The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

5 hours ago, BM24 said:

The influx on random/new accounts is alarming and telling, to me. 

To be fair, if established GMs like yourself are retiring, how else would a league find replacements? There's only so many regulars on CDC, and a lot of them have stepped down this past year.

Some of the new hirings have been home runs, so not sure what's alarming.

In any case, hope you get that drive back one day.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

To be fair, if established GMs like yourself are retiring, how else would a league find replacements? There's only so many regulars on CDC, and a lot of them have stepped down this past year.

I was new to this whole fantasy league experience just last year. I was recruited by a bright league official and now have joined 4 leagues. Definitely agree with MM. Unfortunately not all the new blood will make it through the season. It is a trial and error process, some have what it takes, others dont.

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Baer. said:

CDC fantasy is dying as a whole. Not particular to one league. Many regulars from 2012-2015 I've known have left. Many leagues consistently have quitters every year, so the only way to fill leagues is go on other boards like HF and get new recruits.

While I agree somewhat, I think its a small enough pool with only 31 guys per league..if there are just 6 decent leagues your still only talking about <200 people, so I think the main thing is recruiting from outside fantasy, you're right, I don't usually hang out over at HF but anyone that does by all means please recruit, steer folks my way on cdc and we can get them up and running pretty soon. There are some 60,000 CDC accounts too, which makes the canucks talk folks a prime location, but I have been told not to spam vacancies in any threads over there, just an fyi...reach out to folks you know a bit, and people you love to read the content from...which is what I have done lately and it pays off with great people. You get the idea, if you know someone, as they say in politics, "make the ask". You are far more likely to get a yes if you actually ask the question. ; )

p.s. thank you guys for some words of encouragement. I will be trying to set a pattern of doing updates over morning coffee, first up: waiver logs...

Edited by Primal Optimist

image.png.2de7dbf6714e2a3d29d4e4ad387c62f4.png

@Bombastik der Teutone EDM.png.142a107c44dec25311cb5407f07a4159.png Nicolai Goldobin was claimed by ANA.png.84d880c7c502b60e4f8fa0daf9318c01.png @Kobayashi Maru, and Gustav Forsling cleared Waivers and has been sent down to the minors. @Kobayashi Maru Goldy is looking for a place to fit on your big club please ensure there is room. 

@Papa Sawce DET.png.528cf0e86ebde8dd3c8daa0605b8c057.png Annti Suomela, Sheldon Dries, and Johnathon Ericsson have all cleared huevos and will be sent to the rancheros...might be time 4 breakfast...

There is one player on waivers until 6pm tonight and if your waive or claim was missed somehow, please send me a PM and it will be fixed!

• Upvote 3

Apologies for not getting back to anyone really recently. Some unhappy shart going down for me.

That being said, Winnipeg is not going for it as previously and without really thinking said. We're selling anything over 25.

Only want prospects/picks but open to whatever. 

• Cheers 1

Formatting reminder for TRADE CALLS:

Please send all trade calls to my inbox on CDC. Official league business does not occur outside of CDC forums, so no trade calls in discord please. ; )

When a deal has already been negotiated and is ready to be sent to the league, please decide on one GM to make the trade call and one to agree to the trade call once it is sent in. Please don't add me to a deal negotiation thread, as its confusing to me, thank you. If it looks similar to this then its probably done right:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

TO: Primal Optimist, GM B

Subject Line: EKL Trade Call ARI/SEA

Text of trade call:

To ARI: Lump of Coal and SEA 1st 2023

To SEA: Scorn and Derision for daring to take on the Vancouver Canucks, *Future Considerations

*Future Considerations: SEA 1st 2023 becomes SEA 5th 2024 if Lump Of Coal becomes diamond under the pressure and scores 1 NHL point in 2020-21 season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seattle accepts. 

------------------------

As the above signing is the first I have done AND the pitch in the initial outreach email was so well formatted I wanted to share it here with permission from D-money and the Wild.

If your unsure of how to pitch a contract offer, I really like this format and had not seen it or used it myself in almost 9 years of Fantasy Gaming...here is what it was for those just figuring out the league..there was an introductory preamble and then two players pitches, separated by a few blank lines..this was Austin Watsons:

For Watson, we are offering: 3 years x $1.8 million ($5.4 million total).

(Same term and 20% higher cap hit than RL extension signed yesterday - LINK)

Watson had a tough year last season, with some publicly-known personal issues, and a resulting lengthy suspension. We stuck by him though, feeling he was a character guy, who would get past it, and put it behind him - and this contract is evidence that we still feel that is the case. And although Austin has never cracked 20 points in a season, he has shown flashes of offensive ability (including his fantastic 4-point night yesterday), and has the skill to be a consistent, quality 3rd line player. And with a number of smaller skilled players on the roster and coming up through the system, we really appreciate Watson's toughness and grit, along with his willingness to step up to protect his teammates.

Everyone's will be different, but if you want to follow this format, cool, I am going to use it in other leagues from now on for my clubs too. I will not post any more examples, no worries, but this one was good!

Mostly because I have no oversight on the executive committee at the moment I want to include my reply limited to just austin watson's offer so folks know what to expect more or less in a short detailed reply to a contract offer (my reply was similar format but answering in the negative on the other player's offer which is an ongoing discussion):

I am caught up mostly to date and I do believe I can make this work, thank you to every GM here for being here and I look forward to seeing some folks step up to volunteer for roles on the exec team. 3 Minimum is required to keep it going long term and preferably 5 total executive members to handle the various jobs spread around. If your worried about work load I have a strat for keeping it light, but that strat depends on many hands making light work..gimme a message if you have some aspect you would like to take on. 

