The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fans in St. Louis and Detroit

Rate this topic

Hectic

So I'm potentially going to New York in October this year to visit friends, however the Canucks play in St. Louis on the Thursday before the weekend (October 17th) and Detroit the Tuesday after that weekend (October 22nd).

If I was to head to those cities to watch the Canucks play the Blues and Red Wings, are there any Canucks fans on this forum that would possibly be there? Life goal of mine to watch the Canucks play in every arena (I'm at 8 so far), and I'll go on my own if I have to, but thought I'd reach out and see if there's anyone on these boards that would be at either of the games - fingers crossed, let me know! 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

On 9/9/2019 at 2:27 AM, Hectic said:

So I'm potentially going to New York in October this year to visit friends, however the Canucks play in St. Louis on the Thursday before the weekend (October 17th) and Detroit the Tuesday after that weekend (October 22nd).

If I was to head to those cities to watch the Canucks play the Blues and Red Wings, are there any Canucks fans on this forum that would possibly be there? Life goal of mine to watch the Canucks play in every arena (I'm at 8 so far), and I'll go on my own if I have to, but thought I'd reach out and see if there's anyone on these boards that would be at either of the games - fingers crossed, let me know! 

I grew up in Windsor and still catch every game they play in Detroit, so I'll be there!

There are always lots of Canuck fans/jerseys there btw

Edited by Jayinblack

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2019 at 6:30 AM, jmfaminoff said:

I live about a three hour drive to St. Louis.  My wife and I have had some conversations about going.  

Did you end up getting tickets? My friend and I will be there, looking forward to it! 

3 hours ago, Hectic said:

Did you end up getting tickets? My friend and I will be there, looking forward to it! 

I ended up in the hospital and had two surgeries. I would go but how I feel right now is not too hot. It is sad because I know Beagle, his dad and mom, and his grandparents. And we have a lot of mutual friends.  I remember one Sunday morning when Jay came into church following a rep game. He was about 8-10 at the time. I joked with him and said if you keep working hard, maybe one day you will get to the NHL and play for the Canucks. The glee and smile on his face was priceless.  I am very proud of him and how hard he had to work to get where he is. But it sucks that I can't go because of how I am feeling.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

My number one thing to spend my (eventual; hopefully) lottery win on is, attending every game from prospects camp to Cup Hoist, following The Canucks all over, all year.

Sorry you're laid up jmfaminoff; sounds like it would have been fun to hook up with them all; will you be ready for the Dallas game on Dec 19th?

2 hours ago, StL-Canuck said:

I'll be at the St. Louis game, down in section 118 behind our boys.

We’re 118 as well! Grab a drink during warmup? I’ll be the one in the Canucks jersey ;)  Haha we’re in row V where will you be at? 

8 hours ago, jmfaminoff said:

I ended up in the hospital and had two surgeries. I would go but how I feel right now is not too hot. It is sad because I know Beagle, his dad and mom, and his grandparents. And we have a lot of mutual friends.  I remember one Sunday morning when Jay came into church following a rep game. He was about 8-10 at the time. I joked with him and said if you keep working hard, maybe one day you will get to the NHL and play for the Canucks. The glee and smile on his face was priceless.  I am very proud of him and how hard he had to work to get where he is. But it sucks that I can't go because of how I am feeling.

Sorry to hear that - sounds like an epic story and fingers crossed you’ll be able to make it to the game next year 

On 9/10/2019 at 10:07 AM, 73 Percent said:

Ill be at the Detroit game if I'm on days.

Windsor lad?

At some point I’m sure I will see them in Detroit - for one I really want to see what a state of the art arena looks like.    They apparently pulled no punches....it’s supposedly the new bar.  

Edited by IBatch

I lived in Luoi back in the 80’s. Loved It when Vancouver came to town. Great hockey town. I must have been the only Canucks dan in the building, Vancouver always got their a$$ kicked. Love my Blues but Canucks are first. Blues Captain Sutter was a great guy. He donated so much of his free time to our students. It’s a classy organization to this day. Fond memories for sure. 

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Windsor lad?

At some point I’m sure I will see them in Detroit - for one I really want to see what a state of the art arena looks like.    They apparently pulled no punches....it’s supposedly the new bar.  

Guy its amazing. So clean you can eat off the floor. Bunch of interactive stuff. Can't go 7 feet without seeing a bathroom food or beer.

Just bought tix for tuesdays game.

Eight

Bucks

Each

Lol

• Cheers 1