If it isn't screaming it's something else...  I gladly listen to some of the coaches in Utica when they explain how they work. 

So there's no evidence of your claims? That's what you're saying here? Link anything to prove your b*******.  This whole thread is you fighting everyone.

He was asked to play responsible in his own end from what I gathered and he couldn't take constructive criticism and use it to improve his overall game.

It really doesn't matter what I or anyone else says cause like dahlen being unable to take constructive criticism you are unable to see anything for what it is and continue to speed absolute crap about yelling and screaming etc... Then when confronted and asked for sources you back peddle.

Get a clue bro. Do us all a favour and go on some s*** Timra fan site....if there even is one. This site is for real hockey fans not butt hurt trolls.

Edited by KanNuck
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, KanNuck said:

So there's no evidence of your claims? That's what you're saying here? Link anything to prove your b*******.  This whole thread is you fighting everyone.

He was asked to play responsible in his own end from what I gathered and he couldn't take constructive criticism and use it to improve his overall game.

It really doesn't matter what I or anyone else says cause like dahlen being unable to take constructive criticism you are unable to see anything for what it is and continue to speed absolute crap about yelling and screaming etc... Then when confronted and asked for sources you back peddle.

Get a clue bro. Do us all a favour and go on some s*** Timra fan site....if there even is one. This site is for real hockey fans not butt hurt trolls.

Something is wrong in Utica... But if Benning and Green want it that way it's nothing to do. Only hoping they don't draft players that don't fit their idea of hockey. 

If you don't remember why I ever bothered with this whole Dahlen issue is that I think Benning did a pretty bad interview. An interview not worthy coming from a GM. 

• Haha 2
  • Wat 3

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Something is wrong in Utica... But if Benning and Green want it that way it's nothing to do. Only hoping they don't draft players that don't fit their idea of hockey. 

If you don't remember why I ever bothered with this whole Dahlen issue is that I think Benning did a pretty bad interview. An interview not worthy coming from a GM. 

Nothing is wrong with Utica because a marginal player couldn't make the jump. 

If there is something wrong in Utica then there is something seriously wrong in SJ as he REGRESSED there.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Dahlen is on his 3rd NHL team, he's been deemed expendable twice by an NHL club at age 21. A winger (easiest position to find, not a centre or dman)  who is soft.. loses puck battles on the regular and has a poor defensive game. He is extremely one dimensional (and albeit, good in the offensive zone) his game overall needs ALOT of work.

As for you claiming the yelling, poor communication etc in your many past posts, well you haven't provided one quote to back it. Not one source provided to support your statements. Nothing.

Dahlen stated he was scared to go offensive because of making mistakes and losing ice time, riding the pine for a period afterwards. That is communication he was being asked to play in his own end and not float around. He was being held accountable made to sit to take in the game and slow things down. He seems to be entitled based on the fact Petey and him had chemistry in a much lesser 2nd tier league. He has the tool kit but a bad attitude obviously...being passed on twice now at his age, there's likely an issue there. 

Benning isn't the greatest GM. That being said he is great at finding and the development of young players. We have a better prospect pool than ever and one of the best league wide. Not one other prospect has been an issue. Dahlen won't play in San Jose's farm either.

Sorry but he ain't NHL calibre. Face it. Everyone in the NHL is good and dominant in lesser leagues. Offensive talent alone doesn't cut it anymore. The game is so competitive now you gotta play a well rounded two way game in today's NHL and have a compete level or you'll get burned. Not stepping up to the challenge in Utica and now not staying in San Jose's system and booking it back to Timra doesn't scream competitor. This is the NHL it's the best of the best. No room for offense only,  soft perimeter players like Dahlen.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, KanNuck said:

Dahlen is on his 3rd NHL team, he's been deemed expendable twice by an NHL club at age 21. A winger (easiest position to find, not a centre or dman)  who is soft.. loses puck battles on the regular and has a poor defensive game. He is extremely one dimensional (and albeit, good in the offensive zone) his game overall needs ALOT of work.

And? I have said nothing about that. Can you find one single post where I claim that Dahlen has the quality of an NHL player? 

