The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign assistant coaches, Ian Clark to contract extension

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 8:00 AM, DonaldBrashear said:

We should write to Travis Green and Jim Benning and explain to them why those two positions needed upgrades. I figure we know much more about hockey than they do. I mean, they have only spent their entire lives playing and coaching and being involved in hockey. Also, they don't have the inside scoop like we do. Travis Green probably barely even works with the assistant coaches, and I know Jim Benning never sees them. But we see them all the time on TV standing on the benches and it's almost like we know them better than themselves. Honestly, while I am going down this path, why stop here. I think we should write more letters. Like, clearly Gary Bettman has no clue how to run the NHL. I could do a better job, so could you. I am sure he would like to hear our feedback.

2 things.

1) green travels with these assistant coaches and shares office space and guess over team plans team

meals with them. You know that right?

theyre literally attached together 

2) Gary Bergman is the most successful comissoner in NHL history and people point to lockouts (he works for the owners) the owners totally killed the players he won! Then he grew the game in the states profits are at an all ime

hifh as is revenue and merchandise and also he brought a team back to Canada when he didn’t have too. 

10 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

2 things.

1) green travels with these assistant coaches and shares office space and guess over team plans team

2) Gary Bergman is the most successful comissoner in NHL history and people point to lockouts (he works for the owners) the owners totally killed the players he won! Then he grew the game in the states profits are at an all ime

hifh as is revenue and merchandise and also he brought a team back to Canada when he didn’t have too. 

tenor.gif?itemid=11587701

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

2 things.

I had no idea that assistant coaches and coaches shared office space and traveled together. I thought that the assistant coaches worked from Utica, remotely, via webcam. This changes things entirely.

I also had no idea that Gary "Bergman" had done so much for the NHL. I told my buddies he only works 1 day a year (Draft day). We never see him any other time, he must be away 364 days a year sitting on a beach somewhere. Turns out maybe he isn't that bad?

You've really enlightened me. Thank you.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I had no idea that assistant coaches and coaches shared office space and traveled together. I thought that the assistant coaches worked from Utica, remotely, via webcam. This changes things entirely.

I also had no idea that Gary "Bergman" had done so much for the NHL. I told my buddies he only works 1 day a year (Draft day). We never see him any other time, he must be away 364 days a year sitting on a beach somewhere. Turns out maybe he isn't that bad?

You've really enlightened me. Thank you.

I type fast on my cell but no problem 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The organization should have waited until the end of the season to even consider re-signing Brown and Baumgartner. Neither has proven anything worthy of a contract extension.

Well that would be against Bennings buy high sell low strategy. 

Please start making logical suggestions

On 11/6/2019 at 8:00 AM, DonaldBrashear said:

We should write to Travis Green and Jim Benning and explain to them why those two positions needed upgrades. I figure we know much more about hockey than they do. I mean, they have only spent their entire lives playing and coaching and being involved in hockey. Also, they don't have the inside scoop like we do. Travis Green probably barely even works with the assistant coaches, and I know Jim Benning never sees them. But we see them all the time on TV standing on the benches and it's almost like we know them better than themselves. Honestly, while I am going down this path, why stop here. I think we should write more letters. Like, clearly Gary Bettman has no clue how to run the NHL. I could do a better job, so could you. I am sure he would like to hear our feedback.

My buddies little sisters friend was talking to her uncle and he heard this is just a ploy so Green doesn't see his firing coming

I strongly dislike extending Baumgartner and Brown. It's extremely hard to watch how easily our defenders give up ice and how easily teams are able to enter our zone. That is coaching. The defense constantly looks confused. The PP speaks for itself. Stagnant, zero movement, zero creativity, extremely predictable zone entries. None of this is new under Brown. Carnegie can go as well, skills coach is an undervalued position I believe we could and should be looking to innovate.

Ian Clark and Manny have done fine jobs and deserve due credit.