The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver/Avs

WCE

How can I guy play 81 games and just have three hits?  I mean, even by accident you'd have to bump into a few guys, just cuz it's a small surface to have a bunch of big guys skating fast on it, going in unpredictable directions - jeez, it'd be a full time job to stay out of the way... huh, I guess it was a full time job to stay out of the way.  I guess Loui refined his game, back in Boston he used to hit ten times that many - until the year before they traded him - guess they saw the paint drying on the wall - untouched by Loui. 

13 minutes ago, 6string said:

Aside from this deal, the Canucks/Avalanche rivalry begins this coming season.

These two teams will be dominate over the next few years, enjoy the ride!

As much as i am a Canucks fan. I'm pretty envious of the future their building in Colorado. IMO they ran away with 2 top 5 picks this year. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, 6string said:

Aside from this deal, the Canucks/Avalanche rivalry begins this coming season.

These two teams will be dominate over the next few years, enjoy the ride!

Pettersson vs. MacKinnon

Hughes vs. Makar

Tryamkin vs. Zadorov

Boeser vs. Rantanen

BO vs. Landeskog

Ferland vs. Kadri

Podkolzin vs. Newhook

Madden vs. Jost

Stecher vs. Girard

Juolevi vs. Byram

Myers vs. Johnson

Gaudette vs. Bowers

Woo vs. Timmins

Hoglander vs. Kaut

Goldobin vs. Burakovsky

Demko vs. ???

It's gonna be an epic rivalry.  I'm telling you in 2-3 years this Canucks team will be dominant.

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, hammertime said:

As much as i am a Canucks fan. I'm pretty envious of the future their building in Colorado. IMO they ran away with 2 top 5 picks this year. 

We also got the 3rd or 4th best player in the draft at 10th overall and got another first rounder in the 2nd round.  Don't under estimate Podz and Hogs.  These guys can be foundational players.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We also got the 3rd or 4th best player in the draft at 10th overall and got another first rounder in the 2nd round.  Don't under estimate Podz and Hogs.  These guys can be foundational players.

I ain't taking anything away from those fellas great picks and I'm super pumped. I'd totally trade straight up for Byram Newhook though. I was pumping Newhook all season love that pick, Byram was a no brainer hes so good and with Makar making the jump and really showing huge upside I'm very excited for them. Many also called me out for pumping Sieder at 10. Very pleased with Podkolzin and Hoglander though. When our turn came to pick I jumped up and down both times. 

Edited by hammertime

I can’t see the Avs taking on a dead weight contract and giving up assets for what is essentially one season of Tanev. They can probably afford the extra $8.35m cap hit but they don’t need to take that on just to land a decent RD.

If I was Sakic I would be offering Gardiner a 1-2 year deal in the vicinity of $7m per year. 

This way they don’t give up any assets, they have plenty of cap space this year and next year. Gardiner fills the void left by Barrie as he can play RD if required. This buys some time for the young D corps to develop. Gardiner is a better player than Tanev at this stage anyway, and the short contract reduces the risk that Gardiner’s back injury will be a long term issue for COL.

Gardiner probably wants more term but it is now getting close to the start of the season and he may be tempted to take a short term contract at that higher value. Plus he would be joining a competitive team with an opportunity to show that his injury is behind him and he is worth one more long term deal in 1-2 years.

• 1 month later...