The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 01, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

29 minutes ago, xereau said:

What a female dog. I assume the NHL won't him him for diving either?

giphy.gif

If he doesn't get fined for that, what a joke. It was interference but no need to sell it like that. No integrity with that kinda sh*t .

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Nucks780 said:

If he doesn't get fined for that, what a joke. It was interference but no need to sell it like that. No integrity with that kinda sh*t .

There was a play where a stick tapped him on the shoulder and he whipped his head back and grabbed at his face like he was SHOT before he looked at the ref.

Might have been Eriksson too.

There should be someone in charge of fining all of the divers in the league.

Edited by xereau
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

I think generally it's fine, could use some tuning of course, but McDavid isn't leading the league in points because he's not capable of exploiting these situations. I like to see how our PK would fare when we get back Beagle and Sutter along with Motte and Roussel. Those guys are pretty much all of our regular PK guys along with Horvat and Pearson I'd say. Didn't help to have Edler out as well. I know it sounds redundant to blame injuries, but I don't think it's really any surprise that our PK has been slipping of late with those guys out.

Motte and Roussel are quicker and could track the puck better while hopefully Sutter and Beagle are winning possession to break up the opportunities before they could even occur. The ripple effect to not have Horvat and Miller on the PK as often is not negligible either.

Our zone D is fine to weak from my perspective. Especially against strong skating, better conditioned teams that play man to man. And it's something we can't get away from with bigger guys like Myers and vets like Edler. There's no way we can play man to man for any length of time without wearing out all of our D.

The frustrating thing to me is that we sometimes get dragged into playing the man, leaving us out of zone position, flat footed, and we scramble. Also, our zone doesn't collapse enough to jam up the shooting lane. It's more often than not all over the place. 

Agree on the PK and injuries. It does have a ripple effect. Can't wait for Motte, Beagle and Roussel to get back. Roussel tomorrow, so we'll see. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, mll said:

Teams can't keep players on IR if they are ready to go - they are at risk of getting fined or even losing draft picks.  

CapFriendly shows the Canucks with negative cap space - it does look like they need to make some moves.  Players on IR still count against the cap and they've been using Roussel's LTIR to get cap relief to recall players.  He's supposed to be coming off LTIR soon, so they won't be able to use his 3M anymore and need to find the space elsewhere to deal with injuries.  Maybe someone else goes on LTIR.  

Ferland is now per cap friendly  on LTIR,  funny I thought  he was close to returning!

7 hours ago, bree2 said:

Benn played quite well last night in 2 periods he had 8 sog. very impressive

He was out of position on the Draisaital pp goal and had the puck taken away from him that led to another goal 

I like him but he is not a guy we want forced into the top 4

the shots he racked up were long non threatening shots 

5 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

Still wondering how the fu*k the league thought it would be ok to schedule a home game on the second night of a back to back after an 8k km 6 game road trip (7 game trip if you add last nights game) I'm surprised the boys had any gas left in the tank for last nights game.

I don’t buy this. The league uses computerized models to lay out the schedules and frankly every team has similar schedules. It’s true we travel more distance being a west coast team but that’s life 

these guys are professional athletes and there was not a single back to back game on the road trip ...I think? 

the Canucks need to improve their fitness

1 hour ago, Nucks780 said:

21 minutes ago, xereau said:

He is a total female dog, wouldn't take a lesson if it was jammed up his cloaca sideways.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, xereau said:

What a female dog. I assume the NHL won't fine him for diving either?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

That is absolutely disgusting.  He should  be suspended if the league is serious about stopping that kind of crap.  Looks like a  European soccer player ffs.

Eriksson should have punched him in the head and tell the ref now that’s Fing penalty

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

Do you mean the Leivo who scored one of the two goals and was named the game's second star? 

Yea the same bottom 6 player thats been useless for majority of the season and cant take advantage of top 6 minutes and PP time.

And has also been deployed as an extra attacker over guys like Petey and Bess.