Austin Watson appreciates that you believe in him as a bonafide EKL'er. He hopes to meet your expectations and accepts your extension offer. His entourage did protest that he is having something of a breakout year, and he should wait and see if he can command more money, but Mr. Watson notes the success of Mikael Backlund in being patient when he was younger to earn the chance to prove his full value to the club. Austin sees that opportunity with Minnesota and is glad to take it. 

Accepted: 3 years x $1.8 million ($5.4 million total).

lol, no rest for the stupid is an old army phrase(in this case stupid is me)....and so the trades keep rolling ...which is a good thing!. 

Trade.png.d8275b583130413d3973ac6afdcba898.png

To @janisahockeynut NJD.png.14a6827918bc7be68db098f2a3796f26.png: Luke Kunin, Chris Tierney, Eemeli Rasanen, NSH 3rd 2021

To @Rush17 NSH.png.abb6ee619f37305b147ef6f6672f6d98.png : Josh Bailey

Logged today, will update sheets and pickup tomorrow morning and you will see them on your pickuphockey sheets wednesday. ; ) 

been a long run today and I started doing updates and learning curve stuff at 6:30am. as its 6:24pm i am heading out for some air and a drink. hahaha

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/3/2019 at 4:17 PM, Primal Optimist said:

I respect personal decisions and  I hope you will change your mind in the future. Never say never. Best of luck in your other leagues. 

On Random/New Accounts as you call them: 

I believe that there are many great leagues in the Fantasy pages on CDC, I play in four of them. However, with coming up on a decade of involvement  here on CDC one thing does stick out to me: the "GM gene pool".

99% of all the GMs in every league are great people with a wealth of knowledge and experience and yeah even some industry insiders, which is so freaking cool... but in any closed loop, attrition is the biggest issue over time. The fantasy leagues on CDC now have a massive crossover of GM's, like me, who play many leauges and the loss of any one GM now generally affects multiple leagues. I won't say no to a vet GM who may want to join EKL, but they know where to find us and vacancies are listed on the title of our thread.

I will be focusing my efforts on recruiting more GREAT Canucks Dot Com members from outside the Fantasy section and will be filling vacancies with new blood specifically as a means to combat the general losses of people (yes people, not Random Accounts lol) over time from the fantasy section as a whole. That being said, there will be more new people with a steep learning curve ahead of them than old timers from other leagues.

I am averse to making new rules mid season, however my advice is that from this point forward, if you plan to sell a player who was a top 15 draft pick under age 25 OR a player making more than 5 million or really any fancy name hockey asset: post about it in the thread: advertise your wares...and then wait a few days to make sure you capture all the offers that may be coming in for him. Not a rule, but I hope we can all see where this is valuable advice. As one shark of a sharp trading GM pointed out: he didn't like a 2 or 3 day wait on a deal because he gets better returns with fast paced high pressure negotiations: so for new folks that says it all right there..slow and steady...its a keeper league not a giver league.

Thanks for listening. The main point is get used to new GM's. Without them every league in the fantasy forums will eventually die out for lack of fresh blood in the gene pool, and new gm's will need to quickly learn that veteran GM's will do their very best to get the upper hand in a deal, secret fast deals are NOT the friend of NEW gm's so take your time and advertise what your selling so that the market price for the assets will go higher rather than lower, making your owner very happy. 

For the next several days I will be working hard to keep everything up and running while hopefully some of you are deciding to join the executive. 

Cheers everyone,

and again to the GM's who have moved on, or don't have the passion anymore: you will be missed but your departure confirms that bringing in fresh minds is very important, not just for our league but for cdc fantasy league forums in general. 

23 hours ago, Caboose said:

Are there any plans for league intervention into clearly one sided deals involving new GMs? If someone who's been around the block wants to get hosed in a deal that's their own prerogative but it seems like there should be some kind of training wheels in place. 

22 hours ago, Master Mind said:

22 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I was new to this whole fantasy league experience just last year. I was recruited by a bright league official and now have joined 4 leagues. Definitely agree with MM. Unfortunately not all the new blood will make it through the season. It is a trial and error process, some have what it takes, others dont.

Friends,

I'm excited to play CDC fantasy, I play I other leagues.....with friends with paper and pen. 

I have some decent ideas to even out the league from lopsided teams.... and I will share before end of season with executive.

But please.... dont get it twisted!! Just because alot of you have been playing fantasy with each other for a while.... doesnt mean your the only ones who can play... or learn of new.... dont think that because you wouldnt do a trade that it's a poor trade.

To be honest new gms... have new ideas.... there not going to play the same way... this combats stagnation.

So just because you dont  understand why they are doing something doesnt mean they dont understand.

Take it from the real pro sport vets.... just when your at the top and have it figure out... the next generation will come in and turn it upside down and completly change the game.

I'm excited to be here.... but let's not be cynical. 

Some guys will trade high end players....for picks and prospects... it means they plan to play this league for a while.... some tank for picks.... well we all know that happens in every pro sports league... even the nhl "senators" these are not poor tactics... they are real world".

So let the new blood flow! Let's rock CDC.... not be so darn negative.... and be welcoming to new GMs.. 

Happy to be here

Cheers!

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

Teddy Blueger is Avalible. Please inquire

Can offer sheeted players rights be traded? I spoke with Tylez on this before. I was going to offer him a pick for the rights to get him. (after the oversheet) but he said it is not allowed in the CBA. What is the ruling on this?