The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

1 minute ago, 6string said:

I disagree, in that many GMs take the FA bate and fail too - look at 2016 epic fails. Many - many examples of fail over the decade!

But you guys like kingofsurrey try to frame it as JB being the only big fail.

I'm a believer in building through the draft first and then filling the holes via deals from trades to FA's.

We are getting close, you can stand on the sidelines watch...

We aren’t close bud. We do not have the defence that can win a Stanley cup. The timing isn’t going to mesh with our forward group because even if we drafted a Norris d man this year, he is 5-8 years away from his prime. We are aiming for The Wild model of perpetual mediocrity. Get in and get knocked the F out. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

From start of last season to now:

Gudbranson, Hutton, MDZ, Pouliot out

Myers, Benn, Hughes, Fantenberg in

Myers >>> Gudbranson

Hughes >>> MDZ

Benn = Hutton (give or take one way or another, both ideally 3rd pair)

Fantenberg > Pouliot (He can't be worse)

Not sure yet if its a playoff defense, I think that'll comes down to where Quinn Hughes is at, & how well Myers plays. (aswell as injuries). But its better today than at any point the prior 2-3 years, so I'm happy. 

Don't forget about OJ and Woo their coming I hope sooner then later. Maybe this year sometime OJ and next year sometime Woo

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Lol at the people dissing TSN. I am just going to say that they have way WAY less reason to be biased against us than we have to be biased for us. 

So if you asked me who’s views would be closer to the truth between Canuck shills like a John Garrison, iceman64, and Hutton wink or guys like Ferraro and Patterson, I would say the latter group every single time. Lol

Its not necessarily about who's closer in the truth its more about how they talk about us their tone and the amount of attention we get is a joke considering the majority is negative one way or another. I think people are pissed about loosing a local legend like Donny Taylor and Ferraro to TSN and their many eastern bias buddies

36 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Lol at the people dissing TSN. I am just going to say that they have way WAY less reason to be biased against us than we have to be biased for us. 

So if you asked me who’s views would be closer to the truth between Canuck shills like a John Garrison, iceman64, and Hutton wink or guys like Ferraro and Patterson, I would say the latter group every single time. Lol

One more thing, John Garrison exaggerates in favour of Vancouver and has a positive passion for Vancouver Canucks that we need and that reminds me of old Tommy Larscheid. Legend. I don't know how old you are or if you even care but having guys like John and Tommy who care about the game of hockey and Vancouver is priceless.

20 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

One more thing, John Garrison exaggerates in favour of Vancouver and has a positive passion for Vancouver Canucks that we need and that reminds me of old Tommy Larscheid. Legend. I don't know how old you are or if you even care but having guys like John and Tommy who care about the game of hockey and Vancouver is priceless.

Don’t get me wrong. I love John garrison. With us being a goalie graveyard and him being a former goalie, that synergy was great. You couldn’t write that stuff up. Luongo single handily destroyed the graveyard though and fortunately the graveyard has never returned since. It was still highly entertaining though. Haha

13 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Bubble Man's clearly a troll poster guys. Stop feeding him.

There's criticism and then there's the obvious bashing of the team to rile a few feathers. He's the later.

Ok, what is the difference? I think with the exception of defending myself I’ve made some pretty normal posts. I mean, I explained in great detail the problems I have with FA. Saying you don’t like the Tyler Myers signing, explaining why In quite a bit of detail then getting 1 line personal attack responses to get +1’s from everyone who disagrees is more of a troll move than anything I’ve done. I get sucked in to defending myself. I embellish some things to make the 4 people that like me laugh. Relax, if you disagree with me. Tell me why. If you can’t handle me ignore me. I’m just going to respond to the decent people that disagree and are trying to prove I’m a joke respectfully. All people attacking me for upvotes. Get your upvotes at my expense and enjoy. 

Ive posted on HF, Twitter, Reddit and it’s boring because everyone is as negative as I am and I’d just like a place to go where people can explain to me that I might be wrong. I’d love to be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

Ive posted on HF, Twitter, Reddit and it’s boring because everyone is as negative as I am and I’d just like a place to go where people can explain to me that I might be wrong. I’d love to be wrong. 

If you want to be proven wrong you need to listen to people. That's generally the first step.

EDIT: Misread the post and corrected myself.

Edited by The Lock

Just now, The Lock said:

You want your answer? It's this sentence right here that gives it away. You are here to "fight" what you consider to be homers for fun. That's by definition what trolls do.

I'm not even saying this in spite of anything. That's literally what a troll is.

You are a homer, I am a troll. Welcome to the internet 

• Haha 1