The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Nov. 08, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Haha...can't even spell his name correctly!  

You will be here for about three days haha.

Sorry bud, markstrom on my phone goes to markstrum right away. 

I still have two days to post.

“ you will be on here” would be the correct way of writing that. Guess that gives you only three days on here as well now.

I didn't actually feel Baer was that bad for his first game back. The whole team wasn't exactly clicking. He isn't a heavy player but I don't think I would call him "soft" exactly. He had two hits in the game - as they are.

LE was atrocious - as usual. (And he IS super soft) He should be sat for Gaudette imo.

Edited by kloubek
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wonder if Zack McEwan is ready to have a look on the 4th line RW? while Motte is injured I wouldn't mind seeing Loui waived to Utica and give Zack a shot there to bring up some more sandpaper. With Beagle and Schaller doing the heavy lifting on that line maybe that could be a thing. 

This is rather telling, Jimmy. I remember(Sept?) you'd put up a pretty valiant defense on the case of mystery-Loui. Seems it's becoming increasingly clear for all of us. Which lends itself to philosophical-debate: Can one's INVISIBILITY become even easier to see?!

I don't think folks are stickin pins in LouiVoodoo..but everyone's aware of the 81.5 mill, bang-for-buck existentialism. There's just no way to appreciate an aging albatross, too old/sick to even get aloft.

& yeah..I'm hankerin' for the Big Mac! He could be a 2nd half beaut..or even sooner?

15 minutes ago, Krzysl said:

And we waste Demko peak years like we did Schneider. No thank you! 

It took Markstrom 7 years to get to this level, there is still no guarantee Demko is ready next season. Also its not like they can't split the crease with them... Teams with Goalies that play 50 or less games in the regular season have better results in the post season. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

It took Markstrom 7 years to get to this level, there is still no guarantee Demko is ready next season. Also its not like they can't split the crease with them... Teams with Goalies that play 50 or less games in the regular season have better results in the post season. 

Demko is light years ahead of markstrom at the same age. Markstrom was a bust. Markstrom now is reaching potential. Trade value at its peak. Canucks could benefit from trade. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

Just now, Krzysl said:

Demko is light years ahead of markstrom at the same age. Markstrom was a bust. Markstrom now is reaching potential. Trade value at its peak. Canucks could benefit from trade. 

Laughable at best have fun with that. Markstrom was considered the best goalie outside of the NHL at Demko’s age...

Just now, theo5789 said:

If it was, then I wouldn't have asked, but okay.

His pp was reliant on the Sedin's talent. Teams figured it out and it became neutralized by good teams and we feasted on crap teams to artificially keep the PP in the top half of the league much like now. 

He was propped up by OEL in Arizona teams figured him out he didn't adjust and PP steadily fell from 7th to 27th in the league. 

He's not a good PP coach and it's mind boggling you defend him so much. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

With Roussel coming back he can replace his duties though. He’s a much better pker along with Motte.

Either way it shows we have much more depth with quite a few different options.

Even with Roussel back Schaller>>>Pearson

19 hours ago, xereau said:

giphy.gif

This really deserves more positive reactions... maybe people aren't getting it? 

Or maybe I'm getting it wrong lol 

The way I see it, it's a meme that shows how tough as nails Tanev is. Cuz even without two hands, he'd probably return and finish the game :lol:

All those years of playing in our system with Bieksa really rubbed off on him. 

As for the game... Not the best outcome obviously but could have gone either way. Ultimately Hellebuck robbing Bo at 2-1, then Connor scoring shortly after cost us the game. 

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

His pp was reliant on the Sedin's talent. Teams figured it out and it became neutralized by good teams and we feasted on crap teams to artificially keep the PP in the top half of the league much like now. 

He was propped up by OEL in Arizona teams figured him out he didn't adjust and PP steadily fell from 7th to 27th in the league. 

He's not a good PP coach and it's mind boggling you defend him so much. 

That seems like an excuse for any PP coach then. There is no coach that can make crap players suddenly have a good PP. Is Boston's PP top of the league this year because of their PP coach or the fact that Marchand and Pastrnak have been on fire? Every PP in the league is propped up by their star players.

