The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

1 hour ago, Tylez said:

The FLA.png.b869b18426c9dd2c2742ab421e5d1ce2.png @Canuck Surfer has signed the following

Marcus Hogberg - 2 years x 1.6M (0.800M AAV)

Jesper Sellgren - 3 years x 3.3M (1.1M AAV)

Johan Sodergran - 2 years x 2.7M (0.900M AAV)

I have to say?  We are super pumped with our off season.  3 very different prospects, aside from their names all sounding Swedish, now as well!

Marcus Hogberg is the most experienced, 24 a 6'5'' G had a strong AHL campaign with Belleville and a cup of tea with Ottawa.  

Jesper Sellgren is a 21 year old PMD, capped a magnificent SHL season, which included 6 pts in 10 play off games, by signing and playing a key role in Charlotte;s AHL Calder Cup championship.  At 170 lbs, he's already played in men's leagues for 3 full years, with great performance levels.  Interesting & highly skilled prospect.

Johan Sodergram is just 19, also has played most of the past 2 years in the SHL starting at 17.  Hard to put up numbers in a mens league at 17, so just arriving bodes well. He is, however, an NHL calibre athlete with size at 6'3'' and 205 lbs, described as a smooth skating and speedster with a powerful shot. Plays either wing. He had fantastic numbers his 16/17 year old season in Swedens Super Elit junior hockey circuit. 

Thanks for the work to agent Tylez, welcome players! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tylez said:

Signing.jpg.81d0627317d8df330b8ca008bb99a4bf.jpg

The OTT.png.a140b71ebf6de2318b1455c58e008361.png @Silver Ghost has signed

Carl Gunnarsson - 1 year x 1.5M

We are thrilled to add another solid defender and leader to our defense corps. Like with Anton Stralman, we see Carl as a key to helping show our young defenders what it means to be a hardworking pro. His winning pedigree and willingness to be a mentor will be extremely valuable as Ottawa builds around its solid young core group.

8 hours ago, Tylez said:

To SJS.png.58b6d7e01db2823bf91853e837754801.png @_arby_18: Ryan O'Rielly, Nicholas Roy

To NSH.png.20237cd50054d1d9e8156c0123ddd802.png @Rush17: Mark Jankowski, Cam Atkinson

First of all, thanks to @Rush17 for his patience as I hummed and hawed over this deal. It was a few days in the works, and though we ended up coming out salary neutral in the deal we ended up opening up a roster spot and we were already tight to the cap, but it's not everyday that you can acquire the reigning Conn Smythe champ. With Ryan O'Reilly and Sean Couturier up the middle going forward, we feel that we now have two cracks at the Selke trophy while also have two nearly point-per-game centers. Thanks to Cam Atkinson and Mark Jankowski for their time in San Jose, and we wish them well in Nashville.

7 hours ago, Tylez said:

The SJS.png.3ff5e73b40c2c0fc68867983556cebdf.png @_arby_18 have signed the following

Brandon Pirri - 2 years x 2M (1M AAV)

Par Lindholm - 2 years x 1.7M (0.850M AAV)

Martin Frk - 1 year x 0.700M

Andrei Chibisov - 1 year x 0.950M

And now with that aforementioned open roster spot from the trade, we were already down a few forwards to fill out our roster. We believe that we found 4 solid options here to bolster our depth and competition to round out our 13-14 forward spots as well as some early call-up options. We fully expect Brandon Pirri to step in and contribute in a bottom-six role right away, and we look forward to seeing what Par LindholmAndrei Chibisov and Martin Frk can do in training camp. 

As for our goalie situation, it now looks like Samuel Montembeault will be in the NHL as a backup next year, so that means that we have three NHL options alongside Devan Dubynk and David Rittich (RFA), the latter of which appears to be the starter in Calgary. We've had a few teams sniff around Rittich and Dubynk, and we remain interested in moving one of them as we feel that the crease has gotten too crowded and we'd like to ensure that starters get their starts. So if you're looking for a goalie, contact San Jose.

• Upvote 1

On 7/1/2019 at 10:31 PM, Tylez said:

1864124207_BreakingNews.jpeg.496434f5ce6359df57deb9580b1f9190.jpeg

The NSH.png.617ba4ce1181252f715a60fea7e3fb68.png @Rush17 has signed: 

Jay Boumeester - 2 years x 5M (2.5M AAV)

Brogan Rafferty - 2 years x 2.5M (1.25M AAV)

Curtis McElhinney - 2 years x 4M (2M AAV)

We feel good about our free agent signings this July. We were able to shore up some much needed depth and add a top 4 caliber Dman in Jay Boumeester. 

To SJS.png.58b6d7e01db2823bf91853e837754801.png @_arby_18: Ryan O'Rielly, Nicholas Roy

To NSH.png.20237cd50054d1d9e8156c0123ddd802.png @Rush17: Mark Jankowski, Cam Atkinson

We really like this trade for us as well. Obviously moving player of O'Reillys caliber isn't a easy decision. We however are really fond of Cam Atkinson's play. We want to be a faster team and I believe Cam helps us in that dimension. We would like to wish ROR all the best in San Jose. 

We are actively looking to upgrade our top 4 on Defence. We are looking to package Adam Larsson + additional assets to get that upgrade. We are also in talks to move some salary and contracts off our main roster. We will continue those discussions into the weekend and will hopefully make a decision then.

Thank you @Tylez / @canucklax for the free agency help and @_arby_18 for making this trade possible!

Edited by Rush17

17 minutes ago, Tylez said:

This trade has unfortunately been voided. Brown never requested a new list as he lists expired on July one

I am shocked here but okay? My apologies to the Washington Capitals, I didn't think I had to get a new list but I guess I do. 

• Cheers 1

image.png.c71136254aecd800ea3de9b70bd742fa.png

FYI to all: The team sheets are now a one stop shop for up to date information. The waiver tracking has been moved to them now right beside the trade Log. Will endeavour to always be up to date with a 24 hour period. ANd now I can have my first post on page one back for my own teams data that I wanna keep, lol.

• Like 1