The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

10 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Pretty against this. When I drafted my original team I specifically asked Tigs about this in a DM and he said there would be no issues if a goalie not on that original list became a starter later on. Seems to just punish good drafting if we add this rule.

Well the starter list will have to be updated as time goes on. The list should be pretty close if not the same as what it was at the EKL draft. But as we go through the years, If someone like Carter Hart for example, becomes an elite starter, he would have to be on the starting list. I don't want to have GM's hoarding goalies and having 2 guys that play 50 games apiece, with what goalies earn for a win, they would run away with the league with those pts alone.

Like I said, it should not affect teams at all. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tylez said:

Trade.png.9b4b1d5f4d681eb37ba6cbb2913d7b19.png

To ANA.png.1c03107622a5ee72c6bfa9bde4c522af.png @Kobayashi Maru: Nolan Patrick, Kiefer Bellows

To TBL.png.55dd5e76a3c0a55fb7313cd8124e1cfb.png @Master Mind: Mikael Granlund (2.000M Ret in 19/20, 1.500M Ret in 20/21, 1.000M Ret in 21/22)

*Backdated for Oct 22

We had some internal discussions with Granlund and even though we signed him to an extension he agreed that it was a better situation to move him to a contender.  There was a lot of interest but we are happy to bring Nolan and Kieffer to add to our new youthful core.

Thanks to @Master Mind for the productive trade discussions.

• Cheers 1

Robert Hagg (24) On The Block

usa-today-8100809.0.jpg

Nashville is looking to mix up the complexion of its blueline. Robert Hagg's name has come up in recent conversations and it's believed he may be on the move shortly.  The Predators third pair has two identical players on it with Hagg and Jordie Benn. The team is looking for a D on a reasonable contract with some term or another pending RFA like Hagg.  If you have a D you would like to offer up for Hagg please let us know. We are exploring our options at the moment. Hagg had 20 points last season in 82 GP.

There is a lot of promise with a player like Hagg - he is on the Flyers and only 24. We are looking for someone who can help us more now. Playoffs remain our focus.

PM @Rush17

Edited by Rush17

15 hours ago, Snapshot85 said:

I dont think I would be sad if you guys dissolved that rule.... doesnt seem very realistic... any GM would get the best 2 goalies that they could squeeze under thier cap.Make things way more Intresting.

There's my unasked for probably unwanted opinion lol

Always want opinions, of course! It is meant to be the best possible ruleset for our league, which needs input from the GM's for sure. 

IMO at this position most of all, netminding, due to the high amount of points that can be earned by a bonafide great starter on a great team it is in the best interest of the league's longevity to limit each team to just one of those guys. Sorry we dropped the ball and didn't get it published before training camps but Tylez is right, it shouldn't affect any GM's club right now at all. If in future you end up with two on the list: just imagine the returns on whichever one you decide to trade out! 

Edited by Primal Optimist

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Robert Hagg (24) On The Block

usa-today-8100809.0.jpg

Nashville is looking to mix up the complexion of its blueline. Robert Hagg's name has come up in recent conversations and it's believed he may be on the move shortly.  The Predators third pair has two identical players on it with Hagg and Jordie Benn. The team is looking for a D on a reasonable contract with some term or another pending RFA like Hagg.  If you have a D you would like to offer up for Hagg please let us know. We are exploring our options at the moment. Hagg had 20 points last season in 82 GP.

There is a lot of promise with a player like Hagg - he is on the Flyers and only 24. We are looking for someone who can help us more now. Playoffs remain our focus.

PM @Rush17

Open to taking a young NHL forward back as well for Hagg. Send me your offers :D

image.png.2de7dbf6714e2a3d29d4e4ad387c62f4.png

@Baer. Dallas has successfully beaten out CBJ to claim Ilya Lyubushkin from @Rush17's Nashville Predators.

@Rush17, Colin Wilson has cleared waivers and will be assigned to the minor league affiliate. 

There appears to be no outstanding waiver issues at this point. Email me if you find something I missed. 

@Tylez

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

Minnesota places Komarov on I/R (LINK - they’re calling it an illness, but he’s missed 2 games now), and recalls Ilya Mikheyev. @Tylez

The Wild also place a claim on Melker Karlsson. @Primal Optimist - if successful, we also place Jimmy Vesey on I/R (LINK).

As per the CBA. I would not deam either of the injuries serious (yet). An illness is tough as it could be as simple as a flu bug. And Vesey only got hurt last night, it could be something simple, will need more of a "diagnosis" to place on IR

With the above being said, please note (this is more for the newer GM's) when placing a player on the Injured Reserve, the player needs to have suffered a "serious injury" 

3.6 - Long-Term Injury Reserve

Any team that wishes to place an injured player on Long-Term Injury Reserve must include a valid source with their post proving that the player in question has suffered a serious injury. Sources include, but are not limited to: NHL, TSN, Sportsnet, etc.. Players on Long-Term Injury Reserve will not count towards a team’s total cap hit.

Sometimes it is better to wait till the player is placed on IR to begin with, or wait till something has been released on a length of time.