As for you claiming the yelling, poor communication etc in your many past posts, well you haven't provided one quote to back it. Not one source provided to support your statements. Nothing.

I have provided quotes from 2 different interviews from Dahlen. 

I have not seen Utica respond to either of them. 

So in this case it is Utica that not says a word while it is at least 2 interviews where Dahlen talks about lack of communication, not good for younger prospects etc... 

Dahlen stated he was scared to go offensive because of making mistakes and losing ice time, riding the pine for a period afterwards. That is communication he was being asked to play in his own end and not float around. He was being held accountable made to sit to take in the game and slow things down. He seems to be entitled based on the fact Petey and him had chemistry in a much lesser 2nd tier league. He has the tool kit but a bad attitude obviously...being passed on twice now at his age, there's likely an issue there. 

Don't your coaches talk to the players? 

Only use the pressbox as communication seems odd. 

Benning isn't the greatest GM. That being said he is great at finding and the development of young players. We have a better prospect pool than ever and one of the best league wide. Not one other prospect has been an issue. Dahlen won't play in San Jose's farm either.

Without Inge Hammarström Petey wouldn't be a Canuck... Neither Dahlen for a short stint. 

So who finds the young players/prospects? 

Sorry but he ain't NHL calibre. Face it. Everyone in the NHL is good and dominant in lesser leagues. Offensive talent alone doesn't cut it anymore. The game is so competitive now you gotta play a well rounded two way game in today's NHL and have a compete level or you'll get burned. Not stepping up to the challenge in Utica and now not staying in San Jose's system and booking it back to Timra doesn't scream competitor. This is the NHL it's the best of the best. No room for offense only,  soft perimeter players like Dahlen.

I don't have a problem with that. I think it's great he is in Timrå again. 

On the other hand, it's bad for the Canucks if, primarerly, Europeen players is handled in a bad way due to misunderstanding and lack of communication. And, if not Dahlen or Utica tells more about why Dahlen lost his lust for hockey neither of us knows if it involved screaming coaches or not. My guess is as good as yours. 

• Wat 3

9 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Nothing is wrong with Utica because a marginal player couldn't make the jump. 

If there is something wrong in Utica then there is something seriously wrong in SJ as he REGRESSED there.

If it was Benning saying those things Dahlen said you all would have screamed "SHUT DOWN UTICA UHHH". 

Now it was a prospct not fit for NHL and badmouthed by Benning. So then you leave the isssues with Utica. 

You have posters here claiming that Utica isn't good developing prospects. Then you have Dahlen talking about bad communication and a coaching culture not suitable for some of the young players. 

Put one and one together and, Voila... 

• Wat 2

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

If it was Benning saying those things Dahlen said you all would have screamed "SHUT DOWN UTICA UHHH". 

Now it was a prospct not fit for NHL and badmouthed by Benning. So then you leave the isssues with Utica. 

You have posters here claiming that Utica isn't good developing prospects. Then you have Dahlen talking about bad communication and a coaching culture not suitable for some of the young players. 

Put one and one together and, Voila... 

Funny how you completely ignore the part that he was a failure in San Jose too. 

Ottawa, Vancouver and San Jose give up on him put one and one together and voila... marginal player is marginal. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

And? I have said nothing about that. Can you find one single post where I claim that Dahlen has the quality of an NHL player? 

So in this case it is Utica that not says a word while it is at least 2 interviews where Dahlen talks about lack of communication, not good for younger prospects etc... 

Without Inge Hammarström Petey wouldn't be a Canuck... Neither Dahlen for a short stint. 

On the other hand, it's bad for the Canucks if, primarerly, Europeen players is handled in a bad way due to misunderstanding and lack of communication. And, if not Dahlen or Utica tells more about why Dahlen lost his lust for hockey neither of us knows if it involved screaming coaches or not. My guess is as good as yours. 

