The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Nov. 08, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

15 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I think EP Boeser Miller line is amongst the best in entire NHL

I say try Baer for few games if doesn't work out time to make a trade upgrade 2nd line winger...

It’s s hot line that doesent mean its One of the best, none of the three

Players have hit 70, don’t think miller has 60, it’s a good start but last year in

Late november pominville Eichel skinner was a top five line and at the end that wasn’t one of the best lines. (Due to Poms regression and skinners slow second half) 

it could be elite one day but look at the top lines of every team and you could argue it’s not even a top 15 or 20 line.

florida and vegas nearly have two top lines as good, isles, sabres, bruins, Avs, leafs, flyers, canes, flames, oilers, press, blues, jets, stars, I could go in have as good of lines or better 

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever

With Baertschi, the difference is in expectations. What I want to happen and what will likely happen are two different things.

I want Sven to come into the lineup, shine, really have a noticable impact, put up points, be a spark, and be the difference-maker we need right now. Especially after lighting it up in Utica. I'm rooting for the guy. I want to see him do that here on the big club. And I'm really hoping that happens. I've always believed in the guy.

What my gut tells me will likely happen is that Baertschi will provide enough skill and talent to keep us stable, he's got chemistry with most of the guys, he'll create opportunities, and he'll keep the caliber of play high. As far as filling a hole in the lineup, I'm happy we have him as a call up. Having Baertschi in the lineup doesn't make us worse. 

He was fine against the Jets. Didn't like that penalty but the calls definitely weren't on our side. If he's in the lineup on Sunday, I hope he's key to our victory! 

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Stelar said:

Love how everyone gets a boner after 10 games thinking we are in the playoffs. The season is long and the first 10-15 are no indication. 

forwards: Secondary scoring has dried up. If that isn’t fixed ASAP then this will be another long year. Leivo and Pearson are contributing F all right now. Horvat also needs to pick it up  

Defence:  not a good night. Edler looked like Bad Edler. Myers was average. Tanev was his usual self. 

Myers hasn’t been average. He’s been god awful 

15 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Back to the same old same old. Maybe the Canucks will get a decent 1st rounder this year, draft a sturdy Dman. Baertschi was ineffective. Eriksson was awful, glad Green finally benched him in the 3rd. Perhaps I overestimated the Canucks at around the 10-game mark. Ahh those were good times. I wonder, does Ferland mean that much to the Canucks success? They can't seem to win without him. 

I think you’re overanalyzing ferland in those first ten games and undermining the fact we played Detroit and la two of

the worst Teams in those four wins when our offense snd powerplay were deadly

we had zero row wins against playoff teams from last year until we beat San Jose. Now we have either one or two. We beat the blues in a shootout which is an old tie. Being tired after regulation and overtime anyway. Still have dropped

four of five and we will be truly tested soon.

4 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Lol all teams lose. Look at the jets record. Look at the golden knights record. Look at the Toronto maple leafs.  If we lose a few more then we all have something to worry about but 2 losses in a row?? Lol

Go back under your bridge.

This isn't the NFL. Its an 82 game season.

That’s 3 losses in a row genius 

I know it gets difficult after 2 but hopefully you learn to use the rest of your fingers on the one hand 

If we truly want Bo to get going. And truly want at least 2 good lines that can score, we (well Green) have to look at Boeser with Bo.  Most coaches today think in terms of pairs rather than 3 person lines. For various reasons. One being its hard pay all three on one line a premium and still have enough cap to scrape together a decent second. Or simply because they don't have enough top calibre players. We've seen this on our team and others for decades now.  Naslund and Bertuzzi with Morrison. The twins with Burrows. But this is the norm now on most teams.

We have arguably 4 premium forwards.  Horvat, Miller, Pettersson, and Boeser.  In some configuration or another, they should be paired off into the two top lines.  Bo and Boeser have had good chemistry in the past. And Petey can survive with Miller and whomever is on a roll at the moment, whether it be Pearson, Leivo, Baer, Virtanen, even Gaudette playing wing.  Solidify two top pairings and go from there.  I'm sick of the Bo line merrygoround. At least give him one decent permanent linemate and go from there

2 hours ago, aqua59 said:

Then Loui. What's left to be stated about this player?

Louie plays the Green style of hockey perfectly. That's why Green keeps playing him over guys like Guadette. When are people going to realize that it's not the players, it's the overall Junior B type of system they're playing that is the problem? 

I've noticed the same problems game in and game out but have remained silent up to this point because despite the elementary and predictable system they're forced to play they've managed to win games. Other teams are figuring it out now and countering it. I really hope this isn't going to be another disappointing season of mediocrity under Coach Green. The teams got way too much talent to waste it.

• Wat 1

I’m sorry but dumping on Baertschi after one game where he was rather nice is completely absent minded or biased.

The team played a horrible game. Somehow singling him as if he caused that mess is laughable. We could’ve had prime Sidney Crosby on that team last night and still have lost. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, aqua59 said:

He did sweet all, smurf hockey too small. Playing fine isn't good enough. 

So tell me, who played more than fine last night?

Nobody did. So Why are you acting as if Baertschi was the main problem last night. It’s pretty clear that you don’t like Baertschi to begin with and you’re attempting to use his performance last night to add to your opinion.

No one who is unbiased about Baertschi watches last night’s game, and comes out with the conclusion that he was a main problem.

Edited by Grape
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

Virtanen is another who I don't think is ready for the top 6.

Virt has looked really good playing on the wing with Bo. I thought the Horvat-Baertchi-Virtanen line was probably our most effective line in the first period in Winny last night.  Later on in the game TG started his typical line churning pairing Bo with guys like Leivo all the cohesiveness dried up and it looked like a disorganized mess out there.

2 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

First game back for sven. I will save my judgement. We have a vastly improved hockey team here. Way too many knee jerkers

Are you surprised?

Rest of the team plays below average and Sven gets called out. As if the guy that hasn’t played in the NHL in 7 months is gonna be our saviour. 

Give the guy some time. When the team gets going again he’ll be a good depth option.

• Cheers 2