The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Nylander (Buf) traded to Chi for Jokiharju

7 hours ago, D-Money said:

Imagine if we won a Stanley Cup, let alone 3...

Would you really care what picks/players were traded?

Instead of moving down, imagine we moved up in the draft lottery like Chicago has when they really needed it.

8 hours ago, D-Money said:

Imagine if we won a Stanley Cup, let alone 3...

Would you really care what picks/players were traded?

This.

I like both the Hawks and Kings (Kings a little more). I couldn’t care less how brutal they’ve been in their free agent signings (ie: Kovalchuk), slow play, and draft misses/injury troubles lately (ie: Vilardi). They’ve won 2 Cups the last 8 years. Like Chicago, they could miss the playoffs for the next 20 years. I wouldn’t be bothered.

This would be the same case for me with the Canucks.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Monty said:

This.

I like both the Hawks and Kings (Kings a little more). I couldn’t care less how brutal they’ve been in their free agent signings (ie: Kovalchuk), slow play, and draft misses/injury troubles lately (ie: Vilardi). They’ve won 2 Cups the last 8 years. Like Chicago, they could miss the playoffs for the next 20 years. I wouldn’t be bothered.

This would be the same case for me with the Canucks.

It's true, coming from a SF Giants fan.

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

It's true, coming from a SF Giants fan.

That’s how I feel about the Oakland Athletics and Minnesota Twins. Grew up a HUGE Twins and Athletics fan. I don’t care that neither have won since 1989 and 1991. They’ve won and I’m still happy about those. I was a young kid when they both won. And even though I’m pushing 40 now, while it would be nice to see them win again, I have no problems not seeing it either. I can hang my hat on those wins.

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Hawks looking to get their own set of Swedish brothers?  That’d be cute.

Hawks would be very easy to play against with those two though.

It would be sweet to see Jake and Roussell smashing in the face of the Nylander sisters yearly

6 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

You've been seeing the reactions all over social media as well?  There's an ocean's worth of salt coming out of Chicago.  :lol:

Meatballs are definitely upset over this trade , especially hockeybuzz crowd.

But that’s nothing new, lot of them have been bitching since Tallon departed.

Also most of them would kiss Nagy’s hairy bean bag for the next 20 years if Bears won just 1 Super Bowl.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Like the Sabres and the Canucks, we too have Hawks fans ( or "Squawk" fans as I like to call them ) that overreact and crap their pants over just about anything.

Alex pots a goal in his first game and the local social media will already be planning the parade route.  It is what it is.

Hopefully the trade works out for both clubs, but only time will tell.

Lot of them have discovered hockey around 2009.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

When I read this in local media yesterday it made me question why Stan didn't shop Joker more.  If the whole league valued Henri so highly like he claims, then perhaps Bowman could have gotten a better return than Nylander.

But it also confirmed that Bowman and his staff are extremely high on Ian Mitchell and Adam Boqvist.  

9 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

When I read this in local media yesterday it made me question why Stan didn't shop Joker more.  If the whole league valued Henri so highly like he claims, then perhaps Bowman could have gotten a better return than Nylander.

But it also confirmed that Bowman and his staff are extremely high on Ian Mitchell and Adam Boqvist.  

Not to mention they acquired Olli Maatta recently as well as drafting Alex Vlasic.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Not to mention they acquired Olli Maatta recently as well as drafting Alex Vlasic.

Already on the NHL roster is Keith, Seabrook, De Haan (injured), Maatta, Murphy, Gustafsson, and Koekkoek.  None of them are waiver eligible.

Upcoming prospects are Boqvist, Mitchell, Beaudin, Krys, and Vlasic.  

Still too many defensemen in my opinion.  Because nobody is waiver eligible, there isn't much or any room for prospects to make the NHL club, and that included Jokiharju.  What's scares me is that if more d-men aren't shipped out, the Hawks lose Mitchell the same way they lost Kevin Hayes years ago, where the player opts for free agency after college due to too much competition in the organization at their position.

Watched the Hawks prospect scrimmage via stream this morning/afternoon.

What.  The.  F., Stan?!?!  While it's no doubt that Nylander has some really good offensive skill and a great shot, I expected a helluva lot more from 21 year old with NHL games under his belt playing against prospects.  I thought he would have dominated almost every shift, and he didn't.  He barely looked like he was trying.  Kirby Dach and Philip Kurashev were WAY more dominant on offense.  (My bold prediction is Kurashev makes the team out of camp...so impressive in making great plays in all three zones)  If Nylander looks this disengaged to start the season, the Squawks will be out in droves with torches and pitchforks calling for Stan's head.

On a side note...after watching Mitchell and Boqvist, it became beyond obvious why the Hawks thought Jokiharju was expendable.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Watched the Hawks prospect scrimmage via stream this morning/afternoon.

What.  The.  F., Stan?!?!  While it's no doubt that Nylander has some really good offensive skill and a great shot, I expected a helluva lot more from 21 year old with NHL games under his belt playing against prospects.  I thought he would have dominated almost every shift, and he didn't.  He barely looked like he was trying.  Kirby Dach and Philip Kurashev were WAY more dominant on offense.  (My bold prediction is Kurashev makes the team out of camp...so impressive in making great plays in all three zones)  If Nylander looks this disengaged to start the season, the Squawks will be out in droves with torches and pitchforks calling for Stan's head.

On a side note...after watching Mitchell and Boqvist, it became beyond obvious why the Hawks thought Jokiharju was expendable.

Patrick Roy has been so impressed with Kurashev that already last December he was saying that Kurashev would be in the NHL sooner than later - he says if not this season the season after.  

Edited by mll

37 minutes ago, mll said:

Patrick Roy has been so impressed with Kurashev that already last December he was saying that Kurashev would be in the NHL sooner than later - he says if not this season the season after.  

He was noticable every time he was on the ice.  A super aggressive puck hound in the d zone and extremely creative on the offense, even while pressured.  

I was just really, really impressed with his play.

Nylander, on the other hand, looked like he was on a steady diet of malted barley and hops all summer.  Couldn't tell if he was lazy, or just lumbering.  Ugh.  Just very blah.