The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Strychnine [Game Over: Town Wins!]

Rate this topic

Reading back on the 112/MR battle... 112 stated that MR was deflecting. I read his responses to 112s replies and questions. His deflects were very minor but they were there. Going as far as to say she was tunnelling. But it was only responses to his questioning. Also he made it a point to interact with others in while in this little provocation. I say Provocation, only because I think he was purposely pushing some buttons... and then to end it with one post and to say "I'll circle back" 2x?

Then AV had a post which was quite informative in regards to how a person would play out a scenario.. it was interesting to see that 112 took that as a reason to vote for AV even those he basically sided with her. But also stated that it was a conversation that the group should watch...town credit? Hmm

This what caught my attention. MR who was pretty much calling 112 scum to her face, joined her in her vote for AV. stating that he was thinking the same thing she was (Convenient) therefore votes for AV also. That was what my squirrel ref was about lol. He saw an opportunity and went for it. 

A few posts later 112 unvotes AV with no reasoning. Made me think she was seeing what MR would do...

Jazz comes in with a unexplained vote, probably sensing a possible wagon. Scum has no reason to read when one wolf can fill u in. ;)

I'll keep my vote for Jazz this round.

4 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

@Kryten, tell me what to make of BJ now. :unsure:

He's still the scummiest bird in this game, but his response seemed genuine to me. 

2 hours ago, 112 said:

tp
1. @Master Radishes

2. @112
5. @Alain Vigneault

8. @Kryten

9. @Time Lord

10. @DarthMelvin

12. @Blue Jay 22

mafia

14. @thejazz97

16. @Zfetch

17. @Lewitelli

19. @milk and honey

20. @Intoewsables
3. @falcon45ca

11. @T-rex930

??
6. @luckylager

7. @hoggers

2 hours ago, 112 said:

unvote; vote kryten

Wut.

2 hours ago, Zfetch said:

Agreed

:sadno:

Sorry for not contributing today. Had to get the kids to their day camps, had an unbelievably bull$&!# filled workday and I BROKE MY PHONE ON MY LUNCHBREAK! At least it's Friday and a long weekend right? Nope, not a long weekend for me because one of my colleagues &^@#ed off for his vacation but forgot about about a couple of his deadlines. Woohoo! Wild guess who gets to pick up the slack.

Kids are getting ready for bed, I need to read what's been posted since I fell asleep last night.

112, Toews, AV and DM were on my list from what I remember. Falc was too for a while but after our give and take I was less suspicious of him. BAck in a bit unless I guzzle some whisky and smoke more than one bong. Both of which are a distinct possibility. And I'm not going to apologize for that. It's been a long week.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

Just a petty person. I never said anything to warrant an ignore. But hey. you do you I'll be fine. but if that's the way you people want to act maybe you should take a break from the forum for a while. Most of us are here to play. 

"You people"?

Bigot 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
22 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

TL, how are you?

I'm fine :)

7 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

This doesn't explain how my early FoS of intoews was opportunistic. It's actually only stating the obvious in the scenario that I'm scum, and doesn't explain the thought process behind my actions from your point of view.

Not a good look. Unvote vote AV

You thought that was enough to vote for AV? I realize you changed your mind afterwards but the tone of this post doesn't look good

"AV made a questionable read on me. Vote AV"

7 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

This whole turnaround doesn't seem genuine at all.

What was even your initial reason for voting me?

What makes you think it wasn't genuine?

Still don't like Zfetch's opening round at all. I can't follow the train of thought he makes when producing his reads, but maybe I'm just not at his level. I did find it interesting, though, when Kryten, AV, and intoews were all explaining their FoS on me earlier, Zfetch kept me in his scum pool at time time, but changed his vote from me to Kryten. I would have thought that would have been a good time to get a wagon going on one of his potential scum targets (me), but that vote pivot looks to me like he wanted to get off a potential mislynch wagon before the wheels started moving. At the very least, it looks like he wanted the conversation to shift to a different narrative at the time since I don't think anyone had Kryten as a scum candidate or vote at the time.

You think Zfetch was scared of being responsible for a TP lynch? That seems like a stretch. 

I went back and read your posts to see and grasp a better understanding of your mindset. The FoS of me didn't feel genuine and the answer you gave me to my question wasn't really to my satisfaction, but re-reading the thread helped. If you think I purposely delayed 12 minutes in between posts and didn't really care about your thought progression, so be it.

I quoted this post because I thought it seemed towny but idk if I see it that way anymore. The last sentence is a bit of a strawman. It's possible for you to pretend to care about his thought progression as mafia by reading back and quoting his posts after your initial post on the matter.

6 hours ago, Intoewsables said:

Also - in general, I think the AV bandwagon on page 21 is pretty flimsy. As far as I remember, he's always worded his posts in that clunky, yet carefully worded kind of way. Again, not really a good look on 112 and MR IMO.

Agreed, AV's wording has no effect on my read of him

6 hours ago, Intoewsables said:

Agreed on the first part, but I think it's an innocent enough read for AV to make as well. I assumed BJ was joking around but I don't think it was *that* obvious either.

This seems like a pretty towny exchange for MR overall, less sure about that for AV. I think using the 'unlikely teammates' bit as a defense is a bit scummy when there's no concrete evidence to base teammate theories off of.

This doesn't make any sense.

This is actually a good point. I can't believe you're scum-hunting for once.

Not a fan of this post. Kinda reads like he's feeling the pressure and wants to buddy up with MR and 112. Also manages to be wishy-washy by adding that last bit about MR in there.

I agree with a lot of this as well. 

Btw I see you have AV, 112, and MR as scum reads. Is that just because of their play individually or can you see them as a mafia team despite all their interactions?

The 112 MR battle is interesting. MR is posting with a tone and lightheartedness I haven't read from him before, whereas 112 more defensive and agitated.

I'm having a really hard time reading this. There's no cohesion amongst the tp right now. We're being distracted. There isn't a narrative being pushed. They're hiding in the bushes.

Lewts attempted derpclear is looking suspicious.

Trex oozes scum

Z is on a bender

MH back to saying cheers

112 isn't championing the tp like she's supposed to.

12 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

I'm fine :)

You thought that was enough to vote for AV? I realize you changed your mind afterwards but the tone of this post doesn't look good

"AV made a questionable read on me. Vote AV"

What makes you think it wasn't genuine?

You think Zfetch was scared of being responsible for a TP lynch? That seems like a stretch. 

I quoted this post because I thought it seemed towny but idk if I see it that way anymore. The last sentence is a bit of a strawman. It's possible for you to pretend to care about his thought progression as mafia by reading back and quoting his posts after your initial post on the matter.

I agree with a lot of this as well. 

Btw I see you have AV, 112, and MR as scum reads. Is that just because of their play individually or can you see them as a mafia team despite all their interactions?

This is a beautiful post.

I haven't really begun to assess players and my reads on them vs how they interact with other players and how I read them.

I need a time out. You've blessed me with an epiphany. 

TL is 100% tp in my books right now.

7 hours ago, Intoewsables said:

Also - in general, I think the AV bandwagon on page 21 is pretty flimsy. As far as I remember, he's always worded his posts in that clunky, yet carefully worded kind of way. Again, not really a good look on 112 and MR IMO.

30 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Okay, leaving the wording of his posts aside, what about his 'defense' that followed? He nitpicked minor things that had nothing to do with the overall argument and tried to make them out to be serious bits of evidence he was countering. And what about the fact he gave no indication of his read on me then suddenly called me scum and voted me? No thought progression evidenced there either.

I think you guys are dismissing AV too quickly.