The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Lucic + Conditional 3rd to Calgary for Neal

Pears

19 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I went to watch Euro Cup in France couple of years ago. We watched the German France semifinal in Marseille. 

Then came back to Paris for Final France vs Portugal. Had best seats in the stadium cost me almost 1g per ticket for 4 tickets. 

Best sporting event I have ever attended. And I've been to game 7 Canucks games. 

I had a friend that was in Spain when they won the WC. And he also said it was awesome. 

I do enjoy playoff and big tournament time in sports. Soccer ,Baseball and even Basketball are both amazing and intense. But regular games in those sports are a bit boring for me.

but Playoff hockey I love the most.

as far as this Battle of Alberta stuff goes it’s always entertaining watching their teams go through craziness like this trade. 

I’m more and more confident Canucks can be on top of the division and not just a wildcard team.

i m may have my Homer glasses on but I don’t  see any real weak links in Canucks lineup and the upgrades are playoff impact style players. 

I happy being a Canucks fan.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Upvote 1

caledmt-004.jpg.16efd9291bed274770cced89f577c15a.jpgcaledmt-005.jpg.4101ef99a2d4f06ab5763dbaf085370e.jpg                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     You can put liiii=iiipstick on two Alberta Pigs, its still two Alberta Pigs :gocan:

Edited by 6string

1 minute ago, 6string said:

caledmt-004.jpg.16efd9291bed274770cced89f577c15a.jpgcaledmt-005.jpg.4101ef99a2d4f06ab5763dbaf085370e.jpgYou can put....... on two Alberta Pigs and its still....

TWO ALBERTA PIGS! :gocan:

That's the groupies for both teams.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup Calgary is stuck with it: https://flamesnation.ca/2019/07/19/milan-lucics-arrival-also-adds-some-complications/

So Treliving has to protect Lucic in the ED, can't really buy him out, and didn't get a significant sweetener, for a guy they could have bought out for 1.9 mil per? 

Wow. 

Lucic was never allowed to be asked to waive his NMC. Is not even able to be talked about until December hits so any trade with him would have been the same. 

After December flames are free to ask him to waive that clause for ED 

13 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I don’t  see any real weak links in Canucks lineup and the upgrades are playoff impact style players. 

It's the most solid team we have had for a while, with speed, skill and especially size.

We could use better top six wingers still. None of out wingers (Save for Brock) is even remotely as good as Horvat - let alone Petey. While improved from last season, I think we will see us still losing a lot of close games because we just didn't have enough firepower to close the deal.

I still would like to see another high end scoring defenseman not named Hughes as well. Again - much improved d, but not quite there yet imo.

While I feel our goaltending pipeline is in good shape, I am still not yet convinced we can count on great goaltendimg either.

But overall as a whole, I feel we will see a dramaticly improved team next season.

As far as this trade goes, seems like a good idea for all involved. I wouldn't be surprised to see Neal make a bit of a comeback. Lucic will simply carry on and do what he can at this point - crash and bang.

Edited by kloubek
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Four years.

Flames cannot trade Lucic without his permission. 

They must use a protection spot for him in expansion unless he waives. 

They cannot even send him to the AHL unless he permits.

FOR ALL FOUR YEARS.

Lucic, Little Johnny, Monahan, Lindholm, Bennett, Tkachuk, Backlund, Mangiapane.  I count 8 and can only protect 7.  Calgary is going to lose a good player in the expansion draft, or they are going to have to be forced to trade 18 year old Sam Bennett...

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Lucic was never allowed to be asked to waive his NMC. Is not even able to be talked about until December hits so any trade with him would have been the same. 

After December flames are free to ask him to waive that clause for ED 

Yes and Lucic is free to tell the Flames to go f*** themselves.  He ain't waiving that NMC.  That's a guarantee.

8 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

James Neal > Louie, hence why Oilers wouldn't make the deal 

Good deal for both teams.  Neal and Lucic have a few more years left in them, and a change of scenery might just be what the doctor ordered for both of them. 

James Neal is also greater than Lucic, so that point is kinda moot. Eriksson over his career has been a much more productive player than Lucic offensively. Lucic is 31....you've probably seen his best hockey.

Edited by CJ44

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes and Lucic is free to tell the Flames to go f*** themselves.  He ain't waiving that NMC.  That's a guarantee.

I could actually see him waive it for the ED (not that Seattle would bite).  Close to home and a chance to be part of an expansion market might be appealing. 

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Four years.

Flames cannot trade Lucic without his permission. 

They must use a protection spot for him in expansion unless he waives. 

They cannot even send him to the AHL unless he permits.

FOR ALL FOUR YEARS.

This is just brutal. The rest of the deal i csn understand to some degree but wtf is Treleving smoking?

• Upvote 1

Lol @ flames fans ( over at Calgary puck) mocking the coilers and the luciic signing for years and now he’s gonna put on the horrid red jersey.  Ketchup and  badreau needed  a bodyguard I suppose..... 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

Lol @ flames fans ( over at Calgary puck) mocking the coilers and the luciic signing for years and now he’s gonna put on the horrid red jersey.  Ketchup and  badreau needed  a bodyguard I suppose..... 

They were comforted somewhat by having to pay Brouwer's lower bailout while Edmonton still had Lucic.

Now they're paying for both.

• Cheers 1