Ron Delorme pointed out to Benning to keep an eye on Pettersson when Elias was 14... You can't even get that right. Why should anyone here believe any of your slanted drivel. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/kuzma-ron-delorme-delivered-first-hard-sell-to-get-elias-pettersson-on-canucks-draft-radar/amp

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Ok. First. You have provided two quotes? You were asked to post and provide sources backing your claims of him being yelled at or "hair drying" as you like to call it and haven't been able to do so. There is no such aritcal to back your b*******. Not you writing in a source please do link one ...really any article to provide substance to you claiming the screaming, yelling , "hair drying". I've seen he didn't want to practice and he was worried of being benched however that is not abuse, that is being held accountable and placed on the bench for coughing up scoring chances. 

Secondly Ron Delorme pointed out Dahlen long ago, and there is also a guy named Thomas Gradin who scouts for us in Sweden. Maybe you've heard of him?. 

Dahlen as you claim isn't NHL quality, if that's how you see it why have you've argued everything said to you by everyone? Who knows? My speculation is you're mentally ill.

You say Dahlen isn't NHL calibre and you've never claimed him to be yet in the same F****** post you turn and say and I'm quoting you here " I think it's great he's back in Timra, on the other hand it's bad for the Canucks". Why exactly is it bad for Vancouver if as you say he's not NHL calibre, you do realize you contradict yourself constantly and come across as an uniformed, unintelligent, close minded butt hurt troll who know Jack about pro sports. 

I'm no longer wasting my time on you. An entire thread dedicated to Timrafan so he may argue anything with no actual basis. God close this one boys lol. 

Edit...... Quoting Timrafan

"I think it's great he is in Timrå again. 

On the other hand, it's bad for the Canucks if, primarerly, Europeen players is handled in a bad way due to misunderstanding and lack of communication. And, if not Dahlen or Utica tells more about why Dahlen lost his lust for hockey neither of us knows if it involved screaming coaches or not. My guess is as good as yours. "

Point one.... If you don't know if he was yelled at, screamed at or "hair dried" as you call it then why for 20 pages did you claim this and then turn and say you've provided sources to back your statements? Bull. You have zero credibility there bud completely Turn a 180 on your past statements. The whole reason I have gone back and forth with you was requesting source for the "hair drying" , yelling/screaming claims and here you are 20 pages later admitting your full of ****. 

Point two we are great with European players and have a long history here's just a few to mention and I could list a dozen more easily. Pavel Bure, Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Thomas Gradin, Mattias Ohlund, Christian Erhoff, Alexander Edler, Jyrki Lumme, Jarkko Ruuto, Mikael Samuelson, Sami Salo, Sven Baertschi, Janik Hansen and Markus Naslund. Once again just a few could go all day. 

Edited by KanNuck

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Ron Delorme pointed out to Benning to keep an eye on Pettersson when Elias was 14... You can't even get that right. Why should anyone here believe any of your slanted drivel. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/kuzma-ron-delorme-delivered-first-hard-sell-to-get-elias-pettersson-on-canucks-draft-radar/amp

Try to read that text one more time. Where does it say Ron delivered first get Elias when Petey was 14?

This is mor Benning talking about how good staff he has. 

Where does Benning say anything about Inge? Inge was very much involved in drafting Petey. But since Inge probably is retired now Benning had no interest in lifting Inges name. 

2 hours ago, KanNuck said:

Ok. First. You have provided two quotes? You were asked to post and provide sources backing your claims of him being yelled at or "hair drying" as you like to call it and haven't been able to do so. There is no such aritcal to back your b*******. Not you writing in a source please do link one ...really any article to provide substance to you claiming the screaming, yelling , "hair drying". I've seen he didn't want to practice and he was worried of being benched however that is not abuse, that is being held accountable and placed on the bench for coughing up scoring chances. 

It's your take on the interviews. 

Secondly Ron Delorme pointed out Dahlen long ago, and there is also a guy named Thomas Gradin who scouts for us in Sweden. Maybe you've heard of him?. 

Yes, but Inge had more to do with Timrå for obvious reasons... Tell me why Delorme would look att Timrå when Petey was 14?

Dahlen as you claim isn't NHL quality, if that's how you see it why have you've argued everything said to you by everyone? Who knows? My speculation is you're mentally ill.

More like you don't read and understand what I write... 