Sorry D-money I don't mean to use this an an example, but hope that sheds some light for everyone as it has been something that has been confusing for some

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Tylez said:

Sorry D-money I don't mean to use this an an example, but hope that sheds some light for everyone as it has been something that has been confusing for some

No problem. I wasn't sure about Komarov, before, but now that he's missed 2 games, thought it might be something else. For tonight's games then, the Wild send down Mathieu Joseph to recall Ilya Mikheyev.

For Vesey, having viewed the play I suspect it will be serious, and that there will be more information released by the time the move is necessary. But if he turns out to be OK, then I can send someone down to make room.

There is a possibility that the "illness" thing could be a problem at some point, because this year teams seem to be using "illness" instead of reporting concussion symptoms. For example, Oscar Fantenberg is out, with the injury simply reported as "illness"  (https://www.rotoworld.com/hockey/nhl/injury-report). However, being a Canuck fan, I am well aware that he hasn't played since suffering a concussion during preseason. He was cleared to play for the home opener, but has been out with this mysterious "illness" since, and the Canucks actually have him on I/R: https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks.

14 minutes ago, D-Money said:

No problem. I wasn't sure about Komarov, before, but now that he's missed 2 games, thought it might be something else. For tonight's games then, the Wild send down Mathieu Joseph to recall Ilya Mikheyev.

For Vesey, having viewed the play I suspect it will be serious, and that there will be more information released by the time the move is necessary. But if he turns out to be OK, then I can send someone down to make room.

There is a possibility that the "illness" thing could be a problem at some point, because this year teams seem to be using "illness" instead of reporting concussion symptoms. For example, Oscar Fantenberg is out, with the injury simply reported as "illness"  (https://www.rotoworld.com/hockey/nhl/injury-report). However, being a Canuck fan, I am well aware that he hasn't played since suffering a concussion during preseason. He was cleared to play for the home opener, but has been out with this mysterious "illness" since, and the Canucks actually have him on I/R: https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks.

Sounds good. I'd say give it a day or two for Vesey. And I will keep a look on the "illness" sayings from some teams. Wish they could just say the guy has a concussion....

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Always want opinions, of course! It is meant to be the best possible ruleset for our league, which needs input from the GM's for sure. 

IMO at this position most of all, netminding, due to the high amount of points that can be earned by a bonafide great starter on a great team it is in the best interest of the league's longevity to limit each team to just one of those guys. Sorry we dropped the ball and didn't get it published before training camps but Tylez is right, it shouldn't affect any GM's club right now at all. If in future you end up with two on the list: just imagine the returns on whichever one you decide to trade out! 

Agreed.

Here in Minny, we came in with 2 guys who were back-ups last year, and have earned the starter's role in Grubauer and Korpisalo. Should both maintain their hold on the position (seems almost certain for Grubauer), we realize we will have to move one of them by the end of the season.

...And before anyone else asks - no, we're not trading Grubauer. But we will listen to offers on Joonas Korpisalo.

We have come to a conclusion on our starter list. We will be sure to post this in the CBA as well. As said before, no one is affected or having to trade anyone.

1: John Gibson        
2: Tuukka Rask        
3: Phillip Grubauer        
4:Ben Bishop        
5: Sergei Bobrovsky        
6: Jonathan Quick        
7: Devan Dubnyk        
8: Carey Price        
9: Pekka Rinne        
10: Henrik Lundqvist        
11: Matt Murray        
12: Martin Jones        
13: Andrei Vasilevsky        
14: Frederick Andersen        
15: Jacob Markstrom        
16: Marc - Andre Fleury        
17: Braden Holtby        
18: Connor Hellebuyck        
19: Carter Hutton        
20: Robin Lehner        
21: Jordan Binnington        

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, D-Money said:

Agreed.

Here in Minny, we came in with 2 guys who were back-ups last year, and have earned the starter's role in Grubauer and Korpisalo. Should both maintain their hold on the position (seems almost certain for Grubauer), we realize we will have to move one of them by the end of the season.

...And before anyone else asks - no, we're not trading Grubauer. But we will listen to offers on Joonas Korpisalo.

I believe the list will update very quickly after the vegas awards in the off season to provide the longest possible window for gms who may be affected by changes to make their revisions to the roster before its points season. :)

5 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I got married 3 Days before he won the election. :lol: 

We are doing good.. but hard to remember the time before that hahaha

whoa! At least you were wed in the "good ol' days". ; )

congrats! The beauty of democratic countries is that more or less 1000 to 1200 sleeps after a guy you don't like gets elected: there is another vote. love that. I am partisan here in Canada, and I guess actually for the yankees too, lol....and those Auzzies and their old Alan. Livin next door to Alan....hrm..i am globally partisan it turns out, but I am just happy if people take time to decide and cast a vote. If you voted, I think you won in this election. Thank you! More folks need to actually take a few moments and cast the ballot that I have witnessed people around the world literally dying to have.

For the first time in Canadian history Apathy beat every other candidate for Prime Minister. sigh. the NO BALLOT CAST folks got 36% I think it was...cons got 34 and libs 33 and the rest even less. I am personally using my volunteer time to donate to a think tank for three years on how to engage voters to actually you know..vote. And yes it does lay at the feet of the campaigns, all of them, to energize voters but there is more too. Maybe a tax incentive? 

edit: a REFUNDABLE tax incentive so that everyone can take advantage who files taxes.

Edited by Primal Optimist