If OEL can singlehandedly prop up a PP, then that's impressive on its own. Perhaps we don't need a PP coach and just find these players that can singlehandedly bolster a PP.  I highly doubt anyone can name a coach that is prolific at making their PP potent night in and night out and adapt in game to the opposition PK and the ones that will be listed will surely have star players bolstering their PP.

I'm not defending Brown and suggesting he is a PP guru or anything, I just don't believe that he deserves all the blame that he gets here. Many teams and players feast on weak teams, if we aren't, then it's an even bigger problem.

• Thanks 1

Loui gets a lot if $&!# on here. 

I agree that he isn't fit a 4th line. 

A shut down 4th line needs that all three player have the same grit and Loui is smart but not gritty(or whatever word best describes Schaller, Beagle...). He is better with more creative players, similar to Goldy. Do you remember what Goldy said about our 4th line players? Goldy made a very degrading remark of our 4th line skills... 

3rd line players is definately Sutter(he might be in top 6 also) and Gaudette. Leivo is more of a 4th line so instead of Loui it should be Leivo covering for Motte. 

One of the bright spots at the end of last season was Loui with Pearson and Horvat. I would rather play Loui in top 6 and see how it goes. Now is the right time also when the high speed is killing us. With this dump and chase we also waste a lot of energy for nothing so the players get fatigue quicker. 

We need smart players in top 6 to let players like Pearson reach their potential. Baertschi is one, Loui another and Goldy might be the third option. But Green need to make his strategies more dynamic. If he changes the speed during games the oppo have a harder time to adjust. 

I've seen the benefits of the dump and chase with a lot if shooting. With a bit of luck it get's a lot of goals. The downside is that we shoot a lot of ineffectiv, easy for the goalie to save and we often let in easy goals for the oppo because we tend to invest heavily in digging the puck out of the corners. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

I say play LE to death on a gravy diet. 

Fatten the guy up so he has some kind of trade value. 

He’s deadweight and a passenger and not what the new roster is looking to identify as. 

Play the hell out of both he and Sven that way and whoever else is trade bait. 

Edmundon and Lowry, and if you can swing it, Josh Anderson and Jenner would be awesome, Jim. :towel:

Edited by 189lb enforcers?

5 hours ago, aqua59 said:

What the heck were we watching last night? 

Last nights game had an eerie feeling of last season when I saw either one of these two guys on the ice. 

Double soft ice cream. Is the salary keeping the team from moving on from these two duds? 

Yes I'm including Bartschi. He was soft much like last year getting pushed off the puck, unable to physically drive past opposing players. This guy did nothing after a

demotion to the minors and getting called up. It was pathetic and i was pissed this guy was an option. Too small and not very quick. 

Neither player added to the new so called drive the Canuck possess this season. No bite, zip.

Has Travis Green fallen into the WD trap of playing what he knows rather than developing a younger player into what he wants? 

Was this a showcase call up? If it was I'd be amazed that any team would want this guy on their team. 

Then Loui. What's left to be stated about this player? How many games has been dressed now in a row. Not one noticeable play, not even a hit. Zippola.

Where was he sitting in the third period? The bench?  There's nothing the Canucks can showcase here. Maybe suitcase him to the minors but he'd do nothing there either but take up space from a young prospect. 

Jim Benning and Travis Green need to cut bait with both these players especially Loui.

Last night it looked like we didn't have full cohesive lines. When these two players were inserted into the line it looked like last year's team. Patchwork special.

Nothing was going to happen with these guys on the ice. 

I'm sure there will be fans rooting for Bartschi to flourish but it's not going to happen. Not a chance past a showcase call up. 

There were lots of things wrong with Vancouver's game last night. One major problem was poor discipline with penalties. Lazy stuff. 

Lazy can be addressed but two players falling short of their so called ability isn't gonna help. They can try as hard as they want but it falls short. 

I don't want to see either act any more.

Well, why play Loui as a 4th liner? 

This one is on Green. Loui has to play in a scoring line so if Green want Loui playing he has to put Loui with, par example Horvat or a 3rd scoring line. 

• Wat 1