The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

On 10/29/2019 at 8:25 PM, Kobayashi Maru said:

Just an FYI @Tylez that my EKL tracker on pickup hockey looks like it’s collecting points on Granlund still.

Fixed this. Thanks for pointing this out

Will do updating tomorrow night for everything else. Forgot my laptop at home this work trip and mobile sucks for doing moves on pickup! 

9 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

I did not realise we could offer sheet players yet... can we also sign ufa's yet?

I will match the offer for slater

You are allowed to offer contracts to 2 of your pending Free Agents on your team until Jan.1, after that day you will be able to offer contracts to any of your free agents 

Edited by Tylez

12 hours ago, Snapshot85 said:

I did not realise we could offer sheet players yet... can we also sign ufa's yet?

Any current RFA who has been qualified but not been signed yet is subject to possible offer sheets. Same for UFA's that aren't under contract by any club right now. You can offer any player who doesn't have an EKL contract. 

Clarifying that players who are coming up to being RFA after this season are NOT yet available for offer sheets. Guessing everyone knows this but wanted to make sure its clear.

Still searching for the date unsigned RFA's transition to UFA's but here is this from the EKL CBA: (interesting to note that NTC and NMC's are not available to pending RFA's in their next deal. Neat.

3.8.2 - Restricted Free Agents

Players who are under 27 years old and have spent less than 7 seasons in the NHL will be classified as Restricted Free Agents. These players must also be tendered qualifying offers before July 1st or they will become Unrestricted Free Agents. Restricted Free Agents are not eligible to receive additional No-Trade or No-Movement clauses in their contracts.

This next bit is from the WIKI entry on RFA's.

NHL[edit]

A player who is no longer considered to be entry-level, but does not qualify as an unrestricted free agent, becomes a restricted free agent when his contract expires. A player may only declare himself to be an unrestricted free agent if he is over the age of 27 or has played in the league for a minimum of 7 years.

Qualifying offers[edit]

The current team must extend a "qualifying offer" to a restricted free agent to retain negotiating rights to that player. Qualifying offers are for one year contracts. The minimum salary for the qualifying offer depends on the player's prior year salary.

Players who earned less than $660,000 in the previous season must be offered 110 percent of last season's salary. Players making up to $1 million must be offered 105 percent. Players making over $1 million must be offered 100 percent.

• If the qualifying offer is not made, the player becomes an unrestricted free agent.
  • If the player rejects a qualifying offer, he remains a restricted free agent.
  • If the player does not sign before December 1, he is ineligible to play in the NHL for the remainder of the season.

So I think I was mistaken and the EKL doesn't have a date that unsigned RFA's become UFA's however i will recommend we adopt one in the offseason as mid season rule changes are not good for any league. It might be there and I can't see it but in any regard, if you have any unsigned RFA's you like, reach out and try to get them signed soon, that would be my best advice. Also, if you see any on another team you like, send in those offer sheets hahaha

Cheers all. No rush on this item, likely will add December 1st each season as the date that unsigned RFA's are no longer available to the club in some regard or other that the EXEC team will discuss before the offseason. 

Edited by Primal Optimist

11 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

So back to Nick Bonino?  

When Baer traded him to us, we did not expect him to be leading us in scoring!  :blink:

image.thumb.png.4d980e2c54b9a6df398d5ba6c5b0e974.png

Good for Nick, not great for us.  That said, here comes Pavelski!  

Definitely didn't expect this! Had to move him for cap reasons though. Would feel a lot better if Aho could produce a bit more!

• Cheers 1

Okay So the Commish has filled me in on the Qualified but yet unsigned RFA situation:

Like the NHL if they aren't signed by Dec 1st they can't play at all this year..you can sign em up to July 1st but if not before Dec 1st, then they can't play this year to get you points. 

After July starts any unsigned but Qualified RFA's from right now will become UFA no matter their age.

Again if you like em then you better put a ring on em. I mean sign em. Bum Dum Tum..bum dum tadumm....

1882620153_ColumbusBanenr.thumb.jpg.c7c0276591a935f400d2eada125ccc17.jpg

Having come out of the gate strong, and now faltering as of late, Columbus is looking to shake things up in a big way. 

Filip Forsberg - William Nylander - Yanni Gourde - Will Butcher - James Reimer

The names above are just a few whom are on the block. A couple of these names will require a big price tag. But if you have interest in any feel free to reach out and get some talks started

I will post standings in the Morning and then reset the Waiver Priority List according to our pretty dang cool system for waivers. If you claim a player this year your in the bottom part of the list. Until you claim a guy this season you are in the top part of the list. The first of every month of the season the two parts reset based on reverse standings on PickupHockey as read. (*in the event of a tie i am typing the teams in the order they show up on my pickup that day, ((stompsies no erasies no takebacks. )) Any team can claim any waived player within 24 hours of the waive and voila: fairness in that a team who already claimed a guy won't beat out a team who has yet to do so. ; )

I like calling it "Suicide Kings" as it mimics a gaming loot distribution system of that name..your king until you use your power to claim something and then you "sooey" to the bottom. The hybrid part I think was genius, not my idea, but a great one...tie that back to the standings every month to still aid struggling teams to build talent pools from. dig it. 

Urho Vaakanainen is in play from Nashville. Looking to add a top 6 winger in a package deal.

Urho was drafted 18th OA in 2017 by the Boston Bruins. He was just shy of 0.5 PPG last season in the AHL as a 19 Year Old.

PM ME for inquiries.