The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Lucic + Conditional 3rd to Calgary for Neal

Pears

19 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'd live on Vancouver Island before that. 

Ya when I'm 65+ id take the island over CGY for sure. Not yet tho.

I travel a lot. CGY is not a bad city at all. Pretty nice city.  Edmonton is ugly and cold. 

Nothing beats Vancouver. I've traveled around the world and lived in many different cities. 

Vancouvers clean air and water is unmatched. Heaven. Cam never wait to get home. 

Paris is the best city to spend couple of months in on vacation or work. If have the oppurtuniry everyone should get an apartment in Paris for 2 or 3 months in summer.  No match. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Here are some great reactions by calgary fans at calgarypuck on them picking up the mighty lucic:

I keep smoking more and more weed trying to figure out how this makes sense, and it still doesn’t. 

Well this trade just baffles me but welcome to the Flames looch I guess

One of the darkest moments in franchise history.

How much of this has to do with Ferland going to Vancouver?

After a couple of beers this still makes no sense. 

I smoke roughly 1.5 to 2grams of high THC bud a day (doctors orders I am more than happy to comply with), and even I would not have made this trade. 

I sincerely hope this is some sort of business move and that twit never once pulls a flaming C sweater over his head.

I wonder if the Ferland signing influenced Tre to make this deal. 

At least Lucic has his real teeth. That's all I've got.

No wonder they leaked the arena deal news today lol trying to keep us all even keel

Man this is hilarious.    :towel:

756562388_canuckslogo-001.pdnweed.jpg.34d7564cfd47d560cbb579089db6c705.jpg

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Lucic was never allowed to be asked to waive his NMC. Is not even able to be talked about until December hits so any trade with him would have been the same. 

After December flames are free to ask him to waive that clause for ED 

Hey Forsberg can you elaborate. 

Was that in his contract.  

I'm sure there's a verbal agreement he'll waive for expansion draft. Or this trade would not have happened .

6 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I find it funny that Eriksson can't even be moved but these 2 guys can find new homes no problem, no one wants Eriksson, but hey on CDC "Eriksson is so good defensively", why wouldn't a team want Eriksson if he was that good defensively then? The one argument CDC has tried to use for years(cough cough Oldnews) to defend him, guess what he can't be that good then, NO OTHER TEAMS EVEN WANT HIM :lol:

What a dumb take. I wouldn't expect any less from you. You must have missed the part where they were traded for each other. It was one bad contract for another.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

What a dumb take. I wouldn't expect any less from you. You must have missed the part where they were traded for each other. It was one bad contract for another.

Two rival teams swap bad contracts and some “fans” are mad we didn’t get involved.. bravo CDC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Thought I recalled Lucic's NMC being for the duration of his contract, but CapFriendly is showing a modified NTC in the last two years:

image.png.13669d30aa5b337587c9cbdbc8f19824.png

If accurate, perhaps he does not require a protection spot in the ED?

It still shows a NMC in those 2 years as well. So it would seem he still has Expansion protection and waiver protection. He just loses complete trade control.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

It still shows a NMC in those 2 years as well. So it would seem he still has Expansion protection and waiver protection. He just loses complete trade control.

Yeah not sure why it shows both, as it can only really be one or the other, afaik.  Anything less than an NMC is an NTC of some sort.  If it is an NTC, then according to mll (I think) it applies to the upcoming season, which would mean he won't take a spot.

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yeah not sure why it shows both, as it can only really be one or the other, afaik.  Anything less than an NMC is an NTC of some sort.  If it is an NTC, then according to mll (I think) it applies to the upcoming season, which would mean he won't take a spot.

Actually, a player can have both depending on the wording. He could have a NMC but with the addition of the NTC thst would void specific areas of the NMC. So he could retain being unable to be waived or exposed to expansion while the ntc part claims back some tradability options for the team.

Bear in mind i dont know for sure what his specific details are, but it is possible.

Edited by Silver Ghost
  • Cheers 1