The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Gustav Nyquist

36 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Got sum sources for us there, big feller?

Rangers are paying $900K of his $3.1mil salary.  Buyout would cost us $1mil per year over the next two.  It is an option, alright.  Would assume they'll try to move him first.

image.thumb.png.a27590dfdfa42e39f7c7d5c35e3c73d6.png

I mean it's mostly speculation, but just talking with Dhaliwal and Satiar on twitter. If they buyout Spooner we can have 22m salary apparently. Not sure how it works. 

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We aren’t trading Loui.  What team wants him, and his 3 million in salary times three years?  Loui will be off our books when he either agrees to a mutual termination of his contract, or he refuses to report to Utica, and we unilaterally terminate.  

Well...  don't be so sure... how many ppl would say no to free $... we are talking millions here...  did you see Gagner do that???

4 minutes ago, Wanless said:

I think Ottawa might be interested in him with baertschi and the rights to Goldobin and a third round pick.

Baertschi is the real prize, Eriksson helps them to maintain cap floor and then goldobin and the pick are potentially future players

If JB can dump Loui and his 6 million dollar cap hit, without adding a sweetener that is a pick, prospect, or important roster player I will kiss my mother in law on the mouth - no tongue. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If JB can dump Loui and his 6 million dollar cap hit, without adding a sweetener that is a pick, prospect, or important roster player I will kiss my mother in law on the mouth - no tongue. 

No tongue means not being sincere, says your mother in law!!

• Haha 1

If JB does that I will shave all my body hair and wear it as facial hair in public. 

• Haha 1

Gagner is not Loui.  

I also heard the same news on radio about his family having moved to Dallas.... but let's not get too excited yet... I can't think of any players that charitable to just walk away from so much $.... not like he's a future legend or something... 

3 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Let's hope JB will follow up on their interest!! Nyquist is such an underrated 2-way player. If we do get him, our top 6 offensive upgrade is done for the summer:

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Nyquist 

Time to ditch Baertschi, Goldobin, Granlund, Biega, Sutter, Hutton, Tanev 

Eriksson + ? for Lucic and Puljaarvi must happen! Pick up Jordie Benn or Nemeth and of coz Myers...  all done!! Should fit the cap room...

I love the idea of that top 6.

I'd actually like to keep Baertschi, Sutter and Hutton (if his salary is reasonable). Baertschi gives a legit fill in for the top 6 if one of them get hurt and Sutter, when healthy, is a really good shutdown center who takes pressure off Horvat in that role. 

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Nyquist

Baertschi - Sutter - Virtanen

Gaudette - Beagle - Leivo

Edler - Myers 

Hughes - Tanev

Hutton - Stecher

IMO, that's definitely a playoff caliber lineup. Especially when you add guys like Roussel (a regular once back from his own onjury), Granlund, Motte that can step in when injuries hit and not look out of place.

Just not sure I'd make the trade with Edmonton. I know Puljujarvi would be a good young player to gamble on but to me Lucic isn't worth it. Loui will be tradeable to a team like Arizona or someone looking to reach the cap floor after his bonus is paid on July 1st.

17 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

I mean it's mostly speculation, but just talking with Dhaliwal and Satiar on twitter. If they buyout Spooner we can have 22m salary apparently. Not sure how it works. 

Okay, but I don't think there's any real need to buy him out when we can just ship him down to help out Utica, as he was a near-PPG player in the AHL.  Hopefully someone picks him up at his $2.2mil actual salary, likewise Schaller and his $1.9m.  Regardless, we have capspace to absorb them and they're off the books after this season anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Was just thinking -- the Miller acquisition hopefully puts a dagger into any Lucic possibilities.

I hope so but I think Lucic would only be added as a 4th liner at this point. Surely theres no way any GM still sees him as a top 6 player

6 minutes ago, zduck14 said:

I hope so but I think Lucic would only be added as a 4th liner at this point. Surely theres no way any GM still sees him as a top 6 player

I can just imagine -- Lucic plodding along on the 4th line, 10 min/game trying to get someone to fight him to prove he has a purpose, soaking up $6mil in cap for the next four years.  PLEASE NO.

:picard:

• Upvote 1