The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-20 Utica Comets Thread

36 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Yeah...that is prob old goalie...that dummie comet fan thinks he knows more than all the Utica coaches.  What a moron.

Edit: it seems most NORMAL Utica fans love their team. But that waste of air ruins it for everyone and makes us really want to move the team to the Lower Mainland. Not the best idea...but a good one to spite that online schmuck oldgoof lol.

That dummie even has the audacity to type "I harped all summer long on the need for the acquisition of centres." Does that idiot know that no one cares what he thinks? Haha...he seems to think JB gives a Sh&%.

It's over the top, with that clown. Nice appreciation towards the(any NHL team, don't matter) franchise, when you've been brought a squad, where their barn had been empty(no AHL team) for yrs. That HF page poisons the well, for both the Canucks & Comets. Ringleaders over there seem intent on such purpose.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's over the top, with that clown. Nice appreciation towards the(any NHL team, don't matter) franchise, when you've been brought a squad, where their barn had been empty(no AHL team) for yrs. That HF page poisons the well, for both the Canucks & Comets. Ringleaders over there seem intent on such purpose.

to this point I don't even think he watches them play.  He will stone wall you by saying, "I've watched every game so far." and of course a lot of Canuck fans who can't watch Utica cannot really fight back against that, and they also cannot say "I don't believe you actually did".  but really I don't think he watches them, just another clown that is full of $&!# on HFBoards.com, I can't believe the Canuck sub forum on that place has become a place like that.  funny thing mr.canucklehead use to be from this forum.   that place is no longer a go to place for any Canuck info or updates.  frickin cess pool.  disgrace of so called Canuck fans.   be prepared to be labled a "Canuck fan boy" over there.  

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

to this point I don't even think he watches them play.  He will stone wall you by saying, "I've watched every game so far." and of course a lot of Canuck fans who can't watch Utica cannot really fight back against that, and they also cannot say "I don't believe you actually did".  but really I don't think he watches them, just another clown that is full of $&!# on HFBoards.com, I can't believe the Canuck sub forum on that place has become a place like that.  funny thing mr.canucklehead use to be from this forum.   that place is no longer a go to place for any Canuck info or updates.  frickin cess pool.  disgrace of so called Canuck fans.   be prepared to be labled a "Canuck fan boy" over there.  

& when this team is officially back near the top(stocked with youth), & it's undeniable, them termites will sneak back into the woodwork. Prob change their online handle, & forget the horrible bores(boar, maybe more apt) they've been.

edit: btw, you're prob right on how you've pegged that loser..doubt he watches, or would know what good hockey looks like

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Some HFdirtbag has been whining for about 2 or 3 seasons

Oooohh..mm, wahh,oohh, OHHComets got no centers..waaahhhh..JB..oohh..umm..waaaahhhhh

Can't even read that freeken page anymore. Used to be a good place to keep up on the latest. & of course this team with "NO CENTERS!" is now about 10 & 5.

That in a town that finally got a Friggen team, could refurbish their rink, etc...

HF is such a whining cesspool. Smells like an outhouse.

The Comets started the season with exactly one center under NHL contract in Graovac...who then gets injured in the first game of the season.  That is on JB for not adding enough depth down the middle over the summer to get though an entire season let alone the first month. Now with Sutter and Beagle injured and Graovac called up who is the next option in Vancouver if another center goes down?  Are you disagreeing with what Bad Goalie said regarding the lack of center depth in the organization or do you just don't like this poster?

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

The Comets started the season with exactly one center under NHL contract in Graovac...who then gets injured in the first game of the season.  That is on JB for not adding enough depth down the middle over the summer to get though an entire season let alone the first month. Now with Sutter and Beagle injured and Graovac called up who is the next option in Vancouver if another center goes down?  Are you disagreeing with what Bad Goalie said regarding the lack of center depth in the organization or do you just don't like this poster?

It clearly isnt that big of a problem seeing that the comets have the second most wins in the league lol. But you keep losing sleep at night and sending JB hate mail man. You do you.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

It clearly isnt that big of a problem seeing that the comets have the second most wins in the league lol. But you keep losing sleep at night and sending JB hate mail man. You do you.

This has nothing to do with the Comets record.  It's about not having organizational depth at center right from the start of the season.  It's the same situation Benning found himself in last year with goaltenders when he traded Nilsson away and lost McKenna to waivers.  Suddenly a couple of goalies get hurt and he has to play a teenager in juniors. 

So if another center gets injured who do you call up now?  The Comets have no NHL centers on NHL contracts....just converted wings who are certainly not going to play center in Vancouver and AHL/PTO centers that are not going to be signed to NHL contracts.

You are a Canucks fan so you certainly know how often this team gets injured.  Is a total of one player the available depth at the center position a good strategy to start a season with?

• Upvote 1

I kind of agree with UTICA, we still lack C depth when you look at Utica right now. Hopefully, late this year or next season for sure we can add a couple prospect C to the Comets who likely need a couple seasons in the A. I am referring to Karlsson, Madden and maybe Focht.

You can't have all C on a team, but ideally we would ice more C that shift to wing but naturally they are use to playing C. Some NHL teams have a couple former C on the wing that can slide into that role upon injury. So your not really losing depth at the position when an injury occurs. Like Gaudette for us this year. Same thing could be done at the AHL level. Do we not have an ECHL C we could bring up to  Utica or sign a UFA C? Make a trade for an AHL C, move Goldobin for a C? Writing is on the wall that Goldy is almost unlikely to get a call up this year so move him for something before he gets non qualified and walks as a UFA

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

No idea.

The NFL is super popular because people like to bet on the games, and their fantasy stuff.  If the NHL wants to share more in those dollars gained through the increased popularity gambling brings to mean nothing games, they need to be completely open with injury reports.