The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Nylander (Buf) traded to Chi for Jokiharju

21 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Podkolzin is the main one that comes to mind for me with an outside chance at a team really liking Hoglander or someone similar. I would have even preferred trading our first rounder for someone like Jokiharju rather than J.T. Miller. 

Nylander still has a relatively high ceiling and his AHL numbers aren't terrible, they're just a little underwhelming for an 8th OA pick. It would be similar to us trading Virtanen a couple years ago. 

I'd give Pods the nod on potential over Nylander. If his last name wasn't Nylander I'm guessing there wouldn't be the fuss over him. I really dont like his game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Given Buffalo's middle 6 situation and their relative RD strength, definitely feels like they are giving up on Nylander. 

It's hard to say in my opinion. It would really depend on which team asked for what player first I would imagine. Perhaps it's hard to imagine Chicago wanting Nylander but you never know.

Remember: Nylander's only 21. He literally had his first few games when he was 19.

Edited by The Lock

2 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

Nylander:  bustaroo

Virtanen and Juolevi: give them time troll. 

It’s a Canuck’s board!  Trolling would be what you’re doing: insulting our players, management, and prospects, wouldn’t it?  

How in the heck can a Canuck’s fan supporting his players, and insulting other (hated) teams’ players be a troll?  Clearly, if you are offended by comments about other teams’ players you are on the wrong board, no? 

There, you hooked me.  Now my mouth is sore.  You’re stale Double Bubble gum. 

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Chicago fans are so unhappy and Sabres fans are so happy that "Nylander" has been trending on Twitter for hours now.  :lol:

Because who wants to speli Joki.... Jorki..... aw screw it I'll look up Nylander!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Chicago fans are so unhappy and Sabres fans are so happy that "Nylander" has been trending on Twitter for hours now.  :lol:

You had posted here just last week that you weren’t too high on Alex Nylander.  Now, look at the return you got for him!  Bloody brilliant. Your team is looking pretty damned good.  Go beat the Loser Leafs!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

It’s a Canuck’s board!  Trolling would be what you’re doing: insulting our players, management, and prospects, wouldn’t it?  

How in the heck can a Canuck’s fan supporting his players, and insulting other (hated) teams’ players be a troll?  Clearly, if you are offended by comments about other teams’ players you are on the wrong board, no? 

There, you hooked me.  Now my mouth is sore.  You’re stale Double Bubble gum. 

Relax, it was just a cute observation. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

This is the type of "hockey trade" Benning has been looking to do.  Moving similar-aged players for like value.  In our context it would be something like Baertschi/Goldy/Virtanen in exchange for Risto or another projected top-4 dman of similar age.

You forgot to add a 2nd rounder. 

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Alexander is happy about it and trying to ingratiate himself with Chicago fans.  He just did the bottle cap challenge with a Blackhawks jersey on.

Hmmmm, was hoping for a bit more of a highlight reel there but I guess he is wearing a Hawks jersey.  

7 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Given Buffalo's middle 6 situation and their relative RD strength, definitely feels like they are giving up on Nylander. 

Nylander has been going nowhere fast.  It was time for him to try somewhere else.

I imagine Botterill while shopping Nylander just took the best deal offered to him.  It's also insurance in case they do indeed decide to trade away Risto.  Judging by Botterill's reaction when asked about Risto wanting to try his luck elsewhere, I think there's a better chance now than ever before that he's going to be traded.  Rumour has it that Botterill is interested in a 2nd line centre that can hold down that line until Mittelstadt grows into his big boy pants in a year or two.

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Really like this deal for Buffalo. Honestly Jokiharju sounds like someone we should have been in on.

I really don't think much of Nylander as a prospect. Doubt he makes it in the NHL.

Agreed. I'm guessing the Hawks are hoping Nylander "Stromes" it and fits in with them. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You had posted here just last week that you weren’t too high on Alex Nylander.  Now, look at the return you got for him!  Bloody brilliant. Your team is looking pretty damned good.  Go beat the Loser Leafs!

Nylander is a floater with motivation problems just like his brother.  Chicago struck gold with Strome, but Strome was PPG player in the AHL.  Nylander is far from that.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Hmmmm, was hoping for a bit more of a highlight reel there but I guess he is wearing a Hawks jersey.  

It's his father's old NHL jersey.  He played for the Blackhawks once upon a time ago.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Nylander has been going nowhere fast.  It was time for him to try somewhere else.

I imagine Botterill while shopping Nylander just took the best deal offered to him.  It's also insurance in case they do indeed decide to trade away Risto.  Judging by Botterill's reaction when asked about Risto wanting to try his luck elsewhere, I think there's a better chance now than ever before that he's going to be traded.  Rumour has it that Botterill is interested in a 2nd line centre that can hold down that line until Mittelstadt grows into his big boy pants in a year or two.

Hmm maybe Eriksson can play center. :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1