The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Strychnine [Game Over: Town Wins!]

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

This is off-topic (not using it to indicate your alignment) but how did you know that? I read over old games sometimes but I can't say I remember who was what team when afterwards. Is my memory just bad?

I don't think your memory is bad.  I just tend to re-remember when I read old threads.

4 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I don't think your memory is bad.  I just tend to re-remember when I read old threads.

You can be the official CDC Mafia historian if I die suddenly.

Anyway, back to this game. You've avoided responding to 112 and me other than to quibble over punctuation. Your post came across like you were thinking very hard about what to say and how to say it. Any response to this accusation?

Ok, going to work now. I should be back around 630-7pm (for those who like to throw shade at me for inactivity during work hours smh). 

I look forward to BJ's response, 112's incoming accusation and MR's subsequent lynching (he really bears watching, even though he is doing his best to appear to be scumhunting). Good times.

4 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

You can be the official CDC Mafia historian if I die suddenly.

Anyway, back to this game. You've avoided responding to 112 and me other than to quibble over punctuation. Your post came across like you were thinking very hard about what to say and how to say it. Any response to this accusation?

Well, I did think about what I wanted to say and I did take time to think about how I wanted to write it.  Not so much the order of thoughts, though.

If either of those things are meant to be incriminating because of the logic that hoggers discussed which states that scum tend to be more "calculated and detailed", then this is an instance where that logic isn't true.  My posts prior to the current one that we are discussing had been all short and lacking real substance (although, they did have potential to start conversations).  I wanted to put forth a productive post about the game.  Based on both of your reactions, I was successful. 

1 minute ago, 112 said:

I literally checked your recent posts after you told me you always do it. tons of posts without it

That's impossible.  Double-spacing is habitual for me and has been ever since I left high-school.  CDC is woat at displaying text I guess.

5 minutes ago, Kryten said:

Ok, going to work now. I should be back around 630-7pm (for those who like to throw shade at me for inactivity during work hours smh). 

I look forward to BJ's response, 112's incoming accusation and MR's subsequent lynching (he really bears watching, even though he is doing his best to appear to be scumhunting). Good times.

Before the game I gave myself an over/under of 3.5 on how many 'MR is scummy' posts would be made in R1. I took the over.

I don't count 112 because that was in response to provocation, but I'll count this, so we're at 1 so far.

6 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Well, I did think about what I wanted to say and I did take time to think about how I wanted to write it.  Not so much the order of thoughts, though.

If either of those things are meant to be incriminating because of the logic that hoggers discussed which states that scum tend to be more "calculated and detailed", then this is an instance where that logic isn't true.  My posts prior to the current one that we are discussing had been all short and lacking real substance (although, they did have potential to start conversations).  I wanted to put forth a productive post about the game.  Based on both of your reactions, I was successful.

I don't consider this a good defense, but I guess there's not much to say to an accusation that you 'wrote too carefully'.

So let's focus on something else:

46 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

If I'm being honest, I can see a scenario where Blue Jay 22 is scum.  There is something a bit odd in his posts.  In particular, the post about Intoewsables giving his bad vibes in his loins just seems a bit opportunistic because has Intoewsables even posted anything specific or notable beyond his 1-2 post banter with 112 about roles?  This is one to keep an eye on, especially if Intoewsables is scum because Blue Jay 22 has been known to be lead or join a teammate bus early on.

Without even checking which post you're referring to, voting for Intoewsables is surely an obvious joke vote, no? His reputation for being killed in R1 is well-established here, even if he hasn't played in ages. There's no way BJ was trying to float a wagon on Intoews, not in this manner. So you're exaxggerating a joke vote and trying to turn it into something serious.

11 hours ago, luckylager said:

I could see toews and 112 scumbuddying around.

I've never played with intoews, but I've noted the references

You're at least half wrong here, but I like the attempt at scumhunting. This is good -- and looking back at the convo between the two of us, I can see where one might come up with a read like this.

11 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

This is an odd post. 

Why? And why the vote for lager immediately afterwards? Seems like a mighty stretch.

1 minute ago, Master Radishes said:

Without even checking which post you're referring to, voting for Intoewsables is surely an obvious joke vote, no? His reputation for being killed in R1 is well-established here, even if he hasn't played in ages. There's no way BJ was trying to float a wagon on Intoews, not in this manner. So you're exaxggerating a joke vote and trying to turn it into something serious.

Not always.  There are certain scenarios where this isn't the case.  Also, there is no post because Blue Jay 22 didn't vote for him (yet).

If they are teammates, they could float a wagon however they would like to.  Remember, Intoewsables mentioned before the game that he had finals coming up which implies that he may not be around for latter rounds.

For all we know, any of the votes placed on Intoewsables (and I actually don't think there are any at this moment because 112 who had her vote on him has now placed her vote on me) could have been because he was sheriff investigated as mafia (see post in red coloured font).  I'm not exaggerating anything because I'm not saying definitively that Blue Jay 22 or Intoewsables are mafia.  I'm saying that I can envision a scenario where a mafia Blue Jay 22 builds on any sort of pressure on Intoewsables, weak or strong, to bus him.

I'm not really sure what vote you're talking about but this could be telling since you're interpreting it as a joke vote.

1 hour ago, Kryten said:

This. Reads like an Otis list IMO. Fluff. No jam. The only post of his I liked was his MH accusation. 

Had similar alarm bells ringing when I read that post. Something about it just seems forced; there's no real substance to any of the rankings so I guess it's supposed to be a bunch of gut feelings, but there's nothing in the post that alludes to that. I don't know, just a weird vibe coming from that post overall.

Nothing else about BJ has really stood out to me as scummy so far though, so I'm not sure I entirely agree with your last sentence if that's what you're getting at.