The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

tan

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

That's just a SMALL fraction of the **** you have to deal with when you have the "C".  If that bothers him (not saying one way or the other) then perhaps an "A" would be more appropriate.

Or, be the captain and speak honestly and truthfully. 

I mean, he doesn't avoid interviews and it's ok for things to bother him...I'd rather have a captain who says so than a passive yes captain.

• Vintage 2
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Or, be the captain and speak honestly and truthfully. 

I mean, he doesn't avoid interviews and it's ok for things to bother him...I'd rather have a captain who says so than a passive yes captain.

Same. I'd rather have an honest answer to a question than another canned answer from a robot. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

talk is cheap J.T.. I guess you know the difference between words and deads. All that matters is the right mindset to put in the work in off-season to show up at camp in shape. Thats exactly what I expect from you.

The best players in the league are blessed with ATTITUDE. How many Canuck players can say that they've got attitude? At least I would expect from J.T. to have character, which is less than attitude, but a good starting point.

We will see if you show up at camp being in shape or not JT. That's all that matters in the end.

19 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

talk is cheap J.T.. I guess you know the difference between words and deads. All that matters is the right mindset to put in the work in off-season to show up at camp in shape. Thats exactly what I expect from you.

The best players in the league are blessed with ATTITUDE. How many Canuck players can say that they've got attitude? At least I would expect from J.T. to have character, which is less than attitude, but a good starting point.

We will see if you show up at camp being in shape or not JT. That's all that matters in the end.

Thing is, he's a family man and seemingly taking pretty good care of himself. I wouldn't worry too much about JT...he's been doing a good job silencing his critics and proving himself.

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

30 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Same. I'd rather have an honest answer to a question than another canned answer from a robot. 

Hughes or Miller are my choices tbh. It’s Pete’s if he wants it but Hughes/Miller strike me as better options for the captaincy. 

I extended because I believe in the young talent on this team. I didn't want to go to market trying to find something I already have here. With this core and this staff, I think we're going to surprise a lot of people

He believes in this group and that's important. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Pears said:

Hughes or Miller are my choices tbh. It’s Pete’s if he wants it but Hughes/Miller strike me as better options for the captaincy. 

I think Miller is the best choice. Pettersson and Hughes don't need the distraction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think Miller is the best choice. Pettersson and Hughes don't need the distraction.

Also, he's got that tough outer skin that's needed. He doesn't care what people think/say...he cares that his team wins. He's listened to a whole lot of criticism lately and it only seemed to fuel his fire. It didn't rattle him. He's absolutely captain material in every sense of the word.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Sure and I thought Horvat was too passive as Captain.  He should've called out forwards on the team making lazy backcheck attempts or at least one in particular.:ph34r:

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Sure and I thought Horvat was too passive as Captain.  He should've called out forwards on the team making lazy backcheck attempts or at least one in particular.:ph34r:

Oh he got called out...and he responded.

Thing is, he's emotionally invested and yes....takes it too hard at times. But that's better than indifference. People call it "lazy" but it's something different in my view...he gives up on plays as he becomes distracted/disappointed in what's just transpired more so than he doesn't feel like exerting himself. Most of the time, the play's out of his reach by that point anyhow. Sure, the optics aren't good but everyone has moments. His are just glaring for some.

A lazy guy doesn't do some of what he does...they float. He hits hard, is engaged and also has some pretty nice end to end rush goals if you want to offset the one off's where he didn't backcheck, just look a little harder to see this guy isn't "lazy".

Don't be blinded and stuck in "a" moment...I think he's done enough to prove that he's an asset and those moments can be forgiven.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Oh he got called out...and he responded.

Thing is, he's emotionally invested and yes....takes it too hard at times. But that's better than indifference. People call it "lazy" but it's something different in my view...he gives up on plays as he becomes distracted/disappointed in what's just transpired more so than he doesn't feel like exerting himself. Most of the time, the play's out of his reach by that point anyhow. Sure, the optics aren't good but everyone has moments. His are just glaring for some.

Don't be blinded and stuck in "a" moment...I think he's done enough to prove that he's an asset and those moments can be forgiven.

Tocchet won't let him (or anybody else) with indifferent play so that's less an issue today imho.