The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

Just now, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Harper's Conservative government with PCs, BC Libs, and the Saskatchewan party in power in the western provinces. 

you have a poor memory that idiot Premier you guys used to have decided to play politics with it and had people like you opposed Pipelines

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

you have a poor memory that idiot Premier you guys used to have decided to play politics with it and had people like you opposed Pipelines

So you admit that conservative governments shot themselves in the foot and got nothing done.  That's the point.  JT got it done.

35 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You're right actually.

So what changed?  The BC NDP and Trudeau's Liberals are getting pipelines built and projects started and finished.

Must seriously hurt to know that fact is real.  In less than 5 years when Federally and provincially a conservative super majority achieved.....nothing

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

So you admit that conservative governments shot themselves in the foot and got nothing done.  That's the point.  JT got it done.

The bc  liberals are a joke.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

You're right actually.

So what changed?  The BC NDP and Trudeau's Liberals are getting pipelines built and projects started and finished.

Must seriously hurt to know that fact is real.  In less than 5 years when Federally and provincially a conservative super majority achieved.....nothing

well it's five years for Justin and nothing is really done at this point and the BC NDP has fought it the whole way wasted your tax money in court so it's pretty stupid of you to just make the claim

and again JT was forced to buy it because nobody wants to invest in Canada 

Trudeau should approve Teck, even if he doesn't really want it. The chance of it being successful is pretty low if it really needs $75+oil. 

Kenney is dropping the ball on this as well. He simply should say yes to the 2050 plan, he won't be around to see it anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Trudeau should approve Teck, even if he doesn't really want it. The chance of it being successful is pretty low if it really needs $75+oil. 

Kenney is dropping the ball on this as well. He simply should say yes to the 2050 plan, he won't be around to see it anyway. 

Par for the course for him.  

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah even @Ryan Strome thinks Kenny is a dingus. Kenney's painted himself into an angry little corner tho, any compromise with Trudeau even if is to the benefit of Alberta is verboten. 

Him and Scheer don't even support what Rempel put forward.  What a pair of losers. Jason needs to step down, I'd rather see Jason Nixon  or Doug Shweitzer lead the party. Judging by the things Jean is saying I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up leading the freedom conservatives. They have the right plan of uniting all the right wing parties, the leader of wexit Alberta joined the FC.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Him and Scheer don't even support what Rempel put forward.  What a pair of losers. Jason needs to step down, I'd rather see Jason Nixon  or Doug Shweitzer lead the party. Judging by the things Jean is saying I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up leading the freedom conservatives. They have the right plan of uniting all the right wing parties, the leader of wexit Alberta joined the FC.

that Buffaloed thing is what I see as emblematic of whats wrong in AB. Its blinding you guys to sensible solutions. 

You know that i support people earning, all over Canada. But this negativity train / narrative thing is just hurting you guys the most. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that Buffaloed thing is what I see as emblematic of whats wrong in AB. Its blinding you guys to sensible solutions. 

You know that i support people earning, all over Canada. But this negativity train / narrative thing is just hurting you guys the most. 

I don't know about that sometimes I think if we were to make it serious that we were going to leave that Ottawa  might actually start to take us seriously. You are right all Canadians should make more money but that starts by having projects that generate lots of Revenue fast-tracked rather than the time it's taking to get Alberta's resources to markets. Honestly think about it we have a federal government that never even acknowledges the importance of the oil industry or even promotes it on the global stage. While we took forever to get anything done here the United States under Barack Obama became the biggest energy superpower in the world.

13 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't know about that sometimes I think if we were to make it serious that we were going to leave that Ottawa  might actually start to take us seriously. You are right all Canadians should make more money but that starts by having projects that generate lots of Revenue fast-tracked rather than the time it's taking to get Alberta's resources to markets. Honestly think about it we have a federal government that never even acknowledges the importance of the oil industry or even promotes it on the global stage. While we took forever to get anything done here the United States under Barack Obama became the biggest energy superpower in the world.

Exactly. Greenies seem to be geographically specific. Strange? Conversation with Ottawa is a waste of time. The western CPC members like Rempel still talks that way. The last 30 years don't seem to register. When I talked to her she was a tad more aggressive. What more of a message do you need than watching out sad sack leader, JT, mumble on TV.  Elect 20 Wesit MP's and the process will be unstoppable. 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Unfortunately unless the Federal Government makes it a law where Federal Government Projects have ultimate authority, it's not going to happen.  I would imagine various Provinces would reject it outright deeming that it would diminish their Provinces local powers (ie AB and QUE).

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Unfortunately unless the Federal Government makes it a law where Federal Government Projects have ultimate authority, it's not going to happen.  I would imagine various Provinces would reject it outright deeming that it would diminish their Provinces local powers (ie AB and QUE).

Just imagine if Ontario and Quebec were Alberta this would never even be a conversation. In fact if Ontario and Quebec were the Western provinces this country would be one of the worst emitters in the world.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

but the problem is no one believes Alberta will really be better off, have any crucial leverage, or that Alberta could "leave" with its current borders intact. Its a 1/2 baked idea borne out of anger. 

• Upvote 1