You say Dahlen isn't NHL calibre and you've never claimed him to be yet in the same F****** post you turn and say and I'm quoting you here " I think it's great he's back in Timra, on the other hand it's bad for the Canucks". Why exactly is it bad for Vancouver if as you say he's not NHL calibre, you do realize you contradict yourself constantly and come across as an uniformed, unintelligent, close minded butt hurt troll who know Jack about pro sports. 

What's bad for the Canucks you might find out if you read the text one more time. Try understand it this time... 

I'm no longer wasting my time on you. An entire thread dedicated to Timrafan so he may argue anything with no actual basis. God close this one boys lol. 

Edit...... Quoting Timrafan

"I think it's great he is in Timrå again. 

On the other hand, it's bad for the Canucks if, primarerly, Europeen players is handled in a bad way due to misunderstanding and lack of communication. And, if not Dahlen or Utica tells more about why Dahlen lost his lust for hockey neither of us knows if it involved screaming coaches or not. My guess is as good as yours. "

Point one.... If you don't know if he was yelled at, screamed at or "hair dried" as you call it then why for 20 pages did you claim this and then turn and say you've provided sources to back your statements? Bull. You have zero credibility there bud completely Turn a 180 on your past statements. The whole reason I have gone back and forth with you was requesting source for the "hair drying" , yelling/screaming claims and here you are 20 pages later admitting your full of ****. 

Goodness me... If you take out every speculation, opinion etc from this forum it's not much left. 

Why do you single out my views as particulary bad? 

Point two we are great with European players and have a long history here's just a few to mention and I could list a dozen more easily. Pavel Bure, Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Thomas Gradin, Mattias Ohlund, Christian Erhoff, Alexander Edler, Jyrki Lumme, Jarkko Ruuto, Mikael Samuelson, Sami Salo, Sven Baertschi, Janik Hansen and Markus Naslund. Once again just a few could go all day. 

How many of those players had to go through Uticabefore playing for the Canucks? 

5 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Funny how you completely ignore the part that he was a failure in San Jose too. 

Ottawa, Vancouver and San Jose give up on him put one and one together and voila... marginal player is marginal. 

Because those team are of no interest for the Canucks. Utica on the other hand... I've said it multiple times. Stop focus on Loui and Dahlen. Focus on the Canuck brand and the development of Canuckprospects. 

• Wat 1

I'd like to add that it looks like Palmu is returning for camp here and potentially (likely) going to play in Utica. I remember some were suggesting that Palmu left also due to problems in Utica. Looks like it was simply a loan to try to help develop him and now he's back (contractually at least).

So now it appears it's only Dahlen that has a problem with Utica. Unfortunate, but looks like after Benning had met with management there and no one's been fired, they've been given the vote of confidence that they're not the problem here.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Try to read that text one more time. Where does it say Ron delivered first get Elias when Petey was 14?

This is mor Benning talking about how good staff he has. 

Where does Benning say anything about Inge? Inge was very much involved in drafting Petey. But since Inge probably is retired now Benning had no interest in lifting Inges name. 

I watched an interview with Benning where Benning himself said that Delorme had mentioned to look at this kid when Elias was 14. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Because those team are of no interest for the Canucks. Utica on the other hand... I've said it multiple times. Stop focus on Loui and Dahlen. Focus on the Canuck brand and the development of Canuckprospects. 

Laughable at best. So he has issues with 2 other franchises giving up on him but nope it's 100% Utica’s fault even though Utica came in the picture AFTER one team already gave up on him. Good one. 

2 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

SJW culture gone wild

Exactly. It’s turned into one monkey dancing on a soapbox. Because so many are throwing peanuts his way he keeps dancing...

...of course every thread leads back to LE, we’re in cap hell and why isn’t Boeser signed yet?

October 2nd can’t arrive soon enough.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Exactly. It’s turned into one monkey dancing on a soapbox. Because so many are throwing peanuts his way he keeps dancing...

...of course every thread leads back to LE, we’re in cap hell and why isn’t Boeser signed yet?

October 2nd can’t arrive soon enough.

I'm just killing time until the season and seeing how many spins the troll can come up with :lol: